Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:07:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Password Recovery - new service, official thread  (Read 2854 times)
WalletPasswordRecovery (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 05:26:53 PM

hello,
I have 5 exact messages from contact form, I guess it works ;-)
Already have answered to your email.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opies32765

Activity: 88
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:46:18 PM

hello,
I have 5 exact messages from contact form, I guess it works ;-)
Already have answered to your email.

ok sent info...lets see
opies32765

Activity: 88
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:31:34 AM

Sent info and an email 2 days ago...please respond

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 08:34:58 AM

Sent info and an email 2 days ago...please respond
responded and working on it, trillions of combinations... my GPUs are trying hard
mxp8

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:52:35 PM

Sent an email a couple days ago waiting for reply to send keystore file.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2017, 09:59:15 PM

Sent an email a couple days ago waiting for reply to send keystore file.
hi,
just replied, I have been busy lately, have a look at email
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:48:10 AM

Hi i,m Lloyd from the Netherlands a small country also known as Holland. my topic is about the guys from WalletPasswordRecovery.com.
i had recently lost my passcode on my digibyte wallet i was very desperate because it was a very long password,so searching the internet
for a solution i came across this forum where i saw there was a wallet recovery services.
i thouhgt what the heck (hack) i might as well give it a try, i made contact throuhg the contact form  on the website and got in touch with this wonderfull guy named Wojciech
and he told me he would help me out so i send him my wallet.dat file with all the funding details.
after a few corresponding sessions up and down he finally told me he recovered the wallet passcode, after deducting 15% which is in my opinion a very reasonable price
he returned the rest of my fundings.
so you guys out there whenever you lose your passcode and mine was a 20 character passcode just go to

WALLETPASSWORDRECOVERY.COM

These guys are the best and Wojciech once more i,m very grateful for youre services
regards Lloyd

Okay, Let's say That, OP is Really a Trusted Person, But, can You Please Insert A Photo Showing That your Password Has Been Recovered by That site or By That Guy You Mentioned. Trust is always The Basis of having Conversations of Two Persons Regarding to What The Business or Problem is, Since OP  Haven't earned Positive Rep yet, maybe The IDEA of Showing Proofs, Like Images can Recommend Mr.OP of His Service.

civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:56:05 AM

This kind of service really requires a lot of trust, otherwise customer hardly will send a 100btc wallet to anyone for recovering the password.

bitek

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:30:10 PM

Hello.
I apologize for poor English. the translator does not always work well Smiley

the bitcoin recovery is based on a large purchase. it is necessary to send a wallet file?
I have almost 10 btc. lost password (I forgot).
It's hard to trust someone on the internet. How can I be sure that my btc will come back? ssl security is on 10,000 usd? is it a guarantee that someone will return the money?
For me, it is a much larger amount ..

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 05:04:12 AM

the bitcoin recovery is based on a large purchase. it is necessary to send a wallet file?

no, you do not have to. You can extract the password hash and send the hash only. I described it here:
https://walletpasswordrecovery.com/faq/
what kind of wallet it is? if it is bitcoin core?
dp33071

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:42:58 PM

Hello,

I have been doing research on your service and you seem %100 legit. I have a problem myself and wonder if you can help. If you reply yes I will follow up with the necessary steps.

It's a pivx wallet, and I sent some pivx there 2 weeks ago, used my passphrase successful and started to stake. I had to do a cpu update last week, and after cpu restart I tried to unlock my wallet and was getting incorrect pass phrase when I am sure it's the correct password. I tried other passwords with slight changes but nothing. I am pretty sure it's the correct passphrase. Not sure if a cpu update had anything to do with it. At this point I am out of options really. Any chance you can help? It's a decent amount of pivx

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 09:02:09 PM

hi,
Technically yes.
I have just installed the client, set up the password, check if is working and extracted the hash - bitcoin core style. I was able to recover it with my standard tools just like bitcoin core passwords.

It all depends what do you remember about the password...  If you remember something I might be able to help you. Please fill the form on my webpage.

if you want to extract the hash just follow the steps just like for bitcoin core wallet:
https://walletpasswordrecovery.com/faq/
dp33071

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:05:07 AM

Hello, thanks for the reply. I just have more thing, I have talked to pivx support and they said it might not even be the password but that I need to essentially decrypt the file even though the check will say it failed. All my backup files are accepting the passphrase as well and like I said I do think the pass phrase is correct as I only started to use that pass phrase just 3 weeks ago, my memory isn't that bad lol.

So the question is it possible for you to  decrypt the file?

Thanks. Just wanted to give that last piece of information before we go forward.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:43:35 PM

what pivx core wallet version have you installed, which Operating System?
please provide link to your pivx core client

what encryption are you talking about? have you encrypted the wallet.dat file by yourself? what software, algorithm have you used?

I have installed windows 64bit version and I do not see any other encryption expect that one in the client (Settings->Encrypt Wallet...)
You can extract the hash from the wallet.dat file (pivx core directory), I have described it on my faq page, just replace the word bitoin with pivx.
Hash is needed for me to try possibilities for password recovery.
dp33071

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:41:21 PM

The new wallet 3.1.0.2 Windows. It's on the pivx website, just after scrolling down.

Well I encrypted the wallet myself, yes. I saved a backup wallet.dat file. I used the pass phrase to unlock a few times before I started my staking. After 8 days I had to do some cpu updates, so when I went to close my pivx wallet before the cpu restart, it took a lot longer to close down and I got the (this program is not responding) message, then eventfully closed after about 5-10 mins. After the cpu restart, the pivx wallet is now telling me my passphrase is incorrect when I am sure it's the correct password. After talking to pivx support, and them having me try many different methods, and using all my wallet.dat back up files, it still says my pass phrase is incorrect. So the other day, this is what they told me :

'I believe the file became corrupt (but this doesn't explain why you weren't able to use a backup...) and need to essentially decrypt the file even though the check will say it failed'

So I am no expert with cpu's and etc, so not sure what that means which brings me to here.

I have never extract a hash before. I will go to your page and see the steps needed. I will just wait for your reply here about what pivx support told me and if that is something that you think can be fixed, because myself and pivx support doesn't even think it's a in correct pass phrase, but a corrupt file. Like I said, I think the pass phrase I have is indeed %100 the correct one. needless to say I am confused and baffled as to why this happened, not sure if it's the cpu windows updates I did when my pivx wallet was running.

I will await your reply before trying to extract the hash.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 07:15:28 PM

OK. I see:
'I believe the file became corrupt (but this doesn't explain why you weren't able to use a backup...) and need to essentially decrypt the file even though the check will say it failed'

I agree. Did you use Tools-> Wallet Repair ?? I assume yes.
perhaps try this first:
1. Save your curren wallet.dat file in safe place, do the same with your backup wallet.dat file
2. Uninstall privx core, restart, install once again with freshly downloaded client. If you have another computer you can try to install the client on the another machine.
3. Go to the pivox core directory and replace newly generated wallet.dat file with your old wallet.dat file
3a. If you still cant access the coins do: Tools-> Wallet Repair
4. The same as in 3 but with your backup wallet.dat file
4a....
dp33071

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:13:09 PM

Hey man thanks for the reply.

Yes I have done all you have mentioned. I tried all those options, pivx support tried all those options for me. I installed the pivx wallet on my laptop with pivx support and did the same step you took with no luck. Someone told me who is great with all of this stuff . "something corrupted causing the code not to function correctly. And that is has to do with the pivx wallet and that they cant help because the pivx wallet is private with no open source. And only pivx can identify the problem.

You think this is true? At this point it sounds like I tried all the available options and I am out of luck. What you think?

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 08:28:20 AM

well, so if you have reinstalled the client, the support have done the same and the problem persist, I would ruled out the problem with the client.
I would look for a problem with wallet file. You turned off the computer while closing the client. The wallet file might not be closed properly.
Knowing the password you may try to extract the private keys from your old wallet and if success import into fresh new wallet
dp33071

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

This last step, 'Knowing the password you may try to extract the private keys from your old wallet and if success import into fresh new wallet'

I am not how to extract the private keys from my old wallet. I have a small update from pivx. This is what I was told.

"Hey, I'm really sorry to say that I've tried a handful of things and I can't compile a version of the wallet that will decrypt even when it thinks the password is bad". I believe this (which wagerr is a fork of PIVX) probably happened to you: https://www.reddit.com/r/Wagerr/comments/85iotn/wagerr_mainnet_wallet_password_not_working_but_it/ I have reached out to them, but they never provided PIVX with the corrupts wallet and I can't figure out what changes they made to pywallet to get it to work... here (https://github.com/wagerr/wagerr/issues/36?ref=tokendaily) they state that they are planning to create a website to walk through the steps but I can't find that site either so I assume they never got around to it

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wagerr/comments/85iotn/wagerr_mainnet_wallet_password_not_working_but_it/

https://github.com/wagerr/wagerr/issues/36?ref=tokendaily)

Now that some progress is being made, you think you can be any help to me?

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 10:26:43 PM

yes, I can work on that.
hi, I was able to dump private keys from pivix wallet using mentioned pywallet. There is a problem in importing them to new wallet. Yes pywallet needs modification to dump it in demanded format, originally is designed for bitcoin not pivx.
It needs investigation, some programming... hours of work
If you decide yes, please use my contact form on the web, fees apply.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: