Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:54:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 BTC For PP[Starts at $10]  (Read 2180 times)
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:45:05 AM

Go for it. Even on ebay or any other auction site you can back out from a winning auction. As a buyer, I no longer want it, as I do not see the product viable anymore. In a business, buyer is always right. I give a flying f**k about what you think Grin

i would but it's not my auction

ebay huh?

using about.com as a quick google search http://ebay.about.com/od/frequentlyaskedquestion1/f/faq_backout.htm

Sometimes you'll bid on an item only to see it for sale in the Sunday paper at a lower price than your bid, or only to realize that you've already spent your grocery money for the month. In such cases, is it okay to back out?
Answer: No. Just as would be the case in a "live" auction, eBay auction bids are considered legal and binding on both bidder and seller. As a bidder, you must pay for the item and receive it if you win, and likewise, the seller must transfer ownerhship of the item to you and deliver it to you once you have paid for it as a winning bidder.

seems to describe this situation quite exact huh? you woke up and saw the item cheaper and backed out

It is absolutely ok for buyer to back out of an auction in ebay. I have had many buyer do so. It is better to cancel the auction, and relist instead of a disgruntled buyer. Ebay gives your final value fee and listing fees back for a cancelled auction. This auction is listed for free.

Moreover, this is an invalid auction item, as you cannot list usd for ebay auction - go try it and see if you get banned or not.

Anyway, I an done with replying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shibaji

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:49:27 AM

Yeah, it's pretty dishonorable on shibaji's part. Hopefully btc4amazon and him comes to an agreement.

Sure - btc value now is 76usd as I type, I will pay 80usd right now (valid for next 2 hrs), and will change as things change. BTC rises to >90usd, I will gladly pay 100usd.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:51:03 AM

Go for it. Even on ebay or any other auction site you can back out from a winning auction. As a buyer, I no longer want it, as I do not see the product viable anymore. In a business, buyer is always right. I give a flying f**k about what you think Grin

ebay huh?

using about.com as a quick google search http://ebay.about.com/od/frequentlyaskedquestion1/f/faq_backout.htm

Sometimes you'll bid on an item only to see it for sale in the Sunday paper at a lower price than your bid, or only to realize that you've already spent your grocery money for the month. In such cases, is it okay to back out?
Answer: No. Just as would be the case in a "live" auction, eBay auction bids are considered legal and binding on both bidder and seller. As a bidder, you must pay for the item and receive it if you win, and likewise, the seller must transfer ownerhship of the item to you and deliver it to you once you have paid for it as a winning bidder.

seems to describe this situation quite exact huh? you woke up and saw the item cheaper and backed out

It is absolutely ok for buyer to back out of an auction in ebay. I have had many buyer do so. It is better to cancel the auction, and relist instead of a disgruntled buyer. Ebay gives your final value fee and listing fees back for a cancelled auction. This auction is listed for free.

Moreover, this is an invalid auction item, as you cannot list usd for ebay auction - go try it and see if you get banned or not.

Anyway, I an done with replying.

It is OK if the seller accepts it. And where did camolist ask for this to be listed on ebay?
shibaji

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:52:19 AM

It is OK if the seller accepts it. And where did camolist ask for this to be listed on ebay?

camolist ? I thought auction is by BTC4Amazon unless I am mistaken.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:53:13 AM

You were quoting / responding to him.
shibaji

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:55:53 AM

camolist ? I thought auction is by BTC4Amazon unless I am mistaken.

Yes, and you are correct that if seller accepts that - otherwise the buyer gets an unpaid item strike (which seldom happens, if you sell on ebay, you will know why). BTC4Amazon can certainly do either of these:

1. Accept renewed offer, or
2. Go and write in my rep thread about how I am a bad buyer, and no one should let me participate in an auction and rate me -1

I am fine with either.

shibaji

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:58:02 AM

Anyway, in short, if this was goods, I would not have backed out, but for a currency, I only expect to pay a small % above its value. If you are not happy about it, I am sorry, but nothing I can do.
shaza4061

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:08:30 AM

I think the best way to resolve this is for shibaji to pay BTC4Amazon a withdrawal fee, and BTC4Amazon can list again the auction.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:07:31 AM

Anyway, in short, if this was goods, I would not have backed out, but for a currency, I only expect to pay a small % above its value. If you are not happy about it, I am sorry, but nothing I can do.

Seriously? The exchange rate is $83/1btc and you think your bid of 100 is exorbitant? Take a look at the other listings here. You are lucky it's an instant exchange. Several people sold physical goods when the rate was over $200 with escrow and before the goods arrived the price had fallen to under $100. 
BTC4Amazon (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 06:42:47 PM

AUCTION IS CLOSED
I am highly disapointed that you would bid on something and then be unwilling to pay it, but I can't force you to.
I just ask that you no longer bid on any of my entries.

Thanks
BTC4A
shibaji

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:45:59 PM

AUCTION IS CLOSED
I am highly disapointed that you would bid on something and then be unwilling to pay it, but I can't force you to.

Thanks
BTC4A

Fair enough and agreed to.
shibaji

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:47:24 PM

AUCTION IS CLOSED

Thanks
BTC4A

BTW, since the price of BTC is now > 90 (90.36 to be exact), I will live upto my last statement, and am willing to pay 100. Let me know if you would proceed to stay angry.
shibaji

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:48:13 PM

AUCTION IS CLOSED

Thanks
BTC4A

BTW, since the price of BTC is now > 90 (90.36 to be exact), I will live upto my last statement, and am willing to pay 100. Let me know if you would proceed to stay angry.

Read ... "proceed OR stay angry" :-)
LGV
Copper Member

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

I'm a SIM / eSIM tech guy now BUIDL'ng Solara.io

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 02:08:51 AM

ebay huh?

shibaji winning bid block other bids ( like mine )...
It cost me opportunity & time
My MtGox account not verified, Bips.me is too expensive  (Bid Spread is crazy)

Solution was to use www.BTCQuick.com ... Hint buy a membership first
Got my BTC :-) great service

LGV

LGV
Leon-Gerard Vandenberg, PEng MBA
LG@Solara.i
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: