Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:22:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Now Open] $1220 for >1.1MH/s Litecoin Miner -- Vorksholk's Mining Solutions  (Read 19162 times)
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:53:34 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2013, 09:38:42 PM by Vorksholk

Orders are back!
Now accepting Bitcoins and Litecoins! 10 Bitcoins or 450 Litecoins gets you a shiny, pretty >1.1MH/s Miner, shipped anywhere in the Continental United States!

Now lower power! Units now run around 500 Watts at full throttle, which is a bit over 1.1MH/s!

Question for y'all: Would you be interested in a 4U rackmount solution as well?

http://www.vorksholkms.com/

Take the stress, work, and time out of Litecoin mining!
-Prebuilt machine works out-of-the-box
-No messing with thread-concurrencies, different mining programs, and shader/memory clocks
-Use our simple interface
-Components carefully chosen to work and mine well together
-Friendly Windows environment
-Hardware pre-stress-tested, don't worry about infancy failures!

Note: units are loud, as fans are spinning very fast! Keep this in mind while buying. You will want an area to run the unit where people aren't trying to work or sleep. Smiley

Introduction Video

Vorksholk's Mining Solutions aims to make your entry into litecoin mining as easy as possible.
>You buy a unit
>Your unit is assembled and tested
>Your unit arrives at your door
>You unpack your miner, plug in a mouse+keyboard, plus a monitor (not included), and boot up the machine
>Setup program will automatically launch, and guide you through everything you need to do  
>Your miner is running at over 1.1MH/s (assuming reasonable ambient temperature), to the pool of your choice

How easy is that?

We have just started, and therefore are taking orders on this forum thread. The price will be $1200 plus shipping to your location. As well, additional configuration options are available, some at an increased cost.

Miner specs:
$1200 + shipping:

-2x7950
-4GB DDR3 RAM
-AMD Sempron 145
-Motherboard with 2 or more PCIe Ports
-750W PSU
-250GB Magnetic
-Windows 7
-Ethernet (Wifi: Extra $23)

"Make it Game" option: $400-$600 addon price
---
$400 Gaming package:
Intel i5-3570k Processor
120GB SSD or 2TB Magnetic (Your choice)

$600 Gaming package:
Intel i7-3770K Processor
240GB SSD
---

7950s come CrossFire'd together (unless you specifically refuse this)
Free installs of the games that come with your GPUs, if any (currently, you would get a copy of Crysis 3, and a copy of Bioshock Infinite already on the machine, as well as an extra copy of both games to give to a friend).
The Make It Game option not only makes this system usable for two purposes to you (mine and game), it increases the resale value of the machine.

Approximate Shipping Time:
Since I do not know if there will be demand for this service, for the start of the service your hardware will be ordered when you purchase. Between shipping time from our supplier(s) to us and our 3-day testing program, your miner will likely ship around 8-10 days (weekends included) from the date of purchase. If you would like to forgo the 3-day testing period, you would receive your product much faster at a nominal fee.

3-day Testing Period:
During this testing period, your device runs for 3 days straight for two reasons:
1.) subsidize the cost of production
2.) test your hardware to protect against infancy failure
For an additional $10, we can point the miners at a worker of yours (on a pool of your choice) for 3 days. As well, for $10 you can bypass the testing period (although we still insist on a 24-hour), and get your product much quicker!

Warranty:
We don't provide any warranty ourselves on the machines we sell, however many of the components come with manufacturer warranties. You will need to open the box to send items back. We will guarantee that when the product leaves us, it works great.

What's in the box?
Upon receiving your miner, the box will contain three items.
>Computer/Miner
>OEM Reinstall DVD
>Instruction Pamphlet

How do I order?
Currently, we are doing this on an unsure basis, so we are selling products through the forums. To put in an order, just put a reply on this thread or PM me. If you want special configuration options, we can work that out on a case-by-case basis. If you would like to know how much shipping would cost, it would be coming from the southern United States. Contact us for a guaranteed shipping price!

If this business grows, we will make ebay listings. If it grows further, we will make a website with probably WHMCS or something similar.

FAQ:
1.) Who is this geared towards?
This product is geared towards two distinct sets of people: those new to mining who don't want to mess with building their own system and finding perfect settings, and those who don't want to be bothered with it and want quick deployment.

2.) Why are you doing this?
I (often referred to as "we" as this is a business) see this as a two-fold advantage: increasing network mining power while making money. We make a small amount of money on the actual unit, as well as some extra subsidy through our 3-day tests. Done in an efficient manner, the per-hour pay would be good.

3.) Do you support purchase in cryptocurrencies?
We currently do not support purchase in crypto currencies as with recent fluctuations time from purchase to conversion to USD (we have to buy parts in USD, unless bitcoinstore.com starts carrying all of the items we need) might fall short. However, we do plan to implement a system in the future for this payment option.

4.) What miner program does the miner come setup with?
It comes setup with out own custom configuration creator (which guides you through pools, pool information, etc.), and runs cgminer at its core.

5.) Can I order a system with three GPUs?
Due to concerns running three cards in one case (heat dissipation, spacing), we do not currently sell three GPU systems. However, this is not out of the question for the future.

6.) Can I order a system with one GPU?
Certainly! However, it is much less economical for you. Our standard miner with 2 GPUs gives 1.1MH/s for $1200, a 1-GPU system would run at ~550kH/s and would cost $800.

7.) Do custom orders take longer?
During the start of this program all configurations will have the hardware for them purchased when a user pays us, so all unit configurations (unless you need a special item that is out of stock with our suppliers) will take around the same amount of time. If demand increases to the point where we pre-buy hardware and your machine is already well into the 3-day testing period by the time you purchase it, regular orders will be filled much faster than Gaming upgrades or custom parts (AMD CPUs, extra RAM, etc.)

8.) Can this mine other Alt Currencies?
The mining program the computer ships with supports all Scrypt currencies: Currently Novacoin and Litecoin. The unit also supports mining SHA256-based currencies (Bitcoin, PPCoin, Terracoin, etc.)  but you will have to download and set up your own miner for those. Smiley

9.) What kind of support does the miner come with?
We will offer PM-based and e-mail-based support to help you get your miner setup, but do not provide help in doing anything but setting up the miner to mine litecoins.

10.) What factors will affect the speed of this machine?
Temperature. Cases get kinda hot.  

11.) Are there discounts for bulk orders?
Since we operate on fairly low margins there isn't all that much room for discounts. However, on bulk orders (more than two machines), you will get $25 off each miner.

12.) How much bandwidth does one of these miners use?
Actually, miners are very low bandwidth. On a standard consumer DSL line a few of these units would have no problem running!

13.) Can I get an alternate OS?
If you want Windows 7, just specify when you place an order, they are the same price. Smiley

We are not going to support linux at this time, as many people are having trouble getting appropriate hash rates on Linux for Scrypt Mining.

14.) Can I send you guys my Windows license and have you install that?
Due to our use of pre-configured images, we do not plan to support individuals using their own licenses.  

15.) Can I have an x with two y's and a z?
We are more than happy to meet your needs with flexible systems, from NVidia setups (just gaming) to larger capacity SSDs to built-in Blu-Ray players to shipping with gaming peripherals, we can make a custom system for you. Just ask, and we'll give you a quote.

16.) What payment system do you use?
Currently we will be using PayPal (I know, I know...) as our suppliers accept PayPal, and its the way for us to provide products at the cheapest prices possible.

17.) How much would it cost me to build an identical system myself?
To build an equivalent system on Newegg would cost you right around $1120. We feel our pricing is very reasonable.

18.) Can I resell these machines?
Yes, the Windows license is OEM for system builders, so you are free to resell the unit at a later point in time if you so choose. If you are considering this, you may want to take a look at the gaming upgrades, they would make the system much more tantalizing to potential buyers if it can game.

19.) What stops someone from buying a machine from you, then posting your program online for other people to use without purchase of your product?
We vehemently stand against using any kind of DRM. The custom program is a very specific program targeted at 2x7950 setups with specs exactly as we set up. We have no problem at all with people digging through our source code and redistributing. In fact, once units start shipping we will likely post a download link to the program for people who reinstall their OSes. The main work we put in (aside from the actual physical build) is fine-tuning the cards, which this software does NOT do. We simply find the optimal values, then set our miner to use those on that machine specifically. Your miner will come with a little card on which is printed the optimal values we found your hardware to run at, in case you ever need to reconfigure our software (if you reinstall the OS, etc.)

20.) What stops someone from buying a unit from you, seeing the exact hardware you use, and selling identical systems?
There is nothing we can do to stop this, and we wouldn't care if someone decided to do it anyhow. A lot of the work is in getting good optimized settings on a per-card or per-rig basis, and commercial competition is never a bad thing! If someone tried to undercut us they would either have to take ridiculously small margins or use lower-grade hardware, which we refuse to do.

21.) What games could the rig play if upgraded with your $400 gaming package?
With the gaming packages, the rig would be capable of playing most any game on the market at max or near-max graphics.
It has two 7950s working in unison, with a great gaming CPU, gaming-quality RAM, a great motherboard, and a SSD (if you choose that route) for great loading speeds. Don't try to play while mining however, it won't be too fun!

22.) Why should I trust you?
I'm a well-established forum member, and have done software development in the past for mining programs (check out EasyLTC, cgEasy, and AutoSolo). If you don't trust me, just don't order Smiley

23.) How many orders are you accepting at a time?  
Since we are just starting, we are going to limit the program to three units. Once we build these three units, ensure that our price point works, that our shipping is not flawed, and that our machines can rank up to the guaranteed rates, we will open up to many more orders. Orders will be filled on a first-come--first-serve basis, except for special orders which will be pushed behind while waiting for product arrival, then will get priority through the building process.

24.) Do you offer hosting of purchased machines?
I do not currently offer hosting/colocating. If I ever do, colocation will offer 1-6 GPUs per system, and will be an initial price to buy the hardware, plus a monthly price to host the hardware. Colocation of hardware will be a bit pricey to pay for electricity. If there is significant demand, I will consider renting out datacenter space in my neighborhood datacenter, and colocating hardware there. If you are interested in this, please feel free to shoot a PM my way. Smiley

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them below or PM them to me!      

Screenshots of included setup program:

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:04:10 AM

So why would I want to buy this when I can just go out on the market and get me a system 10x faster for far less 1x 7950 costs around $180 so that's 360 or their about

then ram everything else...... what makes this any different from someone walking out to a shop and just buying them Huh?

I give you credit for coming up with a services like this but i wish you best of luck in selling Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Mrkeety

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:05:21 AM

So why would I want to buy this when I can just go out on the market and get me a system 10x faster for far less 1x 7950 costs around $180 so that's 360 or their about

then ram everything else...... what makes this any different from someone walking out to a shop and just buying them Huh?

I give you credit for coming up with a services like this but i wish you best of luck in selling Smiley

A 7950 does not cost 180..
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 02:21:02 AM

Basically, it's for people who don't want to deal with all the learning curve involved with Litecoin mining, and just want to get in on the action. For someone coming into mining, this unit provides an affordable way to get into the scene without the excessive learning curve of finding shaders, thread concurrencies, optimal overclock settings and ratios, not to mention the learning curve associated with trying to price parts and assemble a machine. We provide an all-in-one solution for a small premium. Smiley As to the pricing, I think it's pretty fair:

RAM: $70
Motherboard: $130
2x7950: ~$620-640
SSD/HD: $50
Optical Drive: $25
850W PSU: $169
Mouse and Keybord: $15-$16 total
Processor: $49
Windows 8 OEM: $100
Wifi card: $25
Case: $100

Of course if you wanted to make your own solution you could get a better price with a mobo with 6xGPU support, two together-linked 1500W PSUs, etc. But for a modular design (all-in-one, little to no assembly, etc.), it would be hard to beat this price point.

elvisrene

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:48:15 AM

nice offer do you have any pics of the cases
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:12:26 AM

PLease post a pic of the case.

it takes a LOT to keep a 2x7950 in a concealed case cool.

my "desktop" with 2x7950's is in a corsair 400r with  2x 140mm fans on top, 2x120 in front, 2x 120 on the side and 1x120 in the back, and it STILL runs hotter than my open air setups.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Herbalconfusion

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:22:55 AM

escrow?
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:32:16 AM

buying 2nd hand but new yes would cost around what OP  said but still Ill go with something else.......

Thx for providing such an offer tho

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 04:28:50 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 04:40:55 AM by Vorksholk

nice offer do you have any pics of the cases

PLease post a pic of the case.

it takes a LOT to keep a 2x7950 in a concealed case cool.

my "desktop" with 2x7950's is in a corsair 400r with  2x 140mm fans on top, 2x120 in front, 2x 120 on the side and 1x120 in the back, and it STILL runs hotter than my open air setups.

I chose a case that allows extremely easy (two thumb screw) removal of the top side panel, so if the machine is used as a dedicated miner it can be run more efficiently:

I will put this info in the thread starter too Smiley

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 04:56:47 AM

escrow?

Unfortunately during the early stages of this escrow would probably not be possible, as I need to buy the parts with the money from the purchases, so having the money come after I've tested and shipped the unit wouldn't hold well. Sorry :\

Keep in mind though that PayPal does protect buyers quite well, and therefore if I end up not shipping a product to you you could file a claim with them, and if I can't provide evidence of a shipping label, packaging, etc. then the money would be returned to your account. Smiley

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:44:40 PM

buying 2nd hand but new yes would cost around what OP  said but still Ill go with something else.......

Thx for providing such an offer tho

Yeah, 2nd hand parts would certainly make the build cheaper, the only problem is the lifetime of the rig would likely take a hit.

Herbalconfusion

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:20:05 PM

I am very interested. I just cant afford to send out 1400$ without any security other than the amount of posts you have on the forum (repuatation). Frankly i believe you are legitimate and only trying to further the currency. For this i commend you! I'll be watching with an interested eye :p
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:30:33 PM

Basically, it's for people who don't want to deal with all the learning curve involved with Litecoin mining, and just want to get in on the action. For someone coming into mining, this unit provides an affordable way to get into the scene without the excessive learning curve of finding shaders, thread concurrencies, optimal overclock settings and ratios, not to mention the learning curve associated with trying to price parts and assemble a machine. We provide an all-in-one solution for a small premium. Smiley As to the pricing, I think it's pretty fair:

RAM: $70 - you can easily find 8 GB of ram for less than $60 1 2
Motherboard: $130 - why do you need such an expensive motheboard? a cheap motheboard with enough pcie x1 slots will easily suffice
2x7950: ~$620-640 - oh really? I can get 7950s for $270 ea after rebate, not to mention the free games that comes with it (which you can resell)
SSD/HD: $50 - just run the OS off a 16 GB USB drive
Optical Drive: $25 - why would you need this?
850W PSU: $169 - 950W 80+ PSU for $130 after rebate
Mouse and Keybord: $15-$16 total - you can easily reuse kb/m from another computer
Processor: $49 - you can get a cheaper amd processor for less than $40
Windows 8 OEM: $100 - use linux, or thepiratebay
Wifi card: $25 - wtf???
Case: $100 - $10 plastic box has better airflow
your design choices are questionable at best. not to mention the ROI for this machine is well over 5 months assuming no difficulty rise.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 03:33:47 PM

I am very interested. I just cant afford to send out 1400$ without any security other than the amount of posts you have on the forum (repuatation). Frankly i believe you are legitimate and only trying to further the currency. For this i commend you! I'll be watching with an interested eye :p

No problem, it's hard to send $1400 without any security, sadly escrow just isn't an option at this point :/ Thanks for the interest!

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 03:44:51 PM

RAM: $70 - you can easily find 8 GB of ram for less than $60 1 2
Motherboard: $130 - why do you need such an expensive motheboard? a cheap motheboard with enough pcie x1 slots will easily suffice
2x7950: ~$620-640 - oh really? I can get 7950s for $270 ea after rebate, not to mention the free games that comes with it (which you can resell)
SSD/HD: $50 - just run the OS off a 16 GB USB drive
Optical Drive: $25 - why would you need this?
850W PSU: $169 - 950W 80+ PSU for $130 after rebate
Mouse and Keybord: $15-$16 total - you can easily reuse kb/m from another computer
Processor: $49 - you can get a cheaper amd processor for less than $40
Windows 8 OEM: $100 - use linux, or thepiratebay
Wifi card: $25 - wtf???
Case: $100 - $10 plastic box has better airflow

Alright: Yes, you can find RAM a bit cheaper, the motherboard I've found offers no bottlenecks while Litecoin mining, is easy to use, and extremely reliable. For the cards, sure you can get them cheaper, but I'd like to mention that only MSi and Sapphire cards seem to perform at their top for Litecoin mining, and come at a bit of a premium. Windows won't fit on a 16GB USB Drive. Optical drive is for people who need to reinstall the system from the OEM disk, but I suppose I could have an option to not include a CD/DVD drive for $25 off. "PC Power and cooling" is an off-brand, I am using 80+ Certified GOLD PSUs from SeaSonic, which are more efficient, and much more reliable, in addition to producing less heat. Yes, Keyboard and mouse could come from another computer, perhaps I'll have an option to take another $15 off and not have keyboard and mouse with the machine. Yes, you can get a cheaper AMD, however heat is still a concern and I would have to go with a motherboard that supports AMD chips. I am not going to sell pirated products, and Litecoin mining on linux is not only extremely hard for first timers (which is what this product is target at), but is also extremely hard to get reasonable hash rates out of. The wifi card is for people who want to hook the miner up via wifi. Most people are probably not running long RJ-45 cables around, but Ethernet is onboard so they can still do that too if they wish. The Case is for the modular design--I don't want customers to have to assemble a product, set up extenders/risers, etc.

Bottom line: As I have stated before, this product is not aimed at people who know how to and have the time to do research into their own components, carefully select every item, manually configure their optimal clock settings for the best hash rate, etc. It is made for people who want to pa some money, and start mining litecoin with ease.

If you were to build the system yourself, you could certainly build the system cheaper. I simply refuse to settle with lower quality products in these machines. System RAM is important for Litecoin mining, I don't want any bottlenecks there. As well, this machine has a quick, fairly high easy resale value, unlike having to package and ship parts separately if you sell off your mining machines built in plastic cases and without licensed software.

As for the ROI:
Yes, ROI will take a while. As difficulty rises, so will price that litecoins can be sold at. 5 month ROI isn't bad in my opinion, imagine doubling your investment in a year. Building, configuring, researching, and optimizing your own system would likely see around a 4 month Return on Investment.

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 04:15:07 PM

I added this to the original post as well, but though I'd mention it here.

In an attempt to clear some suspicion out of the way:

The first buyer to get one of these gets $50 off if they agree to post a picture of the machine on this thread once they receive it.

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 10:39:11 PM

Added introduction video to OP:

Introduction Video

Extornia

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:51:49 PM

MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131872 - $90
GPU: 2X http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202026 - $620
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104339 - $63
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103888 - $39
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151108 - $121
Plastic milk box: $10
2x Risers off ebay: $7
Any old HDD you can find, can get one for $10-15 on ebay

Total: $960-965

I doubt anyone is retarded to make a dedicated 2x 7950 miner in an actual pc case. It is not worth it.

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:54:07 PM

I doubt anyone is retarded to make a dedicated 2x 7950 miner in an actual pc case. It is not worth it.

This sounds more like a resonably price.
I built 2 rigs with 2x7950 each last month for a total of less than 1400 € and they are hashing with over 2.2MH/s
And why this gigantic PSU? Just use a 630W for 45€ and 4 gig RAM. And there are ASRock mainboards with
2 PCIe 16x slots for less than 60€. I really don't get the pricing here

All this sounds like a rip off to me. Sorry

Donatioins always welcome Wink
LTC: LL2UDTbQNx9UiP37ZzJ4CLQDWm6JPgZG8t
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 11:59:01 PM

This sounds more like a resonably price.
I built 2 rigs with 2x7950 each last month for less than 1400 € and they are hashing with over 2.2MH/s
And why this gigantic PSU? Just use a 630W for 45€ and 4 gig RAM. And there are ASRock mainboards with
2 PCIe 16x slots for less than 60€. I really don't get the pricing here

All this sounds like a rip off to me. Sorry

I could do builds with this kind of hardware (aside from a milk box), if people would prefer. Really low-end core parts do significantly decrease versatility of the machine, but for a miner I suppose that's not a problem. I'll look into it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: