Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:10:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Now Open] $1220 for >1.1MH/s Litecoin Miner -- Vorksholk's Mining Solutions  (Read 19168 times)
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 04:13:06 PM

Here's a picture of a unit I am shipping out on Monday:

that is the 1.1MH/s option.

Update: 2/3 Introductory Units sold! Price may go up just a tad after the third one is sold.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BBQKorv

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 05:31:49 PM

Nice, just a few zipties in there and its professional looking.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 06:02:19 PM

Nice, just a few zipties in there and its professional looking.

Thanks!

Herbalconfusion

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:25:22 PM

Do the motherboards have support for more cards? I am not interested in adding a card within the case but rather with a 12 inch extender and housing this 3rd card more "open air".
Herbalconfusion

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:26:15 PM

I am seriously tinkering with the idea of buying your 3rd unit. How long until you will be building more?
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 12:54:14 AM

Do the motherboards have support for more cards? I am not interested in adding a card within the case but rather with a 12 inch extender and housing this 3rd card more "open air".

The motherboard itself that we use has two PCIe x16 ports, plus two PCIe x1 ports (one of which would be taken up by the WiFi card if going that route). You could get a x1 to x16 adapter, perhaps a 4P powered one Smiley

If you are interested in paying a bit more, I could get you a motherboard with up to 5 PCIe x16 slots, if you are interested.

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 01:01:00 AM

I am seriously tinkering with the idea of buying your 3rd unit. How long until you will be building more?

The 3rd one, if ordered today, would have parts arrive (probably) Wednesday of next week, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday would be testing days (as nothing happens on Sunday at the shipping places . . .), and it would ship out the following Monday morning Smiley.

As for after the 3rd unit sells, I have no idea. Not expecting more than a 2-3 day hiatus, during that time I'm just reevaluating my business model, possibly bumping up prices a small amount (depends on how much my average shipping cost is between the three introduction units), and take another look at alternate hardware configurations. If I had to guess, I'd say price will go up $10 to $20 bucks between the 3rd unit and the 4th.

As well, I may start accepting Escrow pretty soon, building up enough momentum to do pre-purchases of hardware, and have them ready to assemble (or even in on their testing period) at purchase time.

Another limiting factor is that I'm working with two (what I believe to be) 15-amp circuits, each of which can provide, following the 80% rule, just under 1500 Watts. Two machines take up between 600-680W, so I can only run 4 units testing at a time, and two of those positions are taken up by my own miners. However, I don't expect to have that become a problem soon. Smiley

hellobtcc

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 01:57:44 AM

good
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:47:55 AM

We have had one unit go faulty: one of the heatsinks on the card is bad, and requires an RMA process.

I have offered the person whose unit is affected three options:

1.) Ship the unit as is, downclock 2nd card to run at okay temperatures.
2.) Swap it out for another card which can arrive by Wednesday of this week. Point 1.1MH/s worth of hashing power to his (or her) pool (or pools, failover, balance) of choice for the duration of the wait (from tomorrow morning until when the unit actually ships).
3.) Send him (her) 30LTC, more than they would make during the waiting period if they were to mine with the unit. (They would get 21 LTC is difficulty stayed the same).

Aiming for full transparency here. I do plan to, once order volume increases, keep a few cards on hand to better deal with such issues. Sad

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 06:18:20 PM

"PC Power and cooling" is an off-brand, I am using 80+ Certified GOLD PSUs from SeaSonic, which are more efficient, and much more reliable, in addition to producing less heat.
Just wanted to take a moment and laugh at this. PCP&C is not an offbrand. In fact, they purchase units from SeaSonic and resell them with the PCP&C logo on them. You clearly don't know your stuff.

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 06:33:04 PM

"PC Power and cooling" is an off-brand, I am using 80+ Certified GOLD PSUs from SeaSonic, which are more efficient, and much more reliable, in addition to producing less heat.
Just wanted to take a moment and laugh at this. PCP&C is not an offbrand. In fact, they purchase units from SeaSonic and resell them with the PCP&C logo on them. You clearly don't know your stuff.

They used to be amazing, especially during their pre-2007 acquisition by OCZ. However, being a daughter brand of OCZ now, I stay clear of them. I have had OCZ PSUs, needless to say I'm not thrilled with them. Since they share the same supply line, I don't trust PCP&C PSUs anymore, though I am aware they are a step up from OCZ still.

The PC Power and Cooling supply that I would use would the the 750W one, which is $105-$110 and has 4 stars. The one I currently use for builds is $90 and has 5 stars. 
As well, I have switched to EVGA supernovas, same quality as SeaSonics so far and for a slightly better price.

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 12:35:27 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 03:06:37 AM by Vorksholk

All three introduction units sold, short hiatus and price re-evaluation.

Thanks! Smiley

Herbalconfusion

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 02:51:08 AM

Congrats man!
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 03:06:21 AM

Congrats man!

Thanks!

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 01:05:46 PM

I have determined that taking the side panel off is a hazard to children and pets (think bright blue lights, hot parts, and spinning fans). Therefore, I am going to do some testing with the side panel on, and market them at that speed, not to have the side panel removed. The hashing speed will be lower, I apologize.

Additionally, the only price change I am putting into effect is a +$25 (for a total of $85 shipping in the contiguous US/United States) to cover fully insuring the shipment to avoid damage and pay for damage if it occurs.

Will announce finalized pricing, and new hash rate sometime in the next 24 hours, and website will be back up and taking orders by Friday.

Thanks!

Note: If you ordered a unit, and are now worried about it being a hazard for children or pets, we will give you a full refund! We are going to contact all buyers before shipping to alert them to the hazard, and we will not ship their unit until they clear it, as being okay with the lower hash rate since the computer lid should remain on.

jtmart007

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:13:46 PM

This is a great idea and I am glad people are interested in what you have to offer. I am sure this point has been brought up but not everyone has PC building knowledge/time+patience/will to want to set up dedicated mining rigs. As investors in mining they simply want to throw money at something and make magic happen, which is what service you provide.

If you do end up cranking up sales and getting more people involved let me know - I'll shoot a PM your way.
gica_contra

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:16:40 PM

Having the side on+fan blowing air onto them worked wonders for my cards. Have you tested this? Also congrats for using ASrock motherboards. A company that changed their product from not POST-ing so something good in a few years. Hope you grow your business.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 03:35:02 PM

Having the side on+fan blowing air onto them worked wonders for my cards. Have you tested this? Also congrats for using ASrock motherboards. A company that changed their product from not POST-ing so something good in a few years. Hope you grow your business.

That's what I'm hoping, I gotta do some testing though, see how the performance turns out Smiley

On a side note, shipped the first unit out yesterday, person is going to post a few pics when he receives it Smiley

gica_contra

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:01:00 PM

Is that a Corsair case? You might wanna take advantage of their cable management. Also the red crashes with the blue from the PSU.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 04:56:06 PM

Is that a Corsair case? You might wanna take advantage of their cable management. Also the red crashes with the blue from the PSU.

It's a Rosewill Blackhawk, and the cablemanagement with it is alright, some of the cables for front panel connectors run a bit short, unfortunately.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: