Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lower Price Pundits Set Straight  (Read 809 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:02:20 AM

All of you people who believe bitcoin will "crash to $2X.XX" or lower or believe we are in for a slow slide down...think again.

The stage has been set with Cyprus being the warning shot to you fools who want to keep your fiat on deposit at the banks (yes or even on a Bitcoin exchange) for Bitcoin to usher in a new payment/currency paradigm. BE YOUR OWN CENTRAL BANK.

The genie is out of the bottle. Even if bitcoin dies (likely it won't any time soon), the idea of a cryptocurrency will live on and live strong.

For those of you who think you can game the system and the market by buying low and selling high, I will reiterate what Cypherdoc has said previously...the risk of selling to buy back in lower and have the market run away from you is too great.

Just look at all the fools who sold 10,000+ coins at $29, $30, $31, $34, $52, etc .... and each time having to buy back higher.

Yes we may see prices go side ways for a month (who knows)...but if you sold at $9 in October 2012 hoping to buy back lower, you would be still waiting 6 months and having to buy back in at 5-10 times higher prices at least.

Have fun praying to the bitcoin bear gods for lower prices (continually).  Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ichthyo

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:07:50 AM

Generally I concur.

But...

For those of you who think you can game the system and the market by buying low and selling high, I will reiterate what Cypherdoc has said previously...the risk of selling to buy back in lower and have the market run away from you is too great.

This seems a bit exaggerated, since you leave risk out of the picture.

Actually selling at $31 and buying back at $38 can be a clever move, given the often increased instability and thus high probability of a correction right after passing a psychological barrier. The maximal profit amount is not the most likely amount you'll make, at least when observing over a longer time span.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:14:43 AM

Generally I concur.

But...

This seems a bit exaggerated, since you leave risk out of the picture.

Actually selling at $31 and buying back at $38 can be a clever move, given the often increased instability and thus high probability of a correction right after passing a psychological barrier. The maximal profit amount is not the most likely amount you'll make, at least when observing over a longer time span.

So are you saying you want to sell to me now and buy back at a higher price?

Sounds good name your volume, price, and escrow. Thanks.

EDIT: The capital that I have in bitcoins is that of which I can afford to lose (i.e. profits only). So no risk here. Only upside in our current hyperinflationary monetary paradigm we are currently in.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:36:16 AM

I beg to differ a bit here--I personally don't sell at the dip, but whenever the price increases by a certain percentage, only a small percentage of my holding of course, something like 5%-10%. And it turns out that, bears never disappointed me one time, they always handed back their coins to me cheaper than I sold. Grin But I don't think this is going to work for quite a while--seeing how they fire sale nearly 1 million bitcoins at ridiculously low prices I think their wallets will remain empty for some time. Wink

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:05:35 AM

Just buy and hold for some time. Avoid the rush, and keep the blood pressure in check.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:00:41 AM

I beg to differ a bit here--I personally don't sell at the dip, but whenever the price increases by a certain percentage, only a small percentage of my holding of course, something like 5%-10%. And it turns out that, bears never disappointed me one time, they always handed back their coins to me cheaper than I sold. Grin But I don't think this is going to work for quite a while--seeing how they fire sale nearly 1 million bitcoins at ridiculously low prices I think their wallets will remain empty for some time. Wink

You clearly are not who I was referring to. I am talking about those who sell out of coins.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:10:31 AM

You clearly are not who I was referring to. I am talking about those who sell out of coins.

Ah right, then let's just say I tried to explain why those who thought they can game the system got no chance(seeing that you actually want to make a serious post this time Cheesy): there are many guys even more aggressive than me waiting for their coins--what happened yesterday.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: