Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:12:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bitcoin Exchange Co-founders Needed  (Read 1337 times)
rail233 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 04:27:49 AM

I'm looking for people with complimentary skills to co-found a new Bitcoin Exchange.

My skill set is largely technical oriented in the area of IT infrastructure and coding. I'm looking for other entrepreneurial people with skills in coding, web design, finance, advertising and public relations to share in this project. Like me, you should have a passion for all things Bitcoin and its future.

The company / cooperative would be responsible for building and managing a trusted, secure, reliable, resilient and scalable exchange.

If you're interested in becoming a part of this venture please PM me with your details (name, country, e-mail etc) and where you could fit into the team. Depending on the response I'll setup a forum or mailing list.

Cheers,
Bowdie

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paulie_w

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:24:42 AM

build it and they will come?
phathash

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:50:37 AM

This is a hard problem. I would imagine a competent exchange would require people with skills (as a minimum) in the following areas -

- legality
- security
- policy
- high frequency programming ("coding" is not enough)
- scalable infrastructure

Nova!

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:32:45 AM

Don't do an exchange you be asking for trouble.

Bah!  Don't listen to gweedo.  If you're going to start one though do make sure you know what the laws are in your country and take some time to familiarize yourself with the AML standards like "Know your customer".  Otherwise men in black suits will make you disappear.

Donate @ 1LE4D5ERPZ4tumNoYe5GMeB5p9CZ1xKb4V
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 07:54:43 AM

I'm looking for other entrepreneurial people with skills in coding, web design, finance, advertising and public relations to share in this project.

Requisite reading:

So you think you're going to start a Bitcoin business, right?
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124441.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Nova!

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:16:09 AM

Don't do an exchange you be asking for trouble.

Bah!  Don't listen to gweedo.  If you're going to start one though do make sure you know what the laws are in your country and take some time to familiarize yourself with the AML standards like "Know your customer".  Otherwise men in black suits will make you disappear.

There is AML standards, Licenses to move money around, Lawyers, so many things, it isn't worth the trouble, don't make it sound like it is an easy processes. By the way this is coming from someone that looked heavy into starting an exchange.

You mean it wasn't worth YOUR trouble.  That particular shortsighted mindset is why MtGox handles over 80% of the trading volume.  If the guy want's to start an exchange be honest about the risk factors but don't discourage him.  For all you know he could be in a country that doesn't care about those things.  For instance ummm, Somalia I think.  Also somewhere there is a Nigerian Assistant Deputy to the Assistant of the Minister of Finance, who has a large some of money that needs moved.

Donate @ 1LE4D5ERPZ4tumNoYe5GMeB5p9CZ1xKb4V
zakoliverz

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:29:15 AM

I'm looking for people with complimentary skills to co-found a new Bitcoin Exchange.

My skill set is largely technical oriented in the area of IT infrastructure and coding. I'm looking for other entrepreneurial people with skills in coding, web design, finance, advertising and public relations to share in this project. Like me, you should have a passion for all things Bitcoin and its future.

The company / cooperative would be responsible for building and managing a trusted, secure, reliable, resilient and scalable exchange.

If you're interested in becoming a part of this venture please PM me with your details (name, country, e-mail etc) and where you could fit into the team. Depending on the response I'll setup a forum or mailing list.

Cheers,
Bowdie

Are you IN need of Bitcoins Donation ?
rail233 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:04:49 PM

Are you IN need of Bitcoins Donation ?

Not at this stage, but thanks for the offer Smiley
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 10:19:09 PM

How much have you put into this idea, aside from the actual idea? I am a designer and I specialize in branding, graphic design, web design etc. I have been looking for a technical/programmer type for a project like this however I would need to feel secure in regards to the legal & security implementation. I don't want to work on the project that gets hacked and looses thousands of users currency lol.
rail233 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:19:51 AM

How much have you put into this idea, aside from the actual idea? I am a designer and I specialize in branding, graphic design, web design etc. I have been looking for a technical/programmer type for a project like this however I would need to feel secure in regards to the legal & security implementation. I don't want to work on the project that gets hacked and looses thousands of users currency lol.

The primary goals of this project are to build a highly secure and reliable exchange that can cope with the demands we have recently seen and beyond. I have high level designs which take these factors into account with a heavy emphasis on reducing the attack surface and scalability.

I've also considered a number of policies including the use of cold-storage of private keys and internal use of multi-signature addresses.

What features do you think would aid in building a great exchange?
Lemon

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 11:40:42 AM

Feel free to contact us in regards to ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176756.0 ) and we can bounce some ideas off of one another.

https://crypto.pm/ -- public cryptocurrency exchange currently in testing.

https://escrow.pm/ -- fee free automated escrow.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:43:21 AM

I'm looking for other entrepreneurial people with skills in coding, web design, finance, advertising and public relations to share in this project.

Requisite reading:

So you think you're going to start a Bitcoin business, right?
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124441.0

Really, read this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: