Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:15:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily use of bitcoin?  (Read 42391 times)
markyminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:30:34 PM

Transaction time and confirmations are one of the reasons why some merchants are still reluctant to accept Bitcoins, even if it takes only one confirmation.
But you can use Bitcoin debit card, you avoid transactions confirmation and have the full benefit of spending Bitcoins.
Yes, I agree but then, bitcoin totally one of the safest money paying method even in time vary for some delay yet, the security of users remain unlike those atms. Blockchain provide quite a good security unless someone tries to double spend.

yes no doubt about this but the conformation period some time produce problems. because some time you wait for the conformation but it takes hours, so if we want the smooth use of bitcoin on daily basis we need to solve the transaction period timing.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:51:24 PM

If you will go to the shop and will pay in front of the shop keeper then he will know that how much fees you have added and then he will give you the good without any waiting as he will know that the transaction will not cancel.
vennali
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:36:13 PM

Transaction time and confirmations are one of the reasons why some merchants are still reluctant to accept Bitcoins, even if it takes only one confirmation.
But you can use Bitcoin debit card, you avoid transactions confirmation and have the full benefit of spending Bitcoins.
Yes, I agree but then, bitcoin totally one of the safest money paying method even in time vary for some delay yet, the security of users remain unlike those atms. Blockchain provide quite a good security unless someone tries to double spend.

yes no doubt about this but the conformation period some time produce problems. because some time you wait for the conformation but it takes hours, so if we want the smooth use of bitcoin on daily basis we need to solve the transaction period timing.
I think the timing has gotten a lil better now. Sometimes in the past it used to take sometimes hours and the unconfirmed blocks used to pile up one after the other. Now it has been a lil more efficient and depending on the fees a lot more consistent timings. If some mainstream gets into BTC and makes an app which has unchangeable moderately high fees. Then I guess shopkeepers would be more interested in BTC in general. They can see that the money has been sent on the blockchain anyways.

fikihafana

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:50:03 PM

Hi friends,

As far as I know, bitcoin payments take a little time to approve. Will these approval times make it difficult to use bitcoin in our daily lives?
For example, I would get a coffee from Starbucks. Do I have to wait for approval to pay for what I have done for hours?

Some people said you need to add more transcation fee, so confirmation more faster than usual. But i still doubt about it
Zeatorius

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:03:26 AM

I'd personally like to see more interaction between large retailers and bitcoin currency so bitcoin can become more known to the public. I think eventually we'll start seeing mainstream adoption and that will boost all crypto-currencies value quite a lot.

ZRX supporter.
traderMax

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:11:52 AM

Even though bitcoin is not suitable for everyday use, it is very attractive for trading operations. Bitcoin prices have a very wavy structure. If we can use these price fluctuations wisely, we can make money. But we have to wait a little longer for daily use.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 12:43:19 AM

Now some merchants have received many bitcoin as a payment medium finances. even in some of our country very easily find stores that accept bitcoin.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 12:56:08 AM

tbh the 15min block time takes quite long for confirmation unlike eth where ghost protocol uses only few seconds.

Perhaps if theres something which made precisely for an industry, lets say Starbuck coins.
Where the blockchain platform uses have a block transaction time <5 second?

Bitcoin could always use for something else xd
Gembul

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:01:24 AM

Hi friends,

As far as I know, bitcoin payments take a little time to approve. Will these approval times make it difficult to use bitcoin in our daily lives?
For example, I would get a coffee from Starbucks. Do I have to wait for approval to pay for what I have done for hours?

I guess it was not a problem, I also had to buy credits. Though still in the 0 confirmation but was immediately sent to my number. Similarly with Starbuck I guess. But with the record we have to make the transaction with a reasonable fee. Thank you
cryptothinker

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:03:45 AM

Yeah, that's a serious problem. There are several proposals to solve this, such as segwit, flextrans, bigger blocks... but so far there is no consensus in the community regarding the best solution. This is probably one of the problems that is bringing insecurity to the users and preventing Bitcoin from rising in value.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
traderethereum

Activity: 2856
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 01:24:36 AM

Hi friends,

I guess it was not a problem, I also had to buy credits. Though still in the 0 confirmation but was immediately sent to my number. Similarly with Starbuck I guess. But with the record we have to make the transaction with a reasonable fee. Thank you

its good for you because although there is 0 confirmation, the credits is sent to your number so you can use the credits to buy coffee. i think while there is 0 confirmation, the transaction soon will be completed and we don't need to worried for this, maybe need hours to complete but the amount is still arrive in the wallets.
meemiinii

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:36:24 AM

yes. i heard it too.. i guess all you have to use is the ipayyou app. ahm, anyway.. i dont think you have to wait for it to be processed or wait foe total confirmation. i guess even just 1 confirmation will do.. another thing is that, for me, mybe its a bit struggle if we will use bitcpin in our daily lives. mybe  just a little more innovation for faster transaction will do or enough in order for us to fully use bitcoins in our daily lives.

████ ████ ████████████▄▄▄               
█  █ █  █ ██          ▀▀▀▀██▄▄         
████ ████ ██████████▄▄▄▄    ▀▀█▄       
██   ██           ▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄   ▀█▄     
██   ██  █████████▄▄▄    ▀▀█▄   ▀█▄   
██   ██  ██      ▀▀▀▀██▄▄   ▀█▄   █▌   
██   ██  ██            ▀▀█▄  ▀█▌   █▌ 
██   ██  ██   ██████▄▄    ██  ▐█    █ 
██   ██  ██   ██   ▀▀▀█▌   █▌  ▐▌   █▌
██   ██  ██   ██      ▐█   ▐█   █   ▐█
██   ██  ██   ██       █▌   █▌  █   ▐█▌
██   ██  ███████      ▐█   ▐█  ▐█   ▐█
██   ██              ▄█▌   █▌  █▌   █▌
██   ███████████████▀▀    ▄█  ██    █ 
██                      ▄█▀  ▄█    █▌ 
████████████████████████▀  ▄█▀    █▌   
▄▄▄▄                      ▄█▀    ▄█▀   
█  ██████████████████████▀▀    ▄█▀     
▀▀▀▀                        ▄▄█▀       
▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀           
█  ████████████████████▀▀               
▀▀▀▀                                   

JOIN OUR TOKEN SALE       

FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   GITHUB   ONE PAGER
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 02:18:08 AM

Hi friends,

Bitcoin right now is not very convenient for things that require confirmation in seconds or minutes but it is great for things you can wait 20 to 30 minutes, like buying something online.
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 02:28:27 AM

Hi friends,

Yeah sometimes Bitcoin transactions take a long time but im not sure if that take 1 hour or more.but as far as i know some of bitcoin online shop or starbucks approved the payment even though 0 confrimation
SONG GEET

Activity: 700

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:09:49 AM

Actually the confirmation time doesnt make it difficult for bitcoin to be used in daily life. If enough fee is included transaction will be confirmed  within 15 minute and there is also tools that can analyze transactions and merchants can use it to accept payments which dont have possibility of double spend.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:23:47 AM

How many members from here have opportunity to use bitcoins in daily life? Less then 50 %, less? I`m not one of them, for now using bitcoins in daily is privilege just for some people who live in big cities or in advanced countries. Bitcoin will not come in my town any time soon, first in capitol city (and far as I know except 2 atms there isnt anything else) and after few years maybe in my town. Only good thing about it that I will have time to collect some amount before it comes.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 04:59:09 AM

How many members from here have opportunity to use bitcoins in daily life? Less then 50 %, less? I`m not one of them, for now using bitcoins in daily is privilege just for some people who live in big cities or in advanced countries. Bitcoin will not come in my town any time soon, first in capitol city (and far as I know except 2 atms there isnt anything else) and after few years maybe in my town. Only good thing about it that I will have time to collect some amount before it comes.

Exactly, there is not even a single merchant in my town who accepts bitcoin at this moment so I have to convert my bitcoins in fiat in order to spend it. I don’t usually spend bitcoins daily but I usually pay my mobile, internet, DTH bills with bitcoin (fortunately I can do that with the services online). I am sure this picture will change in near future and we would be able spend bitcoins directly.

emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:17:59 AM

Exactly, there is not even a single merchant in my town who accepts bitcoin at this moment so I have to convert my bitcoins in fiat in order to spend it. I don’t usually spend bitcoins daily but I usually pay my mobile, internet, DTH bills with bitcoin (fortunately I can do that with the services online). I am sure this picture will change in near future and we would be able spend bitcoins directly.

Here in our country we can use bitcoin to buy stuff, Load, Hotel rent and game credits. We have application called coins.ph where you can use and store your bitcoin. In thus application we can use our bitcoin daily for our needs. And we can cash out bitcoin into cash anytime because of that application. Smiley
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:38:11 AM

Hi friends,

Time confirmation transaction it is one of many problem on bitcoins right now and it is fixing although still there are no solution about this problem, that is why bitcoins still not be used for transaction daily on global payment at least for right now, but many developers and corporations are making bitcoins usage more easy.
The point is bitcoins still not suitable be used for daily transaction because of long time confirmation transaction and a little high fees at least for today.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:53:33 AM

There really is no solution for the long confirmation times with Bitcoin. I guess we just have to wait until there is one, or maybe there never will be a solution.

Yeah that is what I use, but only when the website or shop doesn't accept Bitcoin. Most cards have pretty bad rates so you are losing money if you use them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: