Bitcoin Forum
December 18, 2017, 01:26:24 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10 on the PI  (Read 3061 times)
bandyleg

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:54:30 PM

Hey everyone,
So for the past couple of days ive been trying to get my PI up and running reliably with Minera, how ever it seems not to be the case devices are never seemingly detected and im no pro and after a lot of research gave up on it for today. I did how ever stumble upon windows 10 for the PI??? wondering if anyone has tried this and any opinions on it? Im currently in the middle of setting it so I will provide some feedback. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
R00TC0IN

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:03:02 PM

I have had a play with the stripped back version of 10 for the Pi

This is a good resource to have a look at if you are planning on building one.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/GetStarted.htm
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-set-up-windows-10-on-the-raspberry-pi/

the 2nd link is a fantastic guide to get you going.

I also think the panda miner runs on this type of software.

bandyleg

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:43:38 PM

Thanks for the links, im not sure its what im looking for as a miner but it im sure i will find out soon enough. If its something that is possible with my very limited skills im sure a pro could do this. It would be something that potentially changes the availability of mining. Running a simple app on a PI... almost as easy as using your smart phone, sounds to good but im pretty sure someone will jump on it soon enough.
R00TC0IN

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 11:15:24 PM

Thanks for the links, im not sure its what im looking for as a miner but it im sure i will find out soon enough. If its something that is possible with my very limited skills im sure a pro could do this. It would be something that potentially changes the availability of mining. Running a simple app on a PI... almost as easy as using your smart phone, sounds to good but im pretty sure someone will jump on it soon enough.

There wouldn't be much point using a RPI to mine bitcoin or even most alt coins now. most require GPU OR ASIC to make a profit.

You could in theory still run them to help support the network but to make profit I doubt its a viable option.

https://learn.adafruit.com/piminer-raspberry-pi-bitcoin-miner/initial-setup-and-assembly

Rootcoin
bandyleg

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 08:54:50 PM

There wouldn't be much point using a RPI to mine bitcoin or even most alt coins now. most require GPU OR ASIC to make a profit.

You could in theory still run them to help support the network but to make profit I doubt its a viable option.

https://learn.adafruit.com/piminer-raspberry-pi-bitcoin-miner/initial-setup-and-assembly

Rootcoin

Yeah sorry bad English I guess. I didn't mean it literally to mine I meant to use the PI for running windows l0T and then use CG miner or BFG miner or what ever other miners are out their now a days (Ive been out for a couple of years so still catching up) It would be much simpler to download an installer or run file and just click it to run VS teh current linux system that causes no end of troubles when updating and compiling. The issues with compiling for someone like me is I am soooo not a programmer and defo a script kiddie  Sad so I end up trawling the web looking for answers and solution's and so on. So it was more of hmmmmm I do wonder if this is something people are looking at.

Ive tried it but yesterday but at the moment their just isnt enough info out their for me to get it running.

Sam San

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 05:30:30 AM

The Windows look properly with the GPU, there is a sufficient number of programs for mining

INVESTY

WEB  ANN  TWITTER
  FACEBOOK WHITEPAPER PROTOTYPE

SPACE
sNovember 2017 Token Sale
New Era Of Decentralized Investments
Jenny Moll

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 06:22:45 AM

The Windows look properly with the GPU, there is a sufficient number of programs for mining
I also want to use WINDOWS10 to mine. I have never used a GPU or a CPU to mine.I do not know why GPU / CPU digging is dead.Is it because they use mining power, can not get back the cost?
Is it expensive because of electricity?

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:14:00 PM

Hey everyone,
So for the past couple of days ive been trying to get my PI up and running reliably with Minera, how ever it seems not to be the case devices are never seemingly detected and im no pro and after a lot of research gave up on it for today. I did how ever stumble upon windows 10 for the PI??? wondering if anyone has tried this and any opinions on it? Im currently in the middle of setting it so I will provide some feedback.  

win 10 on a pi might be worse if you expect it to be like win 10 on a PC ..... it's not and all most not the same as using Linux on a PI ...I stayed with Linux on PI's and use windows 10 on my non miner rigs .. i GPU mine and found Linux to be a lot more stable on a Linux box GPU mining then using windows 10 as a GPU miner/controller at first i didn't think so and use minera all the time for my Script miners or miners that need that kind of controller and i can use minera on them, some hardware miners don't allow the use of custom software or hardware controllers, so you have to use what they give you for the controller or software ....

it"s not dead ...  look up Monero (XMR) Zcasah ZEC or ETH with those coins it is far form dead for both CPU and GPU mining if you want to mine BTC or LTC, Dash direct it is... it depends what coin you want to mine, some coins it is dead mining with GPU or CPUs  other wise  it is very much a live and you can make a lot doing it if you mine for cash and profit ..  I mine for cash and fun it's a hobby for me ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.