Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:25:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer T9 Bitcoin Miner  (Read 38774 times)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:04:13 PM

Heh heh...
6 days after I paid for one of the latest T9's the tx just got confirmed this morning and Bitmain acknowledged it, changed order to valid/paid. Question is, any left to be shipped... ?
Wow,most tx take about 3-6 hrs for me.....Corp BTC miners are gettin greedy,with all the hashrate you'd think maybe 30 mins or less.........  Roll Eyes
Most are quite fast for me in a few hours as well. My prev longest was 2 days. Maybe Blockchain.info had a brain fart as a consolidation transfer I did about an hour after the Bitmain order also took the 6 days to confirm as well.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 10:15:32 AM

Heh heh...
6 days after I paid for one of the latest T9's the tx just got confirmed this morning and Bitmain acknowledged it, changed order to valid/paid. Question is, any left to be shipped... ?
Wow,most tx take about 3-6 hrs for me.....Corp BTC miners are gettin greedy,with all the hashrate you'd think maybe 30 mins or less.........  Roll Eyes
Most are quite fast for me in a few hours as well. My prev longest was 2 days. Maybe Blockchain.info had a brain fart as a consolidation transfer I did about an hour after the Bitmain order also took the 6 days to confirm as well.

2-3 hrs is not fast,I remember tx times of less than 20 minutes...not THAT long ago...methinks there is something to the "selective mining of transactions"  Sad

Nah,that's impossible........................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:24:55 AM

Anyone else notice mention of a "T9+" on Bitmain's "fix the exploit firmware" page?

I wonder if they're going to do a S5+ style "big" miner based on the T9....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:38:35 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2017, 07:07:47 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Quote from: fanatic26 on March 31, 2017, 04:25:43 PM
As part of my job I follow all complaints/critiques/opinions about miners and take it into account when purchasing. The T9 complaints I have seen all fall under the category of user error and not hardware error. If anyone has an actual issue with T9s please let us hear about it.

Quote from: remnokc on May 27, 2017, 03:49:58 PM
have had a *new* T9 that has been mining for only 8 days and two days ago one of the hash-boards shows no red light.

Quote from: NotFuzzyWarm on Today at 09:19:10 AM
AND...??  Roll Eyes
Still not working? Reboot fixed it? Fixed itself? Blew up killing the family cat? <insert other details here>
What a useless statement without details...

Plus of course there IS a T9-specific thread. Just usually far down because little to report in it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1755286.msg19168097#new

Quote from: remnokc on Today at 12:49:51 PM
Blew up scaring my Rottweiler, LOL -j/k-

well, still mining with it, still only 2/3 hash power, many reboots to no effect, not really set up to determine its power usage, am thinking of buying an S9 hashboard from the US sight mentioned
above (but over 500 dollars ?? Huh ?? )
https://bitmainwarranty.com/product-category/products/page/2/
Not sure if a s9 board will work in the T9, for 1 they are a different length. Be sure to ask them if it can be used.
I do see they also now carry spare T9 boards however. That what you meant? Wink

Bitmain Warranty of course does PAID repairs of hash boards and normally all they need is the board -- not the entire miner like the factory does. If you send the board in, ask about mining comp (equal to the boards hash rate) while they have the board.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
SMB-2525

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 10:52:49 PM

How loud is the T9 compared to the S3? Is a T9 a better choice for home mining than an R4?  It seems to be a little more trouble free than the S9 - or is that an illusion?  Will BITMAIN make any more of this family available. Any rumor on how close the next generation is? Also looking at the 741. But that is another thread.

I retired my S3s last year and got out of mining for a while. Now I am considering investing some of my BTC in a new mining rig. I'm in a 2 bedroom apartment with electricity included and I have a 20 amp circuit I can put a miner on. Not going to quit my day job, but my little pile of BTC from my last effort looks pretty darn good now.

TIA
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:09:44 AM

To answer your question, ONLY the R4 is on par with an s3 regarding noise.
ALL other modern miners such as the Avalons, Ebang, and Hotmine are LOUD. And NO they cannot be changed to make quiet.

SMB-2525

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:47:24 AM

To answer your question, ONLY the R4 is on par with an s3 regarding noise.
ALL other modern miners such as the Avalons, Ebang, and Hotmine are LOUD. And NO they cannot be changed to make quiet.
Thank you. I'll have to think carefully about a loud miner.  Those S3s were so wonderful.
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:37:41 AM

So far S9s were great, some boards need maintenance sometimes, but it's worth it.
I ordered couple T9-s, the new shipping policy makes it damn hard to somehow overcome double shipping taxes with whole unit and I will discuss it later.
One of my T9-s sometimes drops to 8Th which means one of the board is malfunctioning, after restarting the miner it reaches it's maximum, but I have to do it daily. what is the caus of this and is there a chance that I can check/repair the miner myself? IN case of S9 I just have to take the board send to Bitmain and get it back, but in case of T9 sending whole unit costs me roughly one month income of it, so every time one board is damaged on T9 I'm loosing month of profit + the time it needs to ship it to China and back. (The only way to send them from Republic of Georgia to China with EMS costs about 300$ when one board is only 50$, DHL/UPS charges three times more)
gbBit

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:59:00 PM

I was wondering how everyone else's T9 are doing?  I have 4 and they were all working great until about 2 weeks ago when an IO board on one of them went out.  Bitmain didn't reply to any of my support request until yesterday which was by surprise 181 days after shipping!  Anyhow I asked if I can buy a new board off of them as I figured it would be faster than going through warranty anyhow and they said they're out of stock and will let me know when they'll come back into stock.  Does anybody have a T9 which they're selling parts out of?  If so I'll be willing to buy your IO board from you.
tbonetony

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:19:39 PM

I was wondering how everyone else's T9 are doing?  I have 4 and they were all working great until about 2 weeks ago when an IO board on one of them went out.  Bitmain didn't reply to any of my support request until yesterday which was by surprise 181 days after shipping!  Anyhow I asked if I can buy a new board off of them as I figured it would be faster than going through warranty anyhow and they said they're out of stock and will let me know when they'll come back into stock.  Does anybody have a T9 which they're selling parts out of?  If so I'll be willing to buy your IO board from you.
How did you ensure it was IO board issues? I have 5 T9's that were running fine just until the recent 2 months. they seemed to be up with power but there's nothing connecting on the pool side.

Customizable full-featured crypto trading platform in development. Asking for demo if interested.

I offer private S9 rental for various length: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1708351.0
gbBit

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:33:36 PM

My miners are hosted and the below is the message they sent.  They were nice enough to loan me a S9 IO board, but it's only able to hash 2 of the 3 of the boards and I'm sure they'll want their IO board back sooner or later.

After testing different quite a lot of different issues, I've concluded that your IO board is defective. I've tested the following:
Factory reset
New power supply
Tried to remove one or more hashboards
Used an S9 IO boards and found all hashboards are working
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 03:05:57 PM

I was wondering how everyone else's T9 are doing?  I have 4 and they were all working great until about 2 weeks ago when an IO board on one of them went out.  Bitmain didn't reply to any of my support request until yesterday which was by surprise 181 days after shipping!  Anyhow I asked if I can buy a new board off of them as I figured it would be faster than going through warranty anyhow and they said they're out of stock and will let me know when they'll come back into stock.  Does anybody have a T9 which they're selling parts out of?  If so I'll be willing to buy your IO board from you.

Technically, because you reported the fault before 180 days, you should still have the right for warranty.
You have no influence for they to answer late, so it is only right that you get your warranty repair.

AndyM456

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:00:57 AM

Any one seen hash rates displayed like below? Miner still appears to be hashing at it's intended rate, the pool shows the same - I'm just concerned as it looks a little odd and none of my other T9's display like this.

https://i.imgur.com/Bfcz9JZ.png

One of my T9s does the same. Been like this for a few months now but hashes fine and temps are fine so I have left it alone.
willkur

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:10:01 PM

Hi all. I am a newbie here as well as to Bitcoin world. So my question might sound stupid... anyway, I've heard that when the new Antminer comes, the old ones are not working to their full effect, or mining not as profitable as they were previously. So for example, we have now antminer S9 which let's is making a 100$ profit per month, when T9 will come would be S9 less effective just only because there is a new machine out there? So any ideas? Sorry for my bad English. Thanks in advance!!!
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:16:17 PM

Hi all. I am a newbie here as well as to Bitcoin world. So my question might sound stupid... anyway, I've heard that when the new Antminer comes, the old ones are not working to their full effect, or mining not as profitable as they were previously. So for example, we have now antminer S9 which let's is making a 100$ profit per month, when T9 will come would be S9 less effective just only because there is a new machine out there? So any ideas? Sorry for my bad English. Thanks in advance!!!
If and when a new batch is released, the network hashrate increases due to miners turning on and hashing away, decreasing block times and increasing difficulty. It’s not just a new miner coming out by itself that profitability begins to instantly decrease but more a matter of difficulty too.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 02:16:49 PM

The S9 and T9 are brothers. Same basic design, same chips. Only difference is that the T9 was built better and runs at a higher chip voltage - that makes the T9 less power efficient but also make it more stable. It has been over 1 year since Bitmain made (very few) T9 and I doubt they will ever make more.

krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:01:17 AM

Man bitmain really knows how to go for the jugular. Pangolin releases their miners at a flop price of $2350 to ship out in 7 days and its just sitting on their site. Now bitmain sends an email that they are releasing T9+ tonight with a 10 day shipment window. Any speculation on price here?

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
Mattithyahu
Copper Member

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:41:06 AM

If it is priced around 1200 usd, I will buy, but if it is much more than that, I will probably pass.
krisgt30

Activity: 461
Merit: 306

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:43:38 AM

With the limit of 2 per person I have as feeling this will be a good price. But I could be wrong...

www.bcmonster.com Multi pool, pools for BTC, BCA, LCC, KMD, HUSH and ZEN -Donate:1QGZQBhXMo2jVc45wLEsp2bn5agF8SZSuY
Yrth

Activity: 123
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:46:02 AM

Man bitmain really knows how to go for the jugular. Pangolin releases their miners at a flop price of $2350 to ship out in 7 days and its just sitting on their site. Now bitmain sends an email that they are releasing T9+ tonight with a 10 day shipment window. Any speculation on price here?
I hope it's better than 24900 Yuan price that they had it for on the Chinese site. At almost $4000, there's no way I would buy one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: