Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:09:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference of Trading and Investing?  (Read 29404 times)
yanazeke

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:31:06 AM

Investing and trading are two different methods of attempting to profit. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks and  other investment instruments. Trading, on the other hand, involves the more frequent buying and selling of stock, commodities, currency pairs or other instruments, with the goal of generating returns that outperform buy-and-hold investing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:28:24 AM

Investing and trading are two different methods of attempting to profit. The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks and  other investment instruments. Trading, on the other hand, involves the more frequent buying and selling of stock, commodities, currency pairs or other instruments, with the goal of generating returns that outperform buy-and-hold investing.
Trading could be short term investment or it could be long term investment as well. Investment is very long term trade.  It is the frequency that matters and difference between investment and trading. Investment when done in something it is expected to have lock in period of at least five year or more. In certain situation this period is less as well. Investments done via mutual funds check and review their investment decision on yearly or bi-yearly basis. Based on the market mutual fund operator decides further action plan.
Trading is high frequency activity for which dedicate time is required. It is kind of full time job. For some invest two to three hours on trading on daily basis. Trading requires keen eye on the market movement, quick to respond ability.
Overall who have time and knack for picking up correct buy and sell order should seriously think about the trading.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:02:48 AM

okay..in trading you are actually selling goods like example a national book store..they are selling books,papers,bond papers,pencils,ball pens etc..unlike investing its different like example..if you have a house and lot ..you let people rent on your house and lot ..or if you have a commercial building you let people lease for spaces for their business..so just like that Kiss Smiley
You have nicely explained the difference between trading and investing. Trading basically involves buying and selling of goods especially in market. We all trade in market by giving sellers money and buying products from them whereas in investing you don’t enjoy the fruit on the spot. You need to wait for getting your desired results such as investing into bitcoin does not produce profit within a second.
Alalex

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:05:51 AM

the difference that most trades mainly through active business is therefore not very dependent If we take Bitcoin as an example, you can buy some and then wait until the price goes up, but may not go up, or go up too little for your target value. Trade, on the other hand, allows you to remove at least some external factors that affect your profitability, although this is by no means a factor.

Yankeestyle

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:27:53 AM

As for me, investing is something you hope that would appreciate  its value in the long run. It doesnt  need much of a technical analysis. When you invest, you research what would be its plan in the future and how feasible is its plan to survive in the market against its competitors. Instead of cutting loss if the value goes down, you usually top up your investment. Investing is not only for cryptos, it may be paper assets, golds and real states. Trading on the other hand, requires more attention and analysis. There are many approach in trading like day trading and swing trading.Technical  and fundamental analysis will be a big factor in trading as it would dictate when to buy and when to exit. You do trading in a short span of time,it would take days to weeks into months. It doesnt have a specific time frame. Before entering in this market, assess yourself first if you are a trader ir an investor. Know where your taste fits.
With respect to me, contributing is something you trust that would value its incentive over the long haul. It doesnt require a lot of a specialized investigation. When you contribute, you look into what might be its arrangement later on and how possible is its intend to make due in the market against its rivals. Rather than cutting misfortune if the esteem goes down, you generally top up your venture.
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:19:17 AM

Guys sorry for this question above but I would like to ask here that

What is the difference of Trading to Investing?

though I know that I can search it in google but I want an answer from those people who have already experienced this two.
Thank you.

I hope you can help me in my confusion..

I haven't experience with trading or some of investing yet..But as far as I can read more about to trade and investing is a difference. Trading is more about on the transaction of businesses from bitcoin.And its related to buy and selling of goods in the market.They actually on trading that can help for them to get some a lot to invest.
cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:42:58 AM

I would roughly say, investing is passive and trading is active. Though in both cases you should always be cautious and watch the market, still investing requiers less actions
Yankeestyle

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:14:20 AM

As for me, investing is something you hope that would appreciate  its value in the long run. It doesnt  need much of a technical analysis. When you invest, you research what would be its plan in the future and how feasible is its plan to survive in the market against its competitors. Instead of cutting loss if the value goes down, you usually top up your investment. Investing is not only for cryptos, it may be paper assets, golds and real states. Trading on the other hand, requires more attention and analysis. There are many approach in trading like day trading and swing trading.Technical  and fundamental analysis will be a big factor in trading as it would dictate when to buy and when to exit. You do trading in a short span of time,it would take days to weeks into months. It doesnt have a specific time frame. Before entering in this market, assess yourself first if you are a trader ir an investor. Know where your taste fits.
Concerning me, contributing is something you trust that would value its incentive over the long haul. It doesnt require quite a bit of a specialized examination. When you contribute, you look into what might be its arrangement later on and how doable is its intend to get by in the market against its rivals.
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:57:47 PM

Of course trading and investing are 2 different things, trading is active selling and buying during feeling gain profit while investing is buy and hold for a certain time, I think it depends on our courage, if we want to profit faster course trading is a good choice than investing.
There is no way that we can deny this fact that trading is far more profitable than that of investing but on the other hand, trading is far more risky as well. There is a huge difference in between trading and investing of money.

Investing can be termed as outing your money into some kind of business while trading is just like buying and selling of different kind of things.
VeroBTC

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:03:45 PM

investing, like hope to something. you put your money on some company and you think that company will success on future. so you hope if you put money on that company you will get profit.
trading, all risk is yours. profit and loss is yours. not depend on other people or company.
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:08:50 PM

For me trading is more active, picking a buy point and a sell point which are both within the near future and picking up on trends whereas investing is simply picking something you expect to increase in the long term and holding it. They are much the same but slightly different.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Javathon

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:10:47 PM

Investing requires more time in order to obtain a profit. It is putting your money on a project with the goal of earning a profit in a certain period of time. On the other hand, trading is taking advantage of the volatility of the price in order to gain profit. Both are risky but with greater knowledge and patience, you can earn great profits on both.
bristlefront

Activity: 225

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:30:37 PM

Trading is when you use your money to gain more profit by buying and selling. Investing is when you trust your money to a corporation and wait for a certain time to gain profit. Both have risk the risk differs in investing when you get scammed and in trading when you loss profit in selling.

mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 01:37:23 PM

though I know that I can search it in google but I want an answer from those people who have already experienced this two.
Thank you.

Well, for me, the difference between trading and investing is their goals. The goal of trading is basically is just to earn profit and to maintain your money while doing some transactions to other traders. On the other hand, the goal of investing is just to earn profit by means of time, the longer you wait, the bigger your profit will be(it could take you a year or even a decade)In a nutshell, trading needs time, hardwork, management, and for some occasion they also need patience. While investing just needs patience, nothing more.                                                   

Wexnident

Activity: 2478
Merit: 627

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:04:16 PM

Thank you.

I'm not sure but I think investing is directly buying something while in trading, you will it is more of indirect meaning, you will be first moved into other thing before engaging to another "thing". An example is in Bitcoin, you may directly buy it and that's already investing while in trading you may first have other coin to trade and to acquire Biytcoin. Hope you'll get my point.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:05:29 PM

Thank you.

Okay maybe i will try to answer your question.
1. Trading
Trading is trade some of your item to other items and you are looking profit from the action. In this case, you are trying to trade your money to some amount of bitcoin, and then when the price of bitcoin rises, you sell it, that way you can make profit of it. You can alternate your trading with other things too like altcoins or other currency beside your country currency. Trading requires a lot of knowledge and capability to read the market. You need a lot of time to make a great profit from it, because the price in the market always change at any time so you need to make sure you are trading in the right time.
2. Investing
Investing is like giving and trusting your money into someone to something, and usually in a long time period, and hoping the investing goes well and the amount of your money can grow. It is almost the same like trading, but in investing it is more for a long period time. For example, u are buying some precious things like gold, bitcoin, house, or other things that its price can be rising as the time flows. So when the price is high enough to make a desire-able profit for you, you sell it to someone.

Basically, this 2 things have a common things, it is a buy and sell action when the time is right for you, that is what i think about trading and investing.
vasilischoutas

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:11:59 PM

Trading is better than investing cause i don't trust some fucking stupid asshole who want to gather our assets through HYIP.
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:11:22 PM

Of course trading and investing are 2 different things, trading is active selling and buying during feeling gain profit while investing is buy and hold for a certain time, I think it depends on our courage, if we want to profit faster course trading is a good choice than investing.
There is no way that we can deny this fact that trading is far more profitable than that of investing but on the other hand, trading is far more risky as well. There is a huge difference in between trading and investing of money.

Investing can be termed as outing your money into some kind of business while trading is just like buying and selling of different kind of things.
Trading and investing all give you the opportunity make a huge profitable, however, you need to be smart investor or trader to make good profits from these forms. Trading just different investing about time take profit, almost traders have not fixed time to buy/sell, unlike investor have time and target to sell (fixed, never change).
Yooshijin

Activity: 138

Powering Real Economy in the gaming world

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 04:27:58 PM

I think trading is for short time only while investing is for long term.

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube
quovadiz

Activity: 253

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:52:17 PM

okay..in trading you are actually selling goods like example a national book store..they are selling books,papers,bond papers,pencils,ball pens etc..unlike investing its different like example..if you have a house and lot ..you let people rent on your house and lot ..or if you have a commercial building you let people lease for spaces for their business..so just like that Kiss Smiley
Yes I know you are right but there is huge difference between trading and investment, and I am going to explain it simply that invest in something like when a person buy something with the hope that the price of this thing will increases in future while trading is to buy and sell something but it will profitable and also not.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: