Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:29:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the Politics & Society section so anti-Semitic?  (Read 3314 times)
John Self (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:02:39 PM

And why doesn't the forum appoint a moderator to shut down the obviously racist threads?

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:07:23 PM

There are basically only two racists on this forum.

Antibanker and Mystery Miner.

And for shutting down their threads;

I disapprove of what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

Free speech man.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 12:13:25 PM

I banned antibanker yesterday if that's who you're talking about. His posting was far too off topic in nearly every thread he posted in. This is bitcointalk, not jewtalk.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
John Self (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:17:39 PM

I disapprove of what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Voltaire

Free speech man.

Free speech doesn't come into it, this forum at least maintains the pretence of being better moderated than 4chan. What do you think would happen if literally half the threads in the mining forums were by a butterfly labs employee talking about their new rigs? They would be forced to merge threads or get banned, nobody would be allowed to spam any other section in this way.

Why does this forum allow two crazy racists to dominate the politics and society section?

John Self (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:19:42 PM

I banned antibanker yesterday if that's who you're talking about. His posting was far too off topic in nearly every thread he posted in. This is bitcointalk, not jewtalk.

I see, I didn't notice him being banned. Nice to know someone is keeping an eye on the problem.

OP is satisfied.  Smiley

Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:20:43 PM

Voltaire

Free speech man.

Free speech doesn't come into it, this forum at least maintains the pretence of being better moderated than 4chan. What do you think would happen if literally half the threads in the mining forums were by a butterfly labs employee talking about their new rigs? They would be forced to merge threads or get banned, nobody would be allowed to spam any other section in this way.

Why does this forum allow two crazy racists to dominate the politics and society section?

Just checked the politcs & society Board. Yes you are right. I wasn't aware that antibanker made so many threads.

This can be counted as spamming, which is a different thing.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
John Self (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:22:57 PM

Voltaire

Free speech man.

Just checked the politcs & society Board. Yes you are right. I wasn't aware that antibanker made so many threads.

This can be counted as spamming, which is a different thing.

My bad for not mentioning that it was just a few thread starters.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:30:02 PM

Ummm... Did you know theymos has moved antibanker's posts to jew.bitcointalk.org with a bunch of weird metal eagle pictures and animated gifs of jews (with horns...) taking gas showers.

wtf is that?!
John Self (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:33:53 PM

Ummm... Did you know theymos has moved antibanker's posts to jew.bitcointalk.org with a bunch of weird metal eagle pictures and animated gifs of jews (with horns...) taking gas showers.

wtf is that?!

That would be pretty funny (the moving his posts part). I would suggest NSDAP.bitcointalk.org instead.

John Self (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:48:23 PM

I just learned a Russia Today reporter promotes bitcoin, which answers the title question IMO.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:13:23 PM

wtf is that?!

I'll admit it, I clicked.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:47:11 PM

Politics and Society is mostly self-policed. Assholes get shouted down pretty quickly.

Doesn't stop them from making new posts, but it makes the actual opinion of the forum clear to anyone who actually clicks the threads.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:15:43 PM

I'm surprised he didn't leave earlier.  He was pretty much put in his place day one.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 12:38:08 AM

He's baaaaa-aaack....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=98842

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 12:42:18 AM

And why doesn't the forum appoint a moderator to shut down the obviously racist threads?

we would need a clear definition of anticematism first. I recognize that a disproportionate number of the down right nastiest people on the planet are jews. But i would never judge someone just for being jewish, i would never deny someone an opportunity because they are jewish, i would never treat someone unfairly just because they are jewish. Am i an antisemite? some would say yes some would say no, what do you think?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 12:43:49 AM

we would need a clear definition of anticematism first. I recognize that a disproportionate number of the down right nastiest people on the planet are jews. But i would never judge someone just for being jewish, i would never deny someone an opportunity because they are jewish, i would never treat someone unfairly just because they are jewish. Am i an antisemite? some would say yes some would say no, what do you think?

You're only an anti-Semite if you're outward against Jews.  If you're internally against Jews, and nobody ever knows about it, nobody could say you were.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 12:52:59 AM

Clearly no. Antisemitism is racism, specifically against Jews. You are capable of separating the actions of the few from the ethnic characteristics they share with the many. Racism is the lack of that ability.

vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 12:53:31 AM

You're only an anti-Semite if you're outward against Jews.  If you're internally against Jews, and nobody ever knows about it, nobody could say you were.

Antisemitism is basically "racism against Jews". Being anti Israel doesn't equal antisemitism.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:17:24 AM

You're only an anti-Semite if you're outward against Jews.  If you're internally against Jews, and nobody ever knows about it, nobody could say you were.

Antisemitism is basically "racism against Jews". Being anti Israel doesn't equal antisemitism.

Maybe, but Israel =/= the Jewish religion, just like being anti-Christian doesn't necessarily mean you hate America and the UK.

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:45:21 AM

I never understood why people are racists, hating jews or any other group for that matter. First off, in any group there will be assholes and angels, although sometimes an ethnic and/or religious group may have certain traits that I do not approve of much, but I don't hate them. I may think they're totally whack though, but I don't see that as hating. Hate is a strong word.

Also, when it comes to racism - I wonder if racists lack intellect. If they would be able to look at it from the outside:

1. Hating is not going to make you a better person, or make you feel better about your life.
2. What if the anger and hate was directed towards you from someone else, let's say someone not liking a jew had people hating him because he was an Italian. Would that be fun ? People hating on you, just because your parents are jewish, british, indian or whatever ?

Racism doesn't make sense, and often one can see it is very hard to do a civilized and calm debate with a person with a lot of hate within. Often those doesn't have peace, and the outward hate reflects on their personality. So, in reality they would rather have to work on their internal issues.

Perhaps this is relevant: http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/right-wing-extremism-the-village-where-the-neo-nazis-rule-a-737471.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: