Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 11:23:34 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN Antminer T9 (New Release) - Not worth it.  (Read 4953 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Zabercoin – An Asset Backed Cryptocurrency

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 08:09:44 AM

Well, some might've noticed that BITMAIN announced a new product a few hours ago, the Antminer T9. It's basically a S9 but 40% less inefficient and slightly cheaper.

The 11.5Th/s model is available on their site now.

Why did they make this so less inefficient? I think it's like 0.145J/GHs versus 0.1 for the S9...

Then again, BTC skyrocketed back today so maybe it's worth it?

id take a few if i could afford them so quick math on my part

10x t9 - 115 th = per Month   2.61254128 BTC   $2347.00 ( at current pricing and diff )
 317$ per month power cost on all 10 = $2030 monthly income

so figure depending on what diff does i could roi and start making money on them in about 6-6.5 months ( less if the price were to spike and stay up ) and id be able to run them for quite a while as long as they are reliable
im still turning a profit with .5w/gh gear

my problem is no money lol

so you pay $1 every day for a single T9 that consume 36kwh per day(1500 watt per hour), you electricity is at worst 3 cent or nearly free?

but tdon't forget that with high consumption you need to spend more on cooling/psu, therefore their final cost will be higher

THE FUTURE OF
REAL ESTATE

║║
║║
║║
▬▬ ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ▬▬

║║
║║
║║
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lazypolarbears

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 08:14:39 AM

Well it did sell out quick (a lot faster than the R4's) in a matter of hours.... some people must have dirt cheap electricity. Then again, why wouldn't you bought the R4's instead? They were sitting for days cuz BITMAIN only takes BTC as payment now (smart move on their part... drove up the BTC prices) while the T9 sold out in a few hours.
QuintLeo

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 09:32:37 PM

so you pay $1 every day for a single T9 that consume 36kwh per day(1500 watt per hour), you electricity is at worst 3 cent or nearly free?

Sounds right, I'm a bit under 4.5 and I figure $1 per day per KW of consumption as a rough approximation.

3c/kwh IS achieveable in the US after all - among other places.

Colohub

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 04:47:59 PM

You guys really need to stop evaluating these miners for home use. They are 100% meant for datacenters. Reliability is so much more important than efficiency on a large deployment of systems. With S9s averaging 30% or more with issues for most larger deployments I know of the T9 is a welcome sight. S9 is more efficient but if you include the cost of maintenance, repair, and the downtime involved the T9 will be a vastly superior miner in the long run if they are stable and trouble free.

And you need to realize that many offices use a space heater.  And the r4 is perfect for that.

I could show you ten places that use space heaters in the winter and in the summer.

Say what?   Yeah the buildings have cold spots in the summer due to uneven ac.

And they have cold spots in the winter due to uneven heat.

So instead of a delonghi space heater using 1000 watts and wasting power the r4 is a perfect miner.

I ordered a second r4. To go in an office that uses space heaters.

Power cost is 3 cents in the summer and 2 cents in the winter.

I have been mining in this office for years.

I had s-1 s-3 s-7 under clock. S-7ln s-9 under clock old firmware and now r4.

Yeah. The cap is 2x 120 volt circuits and needs to be quiet.

So. I will always be looking for the best miner  for this spot and it is the r4 at the moment.

I will use 1600- 1700 watts and mine 16th
I agree, the R4 is very efficient "multi purpose" miner. Yesterday we put a 7.5TH/s R4 in our Security Guards Office. No more 1500 Watt space heater! The great thing about it is that they are super quiet! the space heater made more noise than the R4 does!

www.btcmeqc.com powered by Colohub Data Center
zombijs

Activity: 85

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 05:17:35 PM

Nice heater
fanatic26

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 02:41:33 AM

So you replace a $50 heater that will run for years with an $1100 heater that will most likely break down in the first 60 days. Interesting strategy.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
gpcito

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:47:41 PM

Well, some might've noticed that BITMAIN announced a new product a few hours ago, the Antminer T9. It's basically a S9 but 40% less inefficient and slightly cheaper.

The 11.5Th/s model is available on their site now.

Why did they make this so less inefficient? I think it's like 0.145J/GHs versus 0.1 for the S9...

Then again, BTC skyrocketed back today so maybe it's worth it?

id take a few if i could afford them so quick math on my part

10x t9 - 115 th = per Month   2.61254128 BTC   $2347.00 ( at current pricing and diff )
 317$ per month power cost on all 10 = $2030 monthly income

so figure depending on what diff does i could roi and start making money on them in about 6-6.5 months ( less if the price were to spike and stay up ) and id be able to run them for quite a while as long as they are reliable
im still turning a profit with .5w/gh gear

my problem is no money lol

Wow you electrical cost must be dead low.... I'm at $.21/kWH (@home) and free (@college dorm). But no way am I mining S9's or T9's in a dorm again. R4's only].

its is very low , i have everything i need to be a big miner , 3/4 mw of power , the cooling capacity , super cheap power , just no money to expand my farm much more.
i actually do better buying older second hand hardware like s7's then new stuff , but if i had the money to buy id pick up some s9 or t9's instead just for the density

also if i bought new stuff my current hardware would help pay off the new stuff so id actually roi pretty quickly

at 21c kwh u must be in cali or one of the big citys?

Jstew, if your electricity cost is so low I have a beneficial proposition for you contact me at: copy9er@yahoo.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.