Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:24:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I install bitcoin wallet api for dice site  (Read 1674 times)
Bitexchange24 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:28:15 AM

How can I install bitcoin wallet api for dice site ? Need help from expert, any video or tutorial ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 04:20:00 AM

Wallet APIs are not installed, they are developed with. You need to build your solution. If you're looking for a turn-key solution like installing a BB forum you're going to get robbed. I'm going to self promote here: I wrote a book about getting started with bitcoin development, the final project is a simple game using bitcoind. If you're looking to learn this stuff, you should check it out.

moonpie45

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:20:55 AM

If I am anticipating what you are planning on doing correctly, then you are planning on using a block explorer API to monitor for deposits from your customers. If my assumption is correct, then I would strongly recommend that you not do this as using a block explorer to automatically check for deposits is going to increase your risk of getting robbed (in different ways that the person above you was warning you against -- you are at risk that someone will trick the block explorer you are using into thinking that you have received btc that you have not actually received).

If you are planning on starting a bitcoin dice site, then I would suggest that you run a full node to handle your deposits.
Bitexchange24 (OP)

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 03:50:53 AM

If I am anticipating what you are planning on doing correctly, then you are planning on using a block explorer API to monitor for deposits from your customers. If my assumption is correct, then I would strongly recommend that you not do this as using a block explorer to automatically check for deposits is going to increase your risk of getting robbed (in different ways that the person above you was warning you against -- you are at risk that someone will trick the block explorer you are using into thinking that you have received btc that you have not actually received).

If you are planning on starting a bitcoin dice site, then I would suggest that you run a full node to handle your deposits.

How can I run run a full node ?
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2017, 05:07:05 AM

How can I install bitcoin wallet api for dice site ? Need help from expert, any video or tutorial ?

Hi there,

So, in short, you need to install bitcoind on your system with a local copy of the blockchain. Check out this site:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin

Installing bitcoin on linux:
https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node#linux-instructions

Install Bitcoin on windows:
https://bitcoin.org/en/full-node#windows-instructions

Running bitcoind:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoind

You need to configure bitcoin to run in server mode, so in short, modify bitcoin.conf:

Code:
server=1
rpcbind= (local ip address of the server bitcoind is on)
rpcallowip= (ipaddress of the web server where your dice script is located)
rpcport=8332 (i suggest changing this to a different port number)

If you don't have wallet code for your dice script, ask your developer where you enter in the wallet information.  You should really, really, really learn to code before running a dice site. You have no idea what backdoors may exist in the database or wallet functions. Installer beware.

Also, don't forgot to firewall the ports for your wallet, you don't want any inbound connections to the rpcport from the internet, at all. Also, make sure you don't allow any ports other than 443 to your webserver. If you're doing ssh to your server, make sure you only allow your ip address to connect to it and you should only allow connections with a certificate as well, plain old ssh is going to get you into trouble.

Good luck Smiley
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 07:16:45 PM

May be better if you use an API like blockr API, or, as said cloverme, run your own node and query it using JSON.
Once you have a bitcoin core running (bitcoin core, node, daemon, all the same) then just send JSON requests using either PHP or JavaScript, if you use PHP you should install php-curl, if you use JavaScript, maybe Ajax requests are the solution, but it depends, on everyone's likehood.
Then, you can add some scripts who will process bitcoins for account management, for example you can set a "walletnotify" in bitcoin.conf, who will notify a .sh script, who will trigger a .php script, who will order the required changes in both database and full node, or only full node, it is as you like, but i think that you will need a database.
It is easy to think about, but can be tricky when you want to do it.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 01:00:27 AM

make sure that you install ssl on your site, most of the api's need it or they will not connect
FedaykinLives

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 05:57:06 AM

Here a few years back I was single for about a year, which I used as a great excuse to not leave my computer chair (or bedroom) for a long time. I learned a lot, extremely quickly, and became involved in coin development, pool software development and administration, and I had a few betting games going for some of my favorite coins. The dice game I ran was seriously awesome, and, no, it isn't one of those crappy "coinwheel" scripts that's been passed around here for years. It is a node.js app, fairly difficult to get set up (evem more so now because it will need an old version of node and lots of trial and error getting all the packages right). It'll work with damn near any coin that behaves like any 'coind should, you can customize transaction fees (to prevent attacks where douchebags keep depositing and withdrawing to bankrupt the house, you can customize the house edge, users can create accounts, there's a chatroom, a betbot, and plenty of betting and play options, such as increasing the odds of winning while lowering payouts. Best of all, it runs fully on an "investment" system to keep the house pot fat, meaning anyone can invest and earn some of that house edge(and withdraw anytime they wish).. From an administration standpoint, it's super easy to maintain. Keep a process monitor on it to relaunch the main process if it goes down(do that with your wallet and database too), and its easy to get into the database for account recovery or pruning and whatnot. I used to run another game which was a clone of satoshibuttons (check it out, funl and was a decent little earner as well.. Icve been out of the crypto game a while, been waiting for some opportunity to come back and do....something.  I'd be happy to help you get everything up and running, and teach you all the finer points, and I work pretty cheap. Once you get the hang of it all you'll be able to spawn new games as fast as new coins can come out! PM me if you want someone to help you do it right, I really do work cheap.
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 11:32:07 PM

Use bitgo, they offer a proper, strong api, excellent support and multiple SDK.

And hey, it's free.
jonathan555

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:40:43 PM

Here a few years back I was single for about a year, which I used as a great excuse to not leave my computer chair (or bedroom) for a long time. I learned a lot, extremely quickly, and became involved in coin development, pool software development and administration, and I had a few betting games going for some of my favorite coins. The dice game I ran was seriously awesome, and, no, it isn't one of those crappy "coinwheel" scripts that's been passed around here for years. It is a node.js app, fairly difficult to get set up (evem more so now because it will need an old version of node and lots of trial and error getting all the packages right). It'll work with damn near any coin that behaves like any 'coind should, you can customize transaction fees (to prevent attacks where douchebags keep depositing and withdrawing to bankrupt the house, you can customize the house edge, users can create accounts, there's a chatroom, a betbot, and plenty of betting and play options, such as increasing the odds of winning while lowering payouts. Best of all, it runs fully on an "investment" system to keep the house pot fat, meaning anyone can invest and earn some of that house edge(and withdraw anytime they wish).. From an administration standpoint, it's super easy to maintain. Keep a process monitor on it to relaunch the main process if it goes down(do that with your wallet and database too), and its easy to get into the database for account recovery or pruning and whatnot. I used to run another game which was a clone of satoshibuttons (check it out, funl and was a decent little earner as well.. Icve been out of the crypto game a while, been waiting for some opportunity to come back and do....something.  I'd be happy to help you get everything up and running, and teach you all the finer points, and I work pretty cheap. Once you get the hang of it all you'll be able to spawn new games as fast as new coins can come out! PM me if you want someone to help you do it right, I really do work cheap.

Bro, i was in search of  a person who can buy a domain for me and design according my need,  i came over your post reply and thought that you may do my work!! 

Please Leave a message for me on Skype:  umar_shah11

as soon as you read this message.

Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: