Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:16:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LIST] Free EU bank accounts that you can be opened directly online  (Read 64493 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pencas

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:54:21 AM

for general purpose with debit card what is the cheapest account with Personal IBAN?
n26 is reliable?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:11:54 AM

for general purpose with debit card what is the cheapest account with Personal IBAN?
n26 is reliable?

I would suggest Mistertango. The account is free. The card is free too. You only pay when you withdraw cash from your card.

Here's the website: https://mistertango.com/en/

Best of all, you can load the account with bitcoins. You get an IBAN account which allows you to send and receive SEPA payments and the card works worldwide.

N26 is reliable but they might require German PostIdent identity verification and for that you have to be in Germany.

Mistertango also requires verification and you can do that conveniently on their iOS or android app.

No harm in trying it. You won't be charged for opening an account.

designbuyers

Activity: 325
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 07:58:48 AM

Great post and links... Smiley

Thanks

f3tus

Activity: 317
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:56:24 PM

N26 is reliable but they might require German PostIdent identity verification and for that you have to be in Germany.
They don't require PostIdent, just a normal video call verification.
pencas

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:56:44 AM

n26 is reliable?

I would suggest Mistertango. The account is free. The card is free too. You only pay when you withdraw cash from your card.

Here's the website: https://mistertango.com/en/

Best of all, you can load the account with bitcoins. You get an IBAN account which allows you to send and receive SEPA payments and the card works worldwide.

Thanks for this complete answer.
I will try mistertango and n26 and later tell us feedback Wink
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:58:57 AM

There were several posts around Bitcointalk where people had their
N26 accounts closed after receiving money from exchanges.

You would expect that a modern bank like N26 would be embracing a
technology that challenges the big banks, but somehow they are reluctant
to do so. Instead they are referring to a clause in their terms of service that
doesn´t even exist.

Personally, I would recommend Mistertango over N26 for this reason if
you are doing transactions with Bitcoin exchanges.
f3tus

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:54:12 AM

Instead they are referring to a clause in their terms of service that doesn´t even exist.
https://docs.n26.com/legal/home/en/supporting-general-business-conditions-latest.pdf

Clause §19.3, page 13.
Samarkand

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:01:27 AM

Instead they are referring to a clause in their terms of service that doesn´t even exist.
https://docs.n26.com/legal/home/en/supporting-general-business-conditions-latest.pdf

Clause §19.3, page 13.

Thank you.

However, I´m not exactly sure, which of the criteria that are mentioned in the clause are relevant here.

-the customer made false statements (e.g. to his/her financial status)
-the customer´s financial status deteriorates, which increases the risk for the bank
-the customers fails to increase or provide additional securities (e.g. for a loan) after his financial status deteriorates

Not even one of these remotely explains why they have a problem with transactions with
Bitcoin exchanges.
warningsigns

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:46:36 PM

I would suggest getting a Mistertango account and using it for bitcoin-related transactions. You can then transfer money from Mistertango to other EU accounts via SEPA. You get an IBAN account and a MasterCard and they are free to apply for. You will be charged for using the card on ATMs of course but that's nothing unusual. ATMs are specifically installed for a purpose: to rake in fees for the acquiring banks.

What I do is load bitcoins on my Mistertango account, then I use the MasterCard at shops and for online purchases. I transfer money from Mistertango to my account in Germany every month. No questions asked by the German bank. Why would they? They can see the money's source is another EU bank and it's an IBAN account in my name. Plus I always add a reference line: Transfer of personal funds for savings purposes. This makes the German bank happy. Grin   The important thing is to keep the amounts balanced and trimmed to a minimum. Don't send wildly large amounts because that is when alarm bells ring and they start asking questions and digging deeper into your financial life.

f3tus

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:10:30 PM

However, I´m not exactly sure, which of the criteria that are mentioned in the clause are relevant here.
Termination of the business relationship as a whole or of particular business relations without notice is permitted if there is reasonable cause which makes it unacceptable to the Bank to continue the business relations
Just a general explanation all/most banks use when dealing with crypto. There is no concrete reason, they just don't want to deal with it.
helius1

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:47:58 PM

Hi All

Has anybody tested Ferratum Bank euro wire transfer with Kraken or other crypto exchange?
I have opened an account online but I have not received a solid answer from them regarding this. After several questions it was confirmed that there will be no problem with SEPA transfers.

Any help will be really appreciated. Their service and application look fine by the way.

Pokerman69

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:52:17 PM

I would suggest getting a Mistertango account and using it for bitcoin-related transactions. You can then transfer money from Mistertango to other EU accounts via SEPA. You get an IBAN account and a MasterCard and they are free to apply for. You will be charged for using the card on ATMs of course but that's nothing unusual. ATMs are specifically installed for a purpose: to rake in fees for the acquiring banks.

What I do is load bitcoins on my Mistertango account, then I use the MasterCard at shops and for online purchases. I transfer money from Mistertango to my account in Germany every month. No questions asked by the German bank. Why would they? They can see the money's source is another EU bank and it's an IBAN account in my name. Plus I always add a reference line: Transfer of personal funds for savings purposes. This makes the German bank happy. Grin   The important thing is to keep the amounts balanced and trimmed to a minimum. Don't send wildly large amounts because that is when alarm bells ring and they start asking questions and digging deeper into your financial life.

What kind of amounts are safe to send without alarm bells ringing?

Would any amount over €1k cause trouble or do you mean more like €100k ?

And can you confirm that you can add your own reference description when withdrawing from Mister Tango to your other local Bank account?
warningsigns

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:35:04 PM

What kind of amounts are safe to send without alarm bells ringing?
Would any amount over €1k cause trouble or do you mean more like €100k ?
And can you confirm that you can add your own reference description when withdrawing from Mister Tango to your other local Bank account?

I usually send around €2k every month. To avoid triggering alarm bells, I would stay in the sub-10k territory and even that is already critically high enough to raise eyebrows, especially if the local bank detects some kind of structuring pattern in the way money is flowing into your account. Structuring is obvious when incremental transfers can be assumed or perceived to originate from a larger source of funds but the transfers are deliberately trimmed or minimized to an amount which falls below statutory reporting standards (usually USD/EUR 10k). Irregularities in the timing of the transfers and a deviation from certain account activity patterns are the usual signs they look for. Keeping amounts reasonably low and being careful not to withdraw those inward funds in cash are crucial to avoid a transaction audit and inquiries being made “behind the scenes” (for example, the local bank might send a SWIFT MT107 AML Interrogative for clarification purposes).

And yes, adding your own reference description on the Mistertango app is perfectly ok. Here’s a trial transfer page to show you:

http://imgur.com/aFWwRak

As long as you have legitimate motives, you will enjoy Mistertango’s services.

Yunbalo

Activity: 191

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:17:43 AM

Added a new one on personal accounts: https://www.bunq.com (Netherlands)
This is a very useful information, I need to open such accounts. Thank you for providing this valuable information.
Samarkand

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:27:30 PM

As long as you have legitimate motives, you will enjoy Mistertango’s services.

I´m also thinking about opening a Mistertango account, because their
offer looks really attractive. The only downside that I see is that only 200 € in
ATM withdrawals are free per month and you are charged 2 % for every
additional withdrawal - on top of potential ATM operator fees.

If they would raise the 200 € ATM withdrawal limit, I´d sign up in a
heartbeat.

Besides, this looks like a pretty interesting feature:
Get easy to remember IBAN number
MisterTango gives you a possibility to decide what your IBAN number will be.
Have your ever thought that it could be even your phone number?

Instead of getting a random IBAN you could get an IBAN
that is really easy to remember.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 10:50:42 PM

I need to know if SEPA transfers from an Mistertango IBAN to Payoneer Account is it possible??, or payoneer reject payments from Mistertango IBAN SEPA transfer?

As far as I know, users can accept SEPA EUR on their Payoneer accounts:
https://blog.payoneer.com/how-to/get-paid/global-payment-service-dos-and-donts/
So, there shouldn't be any reasons why they may reject transfer from Mistertango, because Mistertango works just as usual bank of SEPA system.
P.S. Next time please don't quote whole OP Smiley

f3tus

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:09:23 PM

I need to know if SEPA transfers from an Mistertango IBAN to Payoneer Account is it possible??, or payoneer reject payments from Mistertango IBAN SEPA transfer?
Not possible.
f3tus

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:20:56 PM

OKPAY.com now gives verified users an IBAN (e-mail from December 20th, 2017 (sorry, I didn't see this sooner)), and you can send/receive to/from crypto exchanges:

We are glad to announce that all verified OKPAY clients can now get a personal IBAN (International Bank Account Number) for payments within Europe.

Terms and costs

IBAN is given to personal customers free of charge;
    For corporate clients, using IBAN is possible on a paid basis (for more information, contact OKPAY Support Service).

Benefits of using IBAN

Personalized bank details: when performing a money transfer to OKPAY account, you can state as beneficiary the actual account holder, not the financial institution;
    Fixed fees for receiving and sending payments from 34 European countries (regardless of the amount);
    Faster transfers thanks to automated payment processing;
    Improved security: if for some reason the funds do not reach the recipient, they will be immediately returned to the sender's account.

Real-world examples

Are your customers or employer from abroad? Receive your earnings directly on your OKPAY account fast and secure.
    Thinking about investing in cryptocurrency? Send SEPA payments to accounts of exchange platforms like Kraken, CoinMate, Bitstamp, Coinbase, etc.
    Paying for your child's education in a European school? Your bank statement will include your name as the sender.

How to find your IBAN

OKPAY client’s personal IBAN can be found in the upper left corner of the user’s secure area, under the avatar and the account number.
Relictus

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:17:24 PM

Okpay got bought up by Mayzus aka Moneypolo. Get ready for very intrusive verification requirements and balance freeze.

Bitcoinera

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:47:46 PM

I can confirm that Payoneer is not very useful for exchanges. My payment from Kraken got rejected after five days pending and now I am still waiting for a response from their support team, as it hasn't been returned yet to my Kraken's fundings. It is almost two weeks now.

Then I tried Revolut out. This one has worked flawlessly. Less than 24h and my funds arrived. Perfect. I will be trying out other banks. Never put all eggs in the same basket, as they say.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: