Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:58:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you trust ICONOMI if ICONOMI depends on ETH?  (Read 1465 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 05:15:34 PM

ICONOMI seems like an interesting project, a trust fund of sorts where you trust investors to do a good job and mainain the token value up, so in a way, you are investing on a lot of projects by investing on ICONOMI.

The problem is: ETH is a mess. ETH always end up hard forked etc. It will happen again. Once this happens, all the ETH related tokens like ICONOMI, will suffer.

So how can I trust it long term? Why they didn't run it under Bitcoin blockchain instead of ETH?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCRoyal

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

Early Bitcoin Supporter

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:48:41 AM

Your concern is actually valid. I too would like to see how this would play-out in the event it happens.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 06:31:00 AM

ICONOMI seems like an interesting project, a trust fund of sorts where you trust investors to do a good job and mainain the token value up, so in a way, you are investing on a lot of projects by investing on ICONOMI.

The problem is: ETH is a mess. ETH always end up hard forked etc. It will happen again. Once this happens, all the ETH related tokens like ICONOMI, will suffer.

So how can I trust it long term? Why they didn't run it under Bitcoin blockchain instead of ETH?

I don't have any coins or token run on eth,for the simple reson that it is eth dependent and there's a complicxation involve,I prefer a bitcoin similar blockchain,it's easy to understand although quite costly for for developers who hire coder to create their coin..

bleedingedge

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 07:43:05 AM

So how can I trust it long term?
Don't trust it. It's easy as that.
memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

iconomi coin not depends on ETH
but is iconomi coin create use ethreum token, so if ethreum problem iconomi problem too
if iconomi coin swap in and create new coin, is big problem down trust, and procces migration coin in exchanger is longtime too

iconomi coin is indpendence not depends ETH, but still need ETH

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 08:19:55 AM

did you look at which token is next to bitcoin in the coinmarketcap.com dumb Hero? that's how messed up things can be when you get into the market late.
its always amazing how the ICN price Rise up that you don't get the chance to enter to buy cheaper ICN. tell you what you still can buy ICN for a cheaper price, PM me for it. its going to be less than 20k. remember PM me.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
barnes13

Activity: 1274
Merit: 521

7enius - Your Cryptocurrency Marketing Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 08:29:39 AM

ICONOMI has a solid team and they try implement all the roadmap investor don't have worry about this maybe the things make investor to worry is because ICONOMI on ETH Blockchain, maybe the issues will come if ETH have a next hardfork. I still have trust with ICONOMI.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:39:29 AM

ICONOMI is independent of Ethereum and can port their platform to another project like RSk in future. I think if people don't trust the team they won't collect more than $17 million from investors
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:43:54 AM

ICONOMI has a solid team and they try implement all the roadmap investor don't have worry about this maybe the things make investor to worry is because ICONOMI on ETH Blockchain, maybe the issues will come if ETH have a next hardfork. I still have trust with ICONOMI.

Realy?
Do you know the background of this company? Do you know about their previous failed projects/scams?
You maybe know why most of the original team left the company already?

If you would, you would have a different opinion.

All im gonna say is, be very carefull with ICONOMI so you dont get burned.
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 10:34:20 AM

Eth is by nature too unstable, i don't believe in DAO, ICN, FACT, ETH, ETC  ..... Because as many pointed here, eth can be hard forked at any moment, plus, it is user unfriendly, and a big mess for the developers.
Hopefully i never invest in ICOs, so i have nothing to fear about them, but i aleready heard about their inner problems, and about the possible past scams, but they are not the only ones in this situation, a lot of known projects here are in the same position, even steem is a probable scam because of a "revealed pyramid scheme", same for waves who still can't achieve its roadmap ....
there are tons of projects like that, you can't trust easily people, but if you do, then be easy on your pocket.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:02:51 AM

ICONOMI is independent of Ethereum and can port their platform to another project like RSk in future. I think if people don't trust the team they won't collect more than $17 million from investors

$17 million ? HOLY FUCK I THINK I AM GOING TO BE SICK  Roll Eyes

And to that other nooby..
It's "Exchange" not.. "exchanger"

FUD first & ask questions later™
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 11:20:07 AM

$17 million ? HOLY FUCK I THINK I AM GOING TO BE SICK  Roll Eyes

I don't trust exchanges data anymore, a lot of people here are proving that volumes are manipulated, and if you manipulate volumes, then all the financial datas you can get about a project/coin is totally inaccurate, thus, all the datas you get from ICN is totally unprovable, i don't point to any exchange, but i know that at least one of them is faking volumes, so it like for grapes, as long as at least 1 is rotten, then you throw the whole bunch.
Genesis1337

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 02:39:46 AM

Well I trust it. I think if ETH goes PoS it will be positive for ETH Dapps. Honestly I have no clue lol, but iconomi still seems like a really good project. As do many other platforms that run on the ethereum network.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:05:32 AM

I think there is fundamental difference there but I want to remind you other ambitious project based on ETH - The DAO.
I bet if you would ask people before the hack happened if they trust in DAO then I am sure that majority would give them their vote of confidence.
Let's just hope that ICONOMI developers are far more experienced and reliable.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 03:22:42 AM

$17 million ? HOLY FUCK I THINK I AM GOING TO BE SICK  Roll Eyes

I don't trust exchanges data anymore, a lot of people here are proving that volumes are manipulated, and if you manipulate volumes, then all the financial datas you can get about a project/coin is totally inaccurate, thus, all the datas you get from ICN is totally unprovable, i don't point to any exchange, but i know that at least one of them is faking volumes, so it like for grapes, as long as at least 1 is rotten, then you throw the whole bunch.

Agreed and many suspected GOX was faking shit too eh.. i wouldn't doubt it.
In my pure shock of $17 million i missed how stupid the guys core comment was  Shocked

Here is my version of what he said.
Oh there is no need to worry about bank robbers because we can build a new bank and move the money.

Mensa caliber shitcoin defense logic around here  Cheesy

topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 05:20:38 AM

Realy?
Do you know the background of this company? Do you know about their previous failed projects/scams?
You maybe know why most of the original team left the company already?

If you would, you would have a different opinion.

All im gonna say is, be very careful with ICONOMI so you dont get burned.

I understand your concern, but you are not been specific here, there is different between failed project and Scam. Can you be more specific.

Concerning people leaving the company, people leave Google, Facebook, Microsoft every time and it doesn't means the company will not delivered their goals
Nevsky

Activity: 1064
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 12:01:41 PM

I also liked the idea of ICONOMI as an investment tool.
But as far as I know no one has received the first dividends from its investments in ICONOMI.
What I personally have a anxiety.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:04:41 PM

Well as you said The problem is: ETH is a mess. ETH always end up hard forked etc. It will happen again. Once this happens, all the ETH related tokens like ICONOMI, will suffer. And The real example is the DAO bailout
So it is can not be trusted for long term,  it will be good for short term and if you have got profit, go away.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:44:29 PM

@densuj
NO, the problem is you all are trying to pretend that crowd-funding (an ICO) is a legit way for you take make money off of.

It's not.

It never will be unless it's regulated.. *maybe.

Until then the little idiotic profiteer scammy circle-jerk of scheme coins continues.
..for profit.

PS:
This is the Altcoin section assholes ..NOT the alternative Pyramid scheme token section.
Grow the fuck up scammy bastards.

thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:01:09 PM

Eth is by nature too unstable, i don't believe in DAO, ICN, FACT, ETH, ETC  ..... Because as many pointed here, eth can be hard forked at any moment, plus, it is user unfriendly, and a big mess for the developers.
Hopefully i never invest in ICOs, so i have nothing to fear about them, but i aleready heard about their inner problems, and about the possible past scams, but they are not the only ones in this situation, a lot of known projects here are in the same position, even steem is a probable scam because of a "revealed pyramid scheme", same for waves who still can't achieve its roadmap ....
there are tons of projects like that, you can't trust easily people, but if you do, then be easy on your pocket.

Well most ICOs are shit, nobody is going to argue with that, but this ICN one was a bit of a success in my book. Considering most post ICOs are a mess, this one has survived pretty well, so its clear that this is not the same as always, but the risk remains: This is an ETH token, and you can never fully trust altcoin devs.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: