Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:56:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive BitCrane T-110 Setup [HD]  (Read 19430 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 12:46:55 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2015, 01:13:37 PM by dogie

So is anyone out there overclocking this thing yet?  Any idea how high can you safely go with it?

I don't remember there even being clock controls via the UI, so you'd have to SSH to cgminer. There really isn't much headroom on these chips even if you had control, especially in any sort of ambient temperature. The chips end up thermal throttling quite easily.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RazorBack

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:04:54 PM

You can.  I think I read that on the Bitcrane sitE.  So I Google how and found this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=978309.0
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 01:13:04 PM

You can.  I think I read that on the Bitcrane site.  So I Google how and found this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=978309.0

Yes you can SSH in but its still not going to get very far. There simply isn't enough headroom and even past the chip, the board components themselves are pretty stretched as it is.

thebonenz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 07:55:16 AM

I'm looking at getting one of these atm, do you think they will ever release upgrade packs like bitmain for these in the future? Seems like a great rig to waste in the future.

Newbie hobby miner who just picked up an S4!
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 08:08:53 AM

I'm looking at getting one of these atm, do you think they will ever release upgrade packs like bitmain for these in the future? Seems like a great rig to waste in the future.

No this was a awesome looking rig but limited sales.   Most went with a more traditional fan miner.

I suggest C1 over this if you have to have watercooling.   But I honestly suggest stick with fan miners unless your just looking for project.  But most likely this one is a waste of time.
thebonenz

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:07:38 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 11:20:16 AM by thebonenz

No this was a awesome looking rig but limited sales.   Most went with a more traditional fan miner.

I suggest C1 over this if you have to have watercooling.   But I honestly suggest stick with fan miners unless your just looking for project.  But most likely this one is a waste of time.
Yeah I just read that there was a scam or something with bitcrane on reddit? So guessing it wasn't a success. I would love to get an s3 or s5 but can't get anything in Australia that isn't the same as shipping costs. I currently have a choice between this and a s4 but live in a share house and concerned about noise.

What would you do?

Thanks!

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:11:33 AM

Yeah I just read that there was a scam or something with bitcrane on reddit? So guessing it wasn't a success. I would love to get an s3 or s5 but can't get anything in Australia that isn't the same as shipping costs. I currently have a choice between this and a s4 but live in a share house and concerned about noise.

What would you do?

Thanks!

I would avoid this rig that is for sure.  I would check local markets on getting one if shipping is to high.  Or you could ship to a hosting center  in a place cheaper.

Sadly not all places are viable to mine.  What is your electricity cost, and how high is shipping?
thebonenz

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:23:52 AM

What would you do?

Thanks!

I would avoid this rig that is for sure.  I would check local markets on getting one if shipping is to high.  Or you could ship to a hosting center  in a place cheaper.

Sadly not all places are viable to mine.  What is your electricity cost, and how high is shipping?

Currently electricity is free, shipping to Australia seems to sit around 100-250 at best $80 from China through a direct store.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:27:48 AM

What would you do?

Thanks!

Currently electricity is free, shipping to Australia seems to sit around 100-250 at best $80 from China through a direct store.

If you have "free" electricity and can get around 100 even it would be a good deal on some.  I normally suggest older gear for free.  But if your paying a lot you might want to have something a littler newer as paying high shipping on old product does not make sense.

I would look for S5 gear or newer with shipping like that.   You might be able to find someone in a better location to ship in hardware sales. Post in there you want to buy miners list which one and see if anyone offers it closer.   Just make sure to use escrow.
thebonenz

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 12:37:14 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you have "free" electricity and can get around 100 even it would be a good deal on some.  I normally suggest older gear for free.  But if your paying a lot you might want to have something a littler newer as paying high shipping on old product does not make sense.

I would look for S5 gear or newer with shipping like that.   You might be able to find someone in a better location to ship in hardware sales. Post in there you want to buy miners list which one and see if anyone offers it closer.   Just make sure to use escrow.
[/quote]

Alright thanks for all your advice I'll keep looking! But will explore the possibilities with the s4 but would prefer and s5 for sure!

I don't want to ship to a data center as this is definitely starting at least as a hobby, I want to play with everything and fiddle and enjoy mining! Smiley

skez

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:41:59 AM

is it possible to connect these straight to a pc with?  i cant find mine on the network i think its stuck on previous owners setting...its really frustrating spent hours and still cant get a control panel ip to work...
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 06:22:23 AM

is it possible to connect these straight to a pc with?  i cant find mine on the network i think its stuck on previous owners setting...its really frustrating spent hours and still cant get a control panel ip to work...

Your best best I think is to try to find a backup image.  It appears to have a SD card on the controller board.  So I would find a backup, and try flashing SD (backup old just in case first).

But much better chance of that then finding  solution to hook to a regular PC.   I  think at least.
skez

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:08:39 AM

Your best best I think is to try to find a backup image.  It appears to have a SD card on the controller board.  So I would find a backup, and try flashing SD (backup old just in case first).

But much better chance of that then finding  solution to hook to a regular PC.   I  think at least.

cool thanks i just opened it up and found the sd card location,,,,other ports its has is a mini usb port and a hdmi port when the bitcrane is running the hdmi screen displays this

ian GNU/Linux 7 cubian tty6
ian login:

but thats all it does not sure if previous owner is the reason why i cant conect to a ip control panel or not

any ideas where i can find a back up image to try on the sd card??  im not the most computer literate
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 07:26:15 AM

cool thanks i just opened it up and found the sd card location,,,,other ports its has is a mini usb port and a hdmi port when the bitcrane is running the hdmi screen displays this

ian GNU/Linux 7 cubian tty6
ian login:

but thats all it does not sure if previous owner is the reason why i cant conect to a ip control panel or not

any ideas where i can find a back up image to try on the sd card??  im not the most computer literate

I have not looked  for it.  It appears they still have a site up.  I would email or contact them see if they still provide it.

If no luck from company then hit the forums up trying to find someone else with one and ask them for a backup.  Might be a little tough as was not the most popular miner, was high priced in it's day.
skez

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 06:03:51 PM

think it might be (hopefully) my shitty old netgear router that has an ip of 192.168.0.1 and barely lets me change any settings.. which from what i can figure out is causing issues, i managed to connect the ethernet cable from a computer directly to the bitcrane and changing internet protocal properties 4 etc..and using windows command promp  typed   arp -a     and found the bitcrane control panel ip 192.168.1.201 and accessed it although i didnt want to mess with any settings on the control panel fearing i will never find it again lol......so now i either have to figure out how to use my router with this or get a new router which sucks but yeh this shit took me hours and hours i wanted to throw it and still havent sorted it or got it connected to the web  Huh Angry Undecided

oh and if anyone wants to put one of these in there bedroom living room etc the noise is pretty bad.. yeh there watercooled but the fans are very loud louder than i expected
dwyer17

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

Give 'em the pickle

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:24:48 PM

Winter is coming and I decided to get my T-110 out of storage and heat the sun room with it.

Only 1 out of 2 of the cards are hashing though. Any suggestions?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 12:31:42 AM

Only 1 out of 2 of the cards are hashing though. Any suggestions?

Likely premature death; these boards do not last long. If you can't get it started at a much lower clock speed then probably best to unplug it from the PSU and controller and leave it be. Not going to be worth your time and a 500W 24/7 heater will likely be plenty.

christal

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:23:19 PM

Hi Dogie and BTCtalk members.

First of all, great review from Dogie - loving that there is still some content around. Everything from BitCrane has virtually disappeared now they are defunct...

I own 4 BitCrane T-110 series miners, 2x T-110 and 2x T-110s.

The 2x T-110 run well, although I have had to underclock and overvolt them a little to run stable, my ambient temperature is around 35°C this time of year, and yes, that's in an air-conditioned room.
The 2x T-110s are non-functional however, despite my best efforts modifying the param.py and pools.conf.json files, and using HCM (HashFast Characterization Monitor) from SSH into the system on the cubieboard.

The T-110s miners both run for about 5 seconds, maybe completing up to 1000 work units, then reset and I end up in an endless loop of them resetting within the 5 second update.

Anyone else experience this, and more importantly did they overcome it?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 05:01:43 AM

Anyone else experience this, and more importantly did they overcome it?

For the time travellers; that sounds like dying PSU. My PSU in the T-110 died, I believe.

christal

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 08:25:46 PM

For the time travellers; that sounds like dying PSU. My PSU in the T-110 died, I believe.

Thanks for that Dogie.

In the time since I posted my original reply (10 months ago) I have since acquired a further 3 x T-110 units, primarily for parts (as the seller did mention that they weren't working properly).
So I now have the parts of my 2x T-110s and 5x T-110 units, and I don't think any of all 7 of them work properly at all after going through last summer, so much so that I didn't even try using them during winter - that and I bought myself an Antminer S7, which does around 5x the hashing that these Bitcrane T-110 units did individually, for around 1600W compared to 1100W each for a T-110.

I will attempt to dismantle a couple of them, removing and swapping power supplies, cubieboards, and hashfast boards, to see if I can get at least one or both of the T-110s, and maybe a couple of the T-110 units working again.

If anyone else is still playing around with Bitcrane T-110 hardware, I'd be happy to hear from them!

Regards,

Christal
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: