Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer R4 - Wrong chip index  (Read 3571 times)
GWhisper (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 04:08:15 AM

My 2 R4's are now on their way back to China - hopefully they return and work without fault, though I have my doubts.

Bitmain did offer to pay the return shipping however UPS will not accept receiver pays without Bitmain pre-printing the return shipping label, which they wouldn't. Bitmain suggested they'd provide a coupon to the value of the freight but I've read that they do not allow coupons to be used to purchase miners.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:05:59 AM

but I've read that they do not allow coupons to be used to purchase miners.
Not correct. The problem is that they no longer seem to give out coupons EXCEPT in cases like yours. They used to give out coupons to buyers very frequently but methinks s7's are the last miners they did that with.

If you get one then as long it has not expired -- go for it.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
GWhisper (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:59:48 AM

but I've read that they do not allow coupons to be used to purchase miners.
Not correct. The problem is that they no longer seem to give out coupons EXCEPT in cases like yours. They used to give out coupons to buyers very frequently but methinks s7's are the last miners they did that with.

If you get one then as long it has not expired -- go for it.

Thanks for the clarification - good to know.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:36:51 AM

I just got 10 R4's in today and 1 of them has this same problem.  I really don't want to have to send another miner back to Bitmain.  Anyone have any ideas?  I updated to the latest firmware on Bitmain's site and still have the same error.

Chain[J7] has 63 asic
Chain[J8] has 0 asic
retry Chain[J8] has 0 asic

Miner fix freq ...
Fatal Error: DownOneChipFreqOneStep Chain[-1] has Wrong chip index=7893903

damn!
I'm really surprised at how many broken chips are in brand new bitmain products!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

They have no quality controls on their brand new products!!!
This is really unacceptable!!!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
kakoloukia

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:10:44 PM

Charging for a repair?  That's ridiculous!  ITS under warranty.  The real problem is with trying to run the unit with only one board is the airflow.  The air takes the path of least resistance and will bypass the heatsinks if you try to take out the other board.  Mine originally worked with both hash boards, but I noticed that it was only hashing on one board.  So the natural thing to do is restart it....DONT!  Then you have to troubleshoot the bad board and disconnect it from the hash plug to make just the one board work.  They should advanced exchange a mining board on something less than 30 days old.  I don't mind paying for the board and waiting for a credit, but to buy something "brand new" and have it not make it 48 hrs is ridiculous.  In any other industry the company would be run in to the ground and no one would support them EVER AGAIN!  Now we know why United States has laws governing too much control of an industry.  Makes me sick I have to work on anything I just paid money for.  Can you imagine buying a new Ferrari and the tire falls off and they say oh we are sorry, please send back your $ 300k car for a month while the value of your new car is going way down so we can do what we should have done in the first place!?Huh

I am not happy. 

Bitmain needs to address this issue!  I will pay the .25 btc for a hash board to be sent NOW and then when you get my defective one I ALREADY PAID FOR back then return my .25 BTC deposit.  The difficulty is going thru the roof since they just disconnected all these machines and hooked up their "new in 2 months" to us machines when we pay for those machines. 

Does anybody else think this sounds unreasonable?  any other company would advanced exchange the entire unit for a new one *but I understand BTC is a different game.  They would need a deposit....

Please chime in...

Boomin

I totally agree with you!
Ordered 20 of them, and 10 R4 stoped working after 24h to 48h, and some from the beginning!
By the time I send them back for fixing (the entire miner) and get it back, i lose 2 to 3 months of mining and difficulty Sad
I believe they should cancel this model!
Make-A-Buck

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 06:28:11 AM

Charging for a repair?  That's ridiculous!  ITS under warranty.  The real problem is with trying to run the unit with only one board is the airflow.  The air takes the path of least resistance and will bypass the heatsinks if you try to take out the other board.  Mine originally worked with both hash boards, but I noticed that it was only hashing on one board.  So the natural thing to do is restart it....DONT!  Then you have to troubleshoot the bad board and disconnect it from the hash plug to make just the one board work.  They should advanced exchange a mining board on something less than 30 days old.  I don't mind paying for the board and waiting for a credit, but to buy something "brand new" and have it not make it 48 hrs is ridiculous.  In any other industry the company would be run in to the ground and no one would support them EVER AGAIN!  Now we know why United States has laws governing too much control of an industry.  Makes me sick I have to work on anything I just paid money for.  Can you imagine buying a new Ferrari and the tire falls off and they say oh we are sorry, please send back your $ 300k car for a month while the value of your new car is going way down so we can do what we should have done in the first place!?Huh

I am not happy. 

Bitmain needs to address this issue!  I will pay the .25 btc for a hash board to be sent NOW and then when you get my defective one I ALREADY PAID FOR back then return my .25 BTC deposit.  The difficulty is going thru the roof since they just disconnected all these machines and hooked up their "new in 2 months" to us machines when we pay for those machines. 

Does anybody else think this sounds unreasonable?  any other company would advanced exchange the entire unit for a new one *but I understand BTC is a different game.  They would need a deposit....

Please chime in...

Boomin

My R4 was humming right along since Dec 16,2016, had already paid for itself & made 1k profit... Then on July 12, 2017 over the course of 24 hours, hash rate dropped from 8.1 to 4.1, so I made the mistake of trying to cold reboot the R4 - now NOTHING. The fan spins at a very low speed and nothing else happens.
Is there ANYWHERE in the USA that will repair these units?
Thanks all.

Make-A-Buck
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:42:44 PM

Bitmain just announced a repair facility in Commerce, California.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 03:50:09 PM

Yeah, seems like they now do warranty repairs in both Hong Kong and US.
And Bitmainwarranty is still there for out of the warranty repairs.

Make-A-Buck

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:43:56 PM

Bitmain just announced a repair facility in Commerce, California.

Thanks for the info VRobb!
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:32:48 PM

I just got the e-mail stating the U.S. location for repairs, it's on 1/2 hour from me.  Wonder if I can take my R4 there myself and get the 2nd board fixed that went out soon after I got it?
Make-A-Buck

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:01:49 PM

I just got the e-mail stating the U.S. location for repairs, it's on 1/2 hour from me.  Wonder if I can take my R4 there myself and get the 2nd board fixed that went out soon after I got it?

Where exactly is the U.S. location for repairs?
Thanks
Elphamyto

Activity: 117
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 03:46:02 PM

I'm resurrecting an old thread here. I'm curious if anyone with some pcb assembly experience has tried diagnosing this issue. I'm willing to test every inductor, capacitor, resistor, and chip lead with a multimeter—but how do I get this epoxy off cleanly? Is there anyone with feedback? Thanks.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: