Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:13:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy me a .com domain and get btc  (Read 553 times)
DomainMagnate (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 12:02:10 PM

I need to buy a .com domain from godaddy.com I have lost my debit card and new card will reach me after a week.
The price for a .com domain for new user is 99 inr.I will pay 150 inr in btc if someone register domain and transfer it to me.
You will get 51 rs extra for this 15 minutes job.
Pm me for domain name that I want you to buy me.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 01:24:49 PM

Why not buy it from namecheap/gandi, where u can pay directly with bitcoin?

nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:18:49 PM

I am ready to do this job for you without any escrow and this will be done completely based on trust.
I hope I won't get scammed here, as I want to be useful for you.
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 02:32:01 PM

I can buy domain name on your behalf via my debit card and transfer the same to you after you reimburse me in BTC.

PMed you awaiting reply.
DomainMagnate (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 07:40:23 PM

Why not buy it from namecheap/gandi, where u can pay directly with bitcoin?
Why should I spend 600 rs when I can get same domain for 150?
I am ready to do this job for you without any escrow and this will be done completely based on trust.
Buddy do you think I can scam you for 150 rs and get neg trust on my account which is worth more than 150 rs and plus I am also on a campaign which will sack me if I get neg rating.
I can buy domain name on your behalf via my debit card and transfer the same to you after you reimburse me in BTC.

PMed you awaiting reply.
Replied to your pm
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:40:07 PM

Buddy do you think I can scam you for 150 rs and get neg trust on my account which is worth more than 150 rs and plus I am also on a campaign which will sack me if I get neg rating.

I don't know about scamming, but I think you didn't check anything before posting this thread.
To everyone who wants to help this person, let me tell you guys that you can only purchase a .com domain name for Rs.99/year at GoDaddy if you are buying it for 2 years or more, and for 2nd and furthermore years, you need to pay Rs.959/year. Now, tell me if I am wrong here.
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:47:55 PM

do not forget guys that godaddy and many others charge a fee to transfer a domain, last time i did it, the domain was only a dollar more than the transfer.  and there are several companies that accept bitcoin for domains, it is pretty hard to mess up an automated domain registration, so the site should be not important.  the worse thing the registrar could jack up is DNS, if that's the case then use DNS elsewhere(even the server you will host on) and handle that yourself
Sahyadri

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:55:15 PM

Just bought the domain for Rs 99.00 + Rs. 28.65 taxes
Total Rs. 127.65

Transferred domain to OP for BTC 0.003

Transaction went smooth.

Thank you OP
morantis

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:04:49 PM

Total Rs. 127.65

Transaction went smooth.

Thank you OP

i was not trying to stop you guys from doing business, just making a couple suggestions.  Glad you guys had a successful deal.
Sahyadri

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:34:13 AM

i was not trying to stop you guys from doing business, just making a couple suggestions.  Glad you guys had a successful deal.

It was an account to account transfer within godaddy so it went smooth.

I guess if it was a transfer outside godaddy then they would have charged a transfer fee.
morantis

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 05:39:14 AM

It was an account to account transfer within godaddy so it went smooth.

I guess if it was a transfer outside godaddy then they would have charged a transfer fee.

yeah, i havn't dealt with a transfer in a long time.  I know that registrar to registrar is a pain, security tokens and shit.  i guess this person just really wanted godady, lol.
DomainMagnate (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 11:22:57 AM

Total Rs. 127.65

Transaction went smooth.

Thank you OP
Thanks to you also for doing this to me and promptly transferring domain to me.I appreciate your honesty Smiley

I don't know about scamming, but I think you didn't check anything before posting this thread.
To everyone who wants to help this person, let me tell you guys that you can only purchase a .com domain name for Rs.99/year at GoDaddy if you are buying it for 2 years or more, and for 2nd and furthermore years, you need to pay Rs.959/year. Now, tell me if I am wrong here.
I have been in domain business for years buddy and I checked everything before posting but perhaps you didn't.
I clearly mentioned that a new registrant can avail 99 rs offer and now after reading Sahyadri post,you must know I was right.
To all who talking about tranfer fee,get your facts straight.No domain registrar charge any fee for domain tranfer within same registrar
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: