Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:13:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AUGMENTORS GAME Augmented Reality Mobile Gaming iOS Android Token DTB Databits  (Read 136162 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:29:18 PM

ICO collected 895 BTC worth nearly $1.1Million dollars at the time.
(correct me if i am wrong but i did not read or see if Team sold BTC, if they did not it would be worth, close to $4 Million today).

I thin BTC was sold at like $1200. I am ofcourse not sure, but i think I read on slack at that time. Not sure if they rebought back latter or how much was sold at that time.   On my personal opinion founds should stay always stay in currency they were collected until the moment they are needed.

About the work on the game. I am sure they give their best but is not an easy task. I am positive we will see a good result soon.

The community. It is sad to watch how it is getting lost. AUGMENTORS was in perfect position half year ago, and from then should just add followers to Twitter, new redditors on reddit, subs on Facebook, new member to slack, ...  But that will not happen if you dont tweet for more then a month.  About a month ago I heard on slack that they employed one guy to take care of marketing. It is time he start working. And by work I dont mean to write some plans. But to log to communication channels AUGMENTORS have and start to communicate with followers and supporters and start increasing their numbers.  For this part I am actually mad on the team. Because it is nothing really hard or impossible to do it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:06:42 AM

UPDATE:  (probably the last one i do around here)

I have messaged Kyle on Skype,  i was in contact with him, but the replies are very few and far between with little or next to no info.

So just so you guys know, i tried my best to get a answer, i will update if he replies but i dont think he will.

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
HarveyOne

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:55:43 AM

Also Spoke with Adam from Tokenly, he has been helping Augmentors from the start and also like myself, was trying his best to build a community and keep people informed.   This morning i spoke with him to ask what is going on with the Augmentors Team.

So this is it, this is as much info as i can or will ever get. 

[img]https://i.imgur.com/hjZBByu.jpg[/

I would say that we will not hear or read anything before the end of GamesCom, where surely anyone, seriously involved in gaming, currently is stuck ballsdeep.
altcoiner555

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:02:31 PM

Thank you VintageBazaar for all your efforts.  It's true the crypto community has grown massively over the last 12 months, although Augmentor's team might be unaware of this as they do not participate in crypto social media. Perhaps they don't realize this will be their initial primary market and publicity driver.
altcoiner555

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:08:42 PM

I would say that we will not hear or read anything before the end of GamesCom, where surely anyone, seriously involved in gaming, currently is stuck ballsdeep.

[/quote]

Think about what you are saying.  That would be the most valuable publicity opportunity, precisely the time we should be hearing from them.
altcoiner555

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:08:56 PM

Think about what you are saying.  That would be the most valuable publicity opportunity, precisely the time we should be hearing from them.
HarveyOne

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:39:52 PM

Exactly that, but for the gaming part of the project. "We" is the crypto part, which currently is not taken care of, at least not sufficiently.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 03:57:10 PM

I guess like many of the backers here just want to know if the game development progressing along. How far along? When will the game be playable? When is the estimated time of release? It doesn't have to be set in stone.

sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:45:58 PM

https://www.blog.google/products/google-vr/arcore-augmented-reality-android-scale/

Today, we’re releasing a preview of a new software development kit (SDK) called ARCore. It brings augmented reality capabilities to existing and future Android phones. Developers can start experimenting with it right now.
altcoiner555

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:07:37 AM

Uptrend will begin in next 72hrs.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 08:15:39 AM

When's the alpha release tipped to come out? I've heard its been delayed a few times but if its about to come out soon that would be great!

altcoiner555

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:03:07 AM

When's the alpha release tipped to come out? I've heard its been delayed a few times but if its about to come out soon that would be great!

They announced the Pre-Alpha will be released in November yesterday. Unfortunately, despite reassurances and employment of a community manager, they haven't learned anything when it comes to PR and only announced this in the Slack channel which is only semi-public, so few people know about it.
btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:06:06 PM

They announced the Pre-Alpha will be released in November yesterday. Unfortunately, despite reassurances and employment of a community manager, they haven't learned anything when it comes to PR and only announced this in the Slack channel which is only semi-public, so few people know about it.

Thanks, it looks like they will be providing much more updates from now on.. hopefully.
This is yesterday's post from Slack:

bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:44:20 PM

Oh shit, that's bad news. Uber delays right into "November" and then release in July 2018. Probably DTB will be a lot cheaper in Janaury as altcoin season go low in December.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
altcoiner555

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:11:09 AM

Oh shit, that's bad news. Uber delays right into "November" and then release in July 2018. Probably DTB will be a lot cheaper in Janaury as altcoin season go low in December.

Looks like there will be multiple pre-alphas then alpha, beta through out 1st half of next year starting this November, so should be a strong uptrend. I don't see altcoin seasonality coming into play particularly although November Hard Fork could play havoc with alts and btc.

I don't see price going much lower than it is now, technically were out from under a heavy 2 month cloud on the 1 day chart. Price is only down because no PR from dev team generally and last couple of days pump/dump of btc. If roadmap proceeds as planned and devs start to actually engage with crypto community, it's a solid buy at these prices for those prepared to wait a couple of months for larger gains. Of course, if devs stay in their bubble a good game might fail due to marketing inexperience.

Anyway, time to pay attention for all of us.
Cryptarded

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:13:28 AM

It would be nice for the new "CEO" to introduction himself on here and at very least the new community manager to introduction himself.

I posted this on the slack and hoping we get at least some decent feedback.

"I'm an ICO investor and I was a little shocked to see Vintage go which worried me. I decided to wait and see what the new CEO and community leader would do and I'm not liking their response. CEO gives us a vague roadmap of release for the pre-alpha, alpha, beta, and then game............. Realistically the game is a year to 1.5years out. I think at this point as an investor we should have a deadline for at least pre-alpha. Initially that was suppose to be out end of june/beginning of july. I understand projects have road blocks and problems come up but we should get a little more info than what you're giving us.   Then you announce @slade as the community manager which I'm ok with but none of his credentials are mentioned or how he'll be a valuable asset to the team. For all I know he's just some noob. Please explain why @slade was chosen as community leader and at least his background.  At this point I feel like we are getting a lot of FUD over the last month. It Would be nice to have our community leader talk to us and convince us why he's the best for the job. Also get a real roadmap that we can hold the team accountable for. It's the simple things that can make something like this game grow. I'm a huge databits backer and I want to see this game reach it's full potential. It's going to change the way games are played.   In all honestly I would like to know why Vintage wasn't thought about as the community manager. He could have saved your team a lot of headaches.........."
bustedsynx

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:11:38 AM

Looks like there will be multiple pre-alphas then alpha, beta through out 1st half of next year starting this November, so should be a strong uptrend. I don't see altcoin seasonality coming into play particularly although November Hard Fork could play havoc with alts and btc.

I don't see price going much lower than it is now, technically were out from under a heavy 2 month cloud on the 1 day chart. Price is only down because no PR from dev team generally and last couple of days pump/dump of btc. If roadmap proceeds as planned and devs start to actually engage with crypto community, it's a solid buy at these prices for those prepared to wait a couple of months for larger gains. Of course, if devs stay in their bubble a good game might fail due to marketing inexperience.

Anyway, time to pay attention for all of us.

To each his own. DTB is $0.79 right now thanks to expensive BTC, a high from April when it was $0.20 (BTC was $1,200). Stagnant and just ranging, but in the early months in spite of lack of communication, investors were expecting an alpha to be released. But low and behold, they stretched out the dev timeline to a year from now? I've seen this before. Only the faithful of the cult will remain and weather out the coming dumps back to $0.20. Yeah, ok, you may still ROI, but that's in June 2018.

Anyway, you may still get lucky by some sort of exit pump. But I still see this dump to 8k sats to 10ks and double whammy a cheaper BTC at $3,000 in November.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:14:25 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 10:08:23 AM by VintageBazaar

It would be nice for the new "CEO" to introduction himself on here and at very least the new community manager to introduction himself.

I posted this on the slack and hoping we get at least some decent feedback.

"I'm an ICO investor and I was a little shocked to see Vintage go which worried me. I decided to wait and see what the new CEO and community leader would do and I'm not liking their response. CEO gives us a vague roadmap of release for the pre-alpha, alpha, beta, and then game............. Realistically the game is a year to 1.5years out. I think at this point as an investor we should have a deadline for at least pre-alpha. Initially that was suppose to be out end of june/beginning of july. I understand projects have road blocks and problems come up but we should get a little more info than what you're giving us.   Then you announce @slade as the community manager which I'm ok with but none of his credentials are mentioned or how he'll be a valuable asset to the team. For all I know he's just some noob. Please explain why @slade was chosen as community leader and at least his background.  At this point I feel like we are getting a lot of FUD over the last month. It Would be nice to have our community leader talk to us and convince us why he's the best for the job. Also get a real roadmap that we can hold the team accountable for. It's the simple things that can make something like this game grow. I'm a huge databits backer and I want to see this game reach it's full potential. It's going to change the way games are played.   In all honestly I would like to know why Vintage wasn't thought about as the community manager. He could have saved your team a lot of headaches.........."

Thank you...

Thanks to everyone for the kind words of support, been really amazing to see and read. I was not going to post here again, hell, I spent yesterday removing my posts here, ive never done that before, I cant express how much I feel stabbed in the back by the Augmentors Team, so I will mention a few things to give you a idea and understanding as to why I could no longer support the project.

As many people know, I was a ICO investor and been highly involved in helping other investors and community members here, since day 1. I had a big passion for the project and was doing my best every day, 7 days a week, to keep the positive vibe up in the Slack chat, I put in countless hours, trying to build the community, thinking of all kinds of way to help promote the project and get as much public attention to it as possible, to which everything was all going good, the Devs were actively giving us updates, showing us animations of the creatures, showing us artwork and cards for the creatures, all kinds.  Then things started to go quiet.

I used to speak with Kyle on skype, probably once a fortnight, as I was one of the biggest investors and clearly devoted to the game with all the hard work and hours spent helping the community he would give me little updates, which was great, it is the little things like that, that fuels the fire that drives the passion.

Then… about 2 months ago, everything began to get quiet, the little communication I now had with Kyle, I was constantly trying to explain how important the community is, how we should not be “Left in the Dark” and how valuable we are to the project, how we  can help greatly with the building of a strong community and also by offering our services and skills, most likely for free ,to help any other way we could with the game…  All Kyle would ever tell me is "its up to marketing" this is the reason "stone wall" reply he would give when i was asking for them to give something to you guys, some little update, a creature development, screen shot, just something... but same old and tired reply "i will see what marketing says" ..

Well, where is marketing? Who is this marketing team, who, wont allow the Augmentors game to release any info? Seriously? They must be the worst marketing team on the planet if they think holding back information from a community is a clever idea.  You know how frustrating this was to hear.

Sadly and painfully clear, all my advice was falling on deaf ears, i have nearly 4 yrs in Crypto and seen many projects come and go and a lot of the other members who have left had a vast knowledge and could have really helped keep momentum rolling and spirits high even in these quiet times, as long as there was just a small bit of help from the dev team, i was not asking for much, fine have updates only twice a month, but please give the community something to "chew on" as i said above, provide a screen shot or two or some animation of a new creature, anything so we could see work was being done and developments were progressing along.

Now we are at this horrible point, where the community is feeling battered and bruised and kicked to the kirb.  I am absolutely furious, how this was left to happen,  Myself and to be fair, at the start ,Adam from Tokenly, helped to build a great  community,  the choice to go almost silent from the Devs, they let it all crumble, to fall apart and left to die.  Just check the twitter account and Facebook, not a single post for nearly 2 months, it does not take 2mins to make a tweet or facebook post, hell, could do it sitting on the toilet, instead of letting the community go down the toilet. There's only so many times a person can ask for help, i felt like i was treading water, calling out to the captain of the boat to throw me a life ring, to keep me afloat, to help others around me, but in the end, i was left to drown.

Then, the final straw that broke this donkeys back, I learn from the new CEO who I spoke with about a week ago, for 30mins, that there was going to be a new community manager.  The Devs actions  of the last few months have pretty much killed the community, so there is hardly a community left to manage and now they are going to bring in some unknown person, that they think this person is going to help the community, how sadly wrong they are.

With the talks I had with Kyle, it was mentioned several times that he was pushing for me to be community Manager, i mentioned how id love to be officially named as the Community Manager since i had been in the role un-officilay since day 1. Now, I don’t know if he said this to keep me “happy” until they got someone else in, but clearly that’s how it looks.   A lot of people wanted to see me as the Community Manager and I would of done a far better job than Kyles mate will do. Clearly it is a friend of the Devs who took the job, often in life, the “Right man” gets screwed over, due to the Boss's friend getting the job. So be it.  Would have been nice to hear it from Kyle and not from the CEO, who id never spoken to before, someone who i thought was listening also to my advice, but clearly as we have seen in the last few days, simply does not care.  

Lets rewind a bit, to the earlier days when I was talking with Kyle, he was telling me how they had this big Esports company , he really made it sound like it was one of the well-known companies and that big deals were being made and how they have this amazing Esports advisor to take them into the future…. Well, scroll back about 10 page and you will see .. Marshal Longs face. Serial Crypto scammer, who, if it was not for some other community members bring it to my attention, then myself pushing Kyle and Vinny to look into this person, he would still be advising Augmentors Game.
Yeah, I should of know then, I put it down to a “noob mistake” on their side..

Clearly, the team, got what they wanted from the Crypto community, the ICO Bitcoins.  You have all served your purpose here, so move along nothing, like, really nothing to see here anymore.  For the record, Kyle did not even message me to ask why i left, he must have a guilty  conscious and is probably to ashamed to speak with me now. Also, i had not  sold a single $DTB in all the time i was helping the team, for some stupid reasoning, (this was another excuse i was given for the lack of updates) they believed most people here were just in it for the money and did not care about the project.

Well Kyle or any of the team who are reading this and previous comments, how sadly wrong you are, clearly a lot of people here has a passion for the project, not all people in crypto are in it for the money. There are a lot of great people who i have met in Crypto, many who supported the project and  looking forward to being on the journey to see the final, finished developments and play the game. I was really looking forward to showing the game to my son and telling him how i and the community helped to have it made, something i and other people would of been proud to talk about the Augmentors Game. My disappointment in how things have turned out, runs deep and painful.

I want to  take this opportunity to apologise to every who I talked to about Augmentors, how I was singing its praises and I really did have absolutely faith in the team and project, I thought Augmentors Game was going to be my last ever investment in Crypto and I had a vision of being there to help the team for ever, all FREE of charge, I never asked for nor ever would have asked for anything in return, other than to be kept up to date with the developments so I could help and advise the community to the best of my abilities, as an investor I was more than happy to work for my investment and help any way which i could.  

So please accept my sincere apologies. For the record I think the game will be a success when it comes out.

I am sorry to all, who i feel i have let down by not being able to turn things around, i gave everything i could, but in the end, it didn't really matter to The Augmentors Game.   But every cloud has a silver lining right? 

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
bustedsynx

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:03:11 AM

So please accept my sincere apologies, for the record I think the game will be a success when it comes out….

That's just it. Augmentors was one of the earliest ICOs in early 2017. Communication is never the issue and never will be the issue. It's the amount of work the developers put in. There were many many crypto projects that have silent devs but you can see from their github activity they were all coding all the time, so no worries. In fact, when the platform/product is finally released, the price has already climbed 5x - 10x!

What about Augmentors? Ok, the creature developments were a good sign of progress but then as Vintage said complete silence. That in itself is ominous. So, what's happening? Devs giving up? Too much alcohol in Ibiza? Then the confirmation comes. New team, roadmap pushed back.

Yeah, ok. I'll just hold while these guys take their time as they work leisurely and unprofessionally. This is not fud. You can check their past promises.

IMHO, there is a large chance nothing happens on "second half of 2018". LOL, Android game developers can push out new games in three months! I don't think the gameplay of Augmentors is that complex to take almost a year with nothing to show.

Furthermore, it's all excuses and excuses. This has happened before. Don't fall into the trap that "This time it will be different".

Fucking amateurs passing off as revolutionary game devs. Sell and take profits while you can. If wrong, ok. I missed out on great profit. But what if I'm right? Is that disposable income you invested?

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:24:44 PM

I am sorry to all, who i feel i have let down by not being able to turn things around, i gave everything i could, but in the end, it didn't really matter to The Augmentors Game.   But every cloud has a silver lining right? 
Just wanted to thank you personally for your contagious passion not just for the Augmentors project but for many others in the crypto space.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: