Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:02:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AUGMENTORS GAME Augmented Reality Mobile Gaming iOS Android Token DTB Databits  (Read 136162 times)
VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:11:58 PM

Taken from Medium, Augmentors Game Blog.

https://medium.com/augmentors/augmentors-month-end-community-update-october-27-2017-54f71a318cf3

Gert KrugerFollow
CEO Augmentors
Oct 27

Augmentors month end community update — October 27 2017

Hi everyone,

Today’s community update includes some details of the new game mechanic, an introduction to our newest team member, website information, a crypto meetup and last but not least… the launch of a community competition where you may be the lucky community member to name the next Augmentors creature!

Gameplay
A number of community members have asked about the game mechanics and how it has changed. Although this will still be refined in the coming months, I’d like to share a high level overview.
Before I dive into the new mechanic, some background on the old mechanic.
Although the game was well received in the first pre-alpha, we received some great feedback about the turn based dice mechanic that led us to review the game mechanic. The main problem with the turn based dice mechanic was that players would spend a lot of time waiting for the other player which slowed down the game. The mechanic also meant that it was difficult to add a lot of depth to the game.
After many iterations over the past two months, we have landed on a strategic real time game mechanic.

Spells and abilities will be represented as cards.
Players will be able to add spells and abilities to their creatures over time, and be able to choose a subset of cards before going into battle (similar to deck building in other games). At the start of each match, both players will receive a hand of randomly drawn cards.
Each card has a mana cost associated with it. At the start of the match both players will have the same amount of mana, and during the match mana will be produced at a constant rate. When a card gets used a new one will randomly be drawn. This allows players to play their cards at any time removing the delays necessary in a turn based game.
The new game mechanic will offer more depth, as players have access to endless (well almost endless) combinations and strategies. It will also allow Augmentors to keep releasing new spells and abilities over time, ensuring that the game stays fresh and interesting.
We will keep you posted over the coming months as the new game mechanic is refined.

New team member
I am happy to share that we have a new developer, Stefan, joining the team in November 2017. Stefan has a lot of game development experience, and is a welcome addition to the team. As you know we have a lot of big plans, and cannot wait for him to get cracking.

Website
The new gamer focussed website was very well received and thank you to all of you for the excellent feedback for future iterations. We’ll do a website update in the next few weeks and include team bios (as many of you requested).
I have also heard that the community is working on a “Beginners guide to buying DTB”, if this is complete it would be great to add it to the website with the next update.

Competition — Name the next Augmentors creature and win!
Now onto something very exciting, the community competition! We would like to take you all on the journey of creating a new creature. This journey will last 3 weeks and culminate in someone from the community naming the next creature, winning a 3D printed model of the creature and a digital in game token of the creature! Runner up prizes also up for grabs!

3D Model of Anta
We will share progress updates like artwork and models during the development of the creature. We kicked off the competition creature journey this week with the first sketches below. As you can it’s already taking shape.

Character development
While we share progress updates over the coming weeks you’ll need to get those creative juices flowing. After the 3D model has been shared on November 10 the competition will officially open allowing you to submit the best creature names of all time!
The Augmentors team will then choose a shortlist that goes back to the community for a final vote of the winning name!
The competition timings:

Competition timings
Competition prizes:
Winner:
Awesome 3D printed model of the new creature.
Digital in game creature token (token will be sent to the wallet address of the winner provided during entry).
Second prize:
An A1 printed poster of Augmentors artwork.
An Augmentors branded T-shirt.
Third prize:
An Augmentors branded T-shirt.
Rules:
Only Databit (DTB) holders can take part in this competition.
Each Databit (DTB) holder can submit a maximum of 5 new creature names. Submission details will include your name, wallet address and entry names.
The Augmentors shortlist will be the final shortlist that goes to a vote.
Voting will be limited to community members who have entered the competition and be weighted based on Databit (DTB) ownership.
The creature name with the most votes wins.
If the winning creature name was submitted by multiple participants, the first entry will win.

Crypto meetup

I would like to mention the Crypto meetup organised by one of our community members cr-mn taking place today.
You can find more information here. Veel dank cr-mn! Wij waarderen de steun!
Thank you very much to Simon for organising some Augmentors t-shirts for the event.
Lastly, I would like to end by thanking all of the community members for their support. I realise it is a long time from the token sale to game release, and thank you all for your patience! This community is vital to our success, and we will support and grow it over the coming months.

Keep battling

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KawaBunGa

Activity: 437
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:21:14 AM

What is this "Token swap" which they're gonna do in Q1 2018?

When people. Bought into the ico. They also were given a ico creature token.

So in it's current form it only has a name, like God token. Rookietoken

In Q1. We will be able to swap these tokens(that can be traded now) for the actual creature or you can even hold on to the token if you want.

So "token swap" means swapping the ico creature token for the actual creature.

Note, the ico creatures are very rare and strictly limited quantities.  

There is a list in the telegram channel with specific numbers.

OK, thanks. I just thought it was gonna affect $DTB tokens somehow (and I hoped in a positive way), but nope
VintageBazaar

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:02:17 PM

Hi Kawabunga,

Please explain more.   Would like to hear a "what if" scenario, regarding what you thought the "swap" meant.

PuraPuraBego

Activity: 928
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:13:17 AM

Hi Kawabunga,

Please explain more.   Would like to hear a "what if" scenario, regarding what you thought the "swap" meant.
Let us guess what a trying point out by kawabunga.

So him asking what's meant "swap-plan" then expect those plan will be able given effect price of (Databits) $DTB. Him has bought a coins then wished on right way as investor.
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:36:34 AM

Happy Halloween Everyone. Hope you all have a great Day.

As you know, DTB is part of the Counterparty Family (The Creature Tokens are stored in XCP as well as DTB).
There is a new Update/Newsletter please see, nice article about Augmentors Game also.

https://medium.com/augmentors/augmentors-month-end-community-update-october-27-2017-54f71a318cf3

Thank you.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
VintageBazaar

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:52:07 AM

Jut to let you all know, the Augmentors Game has a New Logo.  So if you are writing any articles or making any social media posts, please use the following Logos and Text.  Many thanks.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:51:11 PM

New updates https://medium.com/augmentors/augmentors-community-update-november-3-2017-b8f5624ead32

VintageBazaar

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:04:44 PM

Thanks Febo,

To add a little extra info, the creature we see is part of an exclusive competition to win a high quality 3d printed figure of this creature.

Plus the virtual creature.

To win, see recent update from Augmentors on medium.

reducelivid

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:49:43 PM

what platforms do you use on your token?
VintageBazaar

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 10:26:04 AM

Hi Reduce Livid.

When you say Platforms, can you please provide more info.

For now i can say the following.

$DTB is traded on Bittrex.
DTB - Databits is a counterparty asset/token.

So you can store your DTB on counterparty website and more recently their excellent desktop wallet.

https://freewallet.io/  - this is the OFFICIAL counterparty wallet  (not to be confused with other "free wallets" that should not be used).

By Full game launch $DTB will be used in the game for varies uses.  EG: Buying of Creatures, Upgrading Creatures and other uses.

Hope this helps to answer your question.  Also please join our Telegram group.  (link below in my signature)

Equalizer1970

Merit: 500

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:08:28 AM

Hi Reduce Livid.

So you can store your DTB on counterparty website and more recently their excellent desktop wallet.

https://freewallet.io/  - this is the OFFICIAL counterparty wallet  (not to be confused with other "free wallets" that should not be used).

By Full game launch $DTB will be used in the game for varies uses.  EG: Buying of Creatures, Upgrading Creatures and other uses.

Hope this helps to answer your question.  Also please join our Telegram group.  (link below in my signature)

Can I store my DTB tokens in the CP general bitcoin address?
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:29:48 PM

Hi Reduce Livid.

Yes ofcourse you can store them in most basic counterparty wallet https://counterwallet.io/  or mobile https://indiesquare.me/     I hope that when we finaly get asset, Book of Orbs will add AUGMENTORS asset also like did asset of games Spells of Genesis, RarePepe and Sarutobi Island.

Equalizer1970

Merit: 500

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:04:33 PM

Hi Reduce Livid.

Yes ofcourse you can store them in most basic counterparty wallet https://counterwallet.io/  or mobile https://indiesquare.me/     I hope that when we finaly get asset, Book of Orbs will add AUGMENTORS asset also like did asset of games Spells of Genesis, RarePepe and Sarutobi Island.

Thanks. My test DTB withdrawal finally showed up under my assets in my CP wallet.
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:56:52 PM

When Muscus met Sledge

https://i.gyazo.com/4007449502cd209f3b8709a012d093d5.mp4

VintageBazaar

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:51:53 PM

Only four days left to enter the Augmentors game competition.

Read the latest blog post here:
https://medium.com/augmentors/augmentors-community-update-november-10-2017-95069c04deac

You can enter up to 5 names.

Please join the official telegram group in my signature below for more details.

And good luck!

KawaBunGa

Activity: 437
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:10:37 AM

Hi Kawabunga,

Please explain more.   Would like to hear a "what if" scenario, regarding what you thought the "swap" meant.

Hi, I can explain, if you will. I thought the "swap" could mean that devs wanted to release new tokens, other then $DTB, so $DTB holders would need to swap their databits for these new tokens. That could happen if devs, let's say, decided to move to another chain. But now I know, that's not what's gonna happen.
Coinchange

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:23:41 PM

nice to see the steady development of this token

🚀
BossFather001

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:24:09 PM

it can be seen that the developers are not from beginners, they have quite a lot of experience. I would like to see in the future how they will cope with the task.
VintageBazaar

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:27:50 PM

it can be seen that the developers are not from beginners, they have quite a lot of experience. I would like to see in the future how they will cope with the task.

100% correct.   Make sure to bookmark the Augmentorsgame.com
Website and also read the blog there.

The team has a perfect balance of young and old talents.

Next up is most likely to be the long awaited white paper and then, the moment we have all been waiting for, pre alpha testing, prepared to be surprised.

This will be enough to get us through Crypro Winter and go into Spring very strong.

beastlysize

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:54:12 PM

Where to buy tokens?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: