Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:42:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 6800 XT vs 3070 TI  (Read 278 times)
Outhue

Activity: 826
Merit: 444

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2022, 06:40:00 AM

Their performance mining Ethereum is almost the same, the real difference begins with mining other algorithms so this is a decision only you can make, do you have interest to mine another algorithm besides Ethereum and hold? If yea goes with Nvidia the 6800 can mine ravencoin and a few others don't get me wrong but you will get the upper hand with the Nvidia, buy the AMD only if you see a very good price.
After the end of ethereum mining, both video cards will probably give a very small profit. Nvidia is better at mining some coins, AMD video cards are better at mining other coins, but probably more than 80% of video cards mine Ethereum.
16 GB memory is probably better than 8 GB in the future.
Since Ethereum get launched this is the second year that you can't mine ETH with 4GB anymore, its been many years so far, imagine if one has a 8GB graphic card lol, now that Ethereum is going PoS it doesn't matter anymore and its going to be tough to see another coin that will make 8GB graphic cards get expired.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 04:36:35 PM

Their performance mining Ethereum is almost the same, the real difference begins with mining other algorithms so this is a decision only you can make, do you have interest to mine another algorithm besides Ethereum and hold? If yea goes with Nvidia the 6800 can mine ravencoin and a few others don't get me wrong but you will get the upper hand with the Nvidia, buy the AMD only if you see a very good price.
After the end of ethereum mining, both video cards will probably give a very small profit. Nvidia is better at mining some coins, AMD video cards are better at mining other coins, but probably more than 80% of video cards mine Ethereum.
Since Ethereum get launched this is the second year that you can't mine ETH with 4GB anymore, its been many years so far, imagine if one has a 8GB graphic card lol, now that Ethereum is going PoS it doesn't matter anymore and its going to be tough to see another coin that will make 8GB graphic cards get expired.
What if a new coin appears that requires more than 8 GB of memory? It is beneficial for video card manufacturers to have miners buy new video cards. my old GTX 1070 video card has 8 GB of memory, and then it will be relevant for a long time, and this is unprofitable for Nvidia.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Coinfarm ventures

Activity: 182
Merit: 152

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 06:27:00 PM

That's right. I would not buy any video card for mining with less than 8GB of VRAM. I prefer 12GB or higher because of the dual mining potential.
Takyeon

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2022, 06:28:40 PM

What if a new coin appears that requires more than 8 GB of memory? It is beneficial for video card manufacturers to have miners buy new video cards. my old GTX 1070 video card has 8 GB of memory, and then it will be relevant for a long time, and this is unprofitable for Nvidia.
8GB memory out of the box? That's impossible, every new PoW coins needs loads of miners for difficulty to high right? The requirement is literally zero memory and slowly it climbs up with time, I think this is how every coins works.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: