Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:18:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is success for blockchain technology  (Read 839 times)
underwun (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 07:15:10 PM

What factors will satisfy us that blockchain technology is on track for realizing its potential?

Because as of now we see very little in the way of commercial and user engagement...

I don`t really understand your question.
Are you talking about using the blockchain for something different than bitcoin transactions?
Check out the project development section of this forum,there are some projects with the blockchain involved.

Essentially I am asking are we attached to an ideology, or is it time to recalibrate our goals...
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 08:52:49 PM

What factors will satisfy us that blockchain technology is on track for realizing its potential?

Because as of now we see very little in the way of commercial and user engagement...

I'm very surprised at you for asking this question after all the evidence at your disposal. The blockchain technology has brought the revolution  of cryptocurrencies and I call that a success, it's changed the way we move money (fiat) around and I call that a successful revolution, it's ensured security and transparency in dealing with our finances online and that can't be nothing less than a successful innovation.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 09:18:49 PM

--snip--

Essentially I am asking are we attached to an ideology, or is it time to recalibrate our goals...

I am pretty confident that we are not stick to an ideology or vision for the following reasons;

Bitcoin is the ideology and the vision; blockchain even a revolutionary and innovative technology is only the "vehicle" in order this vision to become reality.
There is no need to redefine our goals because the blockchain is doing what we want to do. No more or less.
If we want something different there other solutions but these are different from blockchain. 

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: