Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:00:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cgminer.exe  (Read 3719 times)
grim789 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:23:17 PM

Ok so i am trying to set up everything i downloaded cgminer not sure if it was most up to date but it does not contain cgminer.exe i read on here that disabling virus software could help tried that no luck. Can someone please help me with this i really want to get it setup but every place i have downloaded cgminer it does not contain cgminer.exe which is like most essential function. Thanks in advance.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:31:16 PM

That's interesting. Could you direct me to one of the places you downloaded CGminer?

I have an ancient copy of CGminer (2.4.1) if you need it...
Deins

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:53:12 PM

Ok so i am trying to set up everything i downloaded cgminer not sure if it was most up to date but it does not contain cgminer.exe i read on here that disabling virus software could help tried that no luck. Can someone please help me with this i really want to get it setup but every place i have downloaded cgminer it does not contain cgminer.exe which is like most essential function. Thanks in advance.
Dont use cgminer... It has random diconnects...
belcat

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:30:53 PM

cgminer is working better here than OpenCL/Guiminer.  Plus you can configure it to slow down if the machine is about to overheat (as opposed to just crashing and possibly killing something).
And I've found cgminer reconnects quite well.  The only problem is AVG doesn't like it, seems to block it somehow.  The minute I disable it, cgminer connects and works nicely.
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 10:39:53 PM

Yeah. Miners are often classified as viruses due to their usage in botnets and trojans. People put them in to mine on poor unknowing people's computers, and then AV's think that the miner softwares are bad when its just the botnets running them that are bad.

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
grim789 (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:48:07 PM

That's interesting. Could you direct me to one of the places you downloaded CGminer?

I have an ancient copy of CGminer (2.4.1) if you need it...

https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer That is where i downloaded it it's weird i downloaded another place i cant find where at i think it was a link off a youtube video and still had the same issue i would be happy to try and see if i could get your version working for me thanks.
MaxGen

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:52:05 PM

Malwarebytes has started flagging it as spyware too.  It's not though, if you deliberately intend to run it.
hashkey

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:48:54 PM

Get your cgminer only from ckolivas. You can check it out on the official cgminer bitcointalk thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0.

There are antiviruses that purge the cgminer.exe file, make sure that you exclude cgminer from your antivirus scans, or restore it after your antivirus quarantined/purged it.

[WTS] 📞 Voice Call & 📩 SMS PV Services 📲 [non-US] ⏱️ Fast Service ✔️️✔️️✔️️ |
"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you." ~ Puppet Master
belcat

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:16:49 PM

Get your cgminer only from ckolivas. You can check it out on the official cgminer bitcointalk thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0.

There are antiviruses that purge the cgminer.exe file, make sure that you exclude cgminer from your antivirus scans, or restore it after your antivirus quarantined/purged it.

It doesn't remove it.  It simply stops it from connecting; it starts, and seems to hang.  I disable the AVG anti-virus, and it starts and does everything normally.  If I enable the anti-virus while cvg is running, and it continues for a bit then stops.  I've added the whole directory as something to exclude from scans but that doesn't do it.
hammz

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 08:57:47 PM

I ditched AVG (and everyone I know) when it turned into the monstrous pig of a program it was already a few years ago.

Grab avast..no false detections on cgminer....download, unpack and go..   
hashkey

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 11:28:15 PM

It doesn't remove it.  It simply stops it from connecting; it starts, and seems to hang.  I disable the AVG anti-virus, and it starts and does everything normally.  If I enable the anti-virus while cvg is running, and it continues for a bit then stops.  I've added the whole directory as something to exclude from scans but that doesn't do it.

Can you post any error messages that appears when cgminer crashes? Have you checked AVG's network connection permissions? It might be the case that AVG has blocked any network connections for the cgminer program, just like what Norton does. Unblock cgminer if that's the case.

[WTS] 📞 Voice Call & 📩 SMS PV Services 📲 [non-US] ⏱️ Fast Service ✔️️✔️️✔️️ |
"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you." ~ Puppet Master
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: