Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:54:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Veriphant — A system for verifying and storing data  (Read 1330 times)
Veriphant (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2017, 03:02:01 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 11:16:56 AM by Veriphant

Veriphant A system for verifying and storing data using decentralised technology.

What is Veriphant?

Veriphant allows you to irrevocably prove the existence and immutability of any data, in any format, in any size. Our technology provides the platform to create addition only databases. Records within these databases cannot be edited or removed.

What does the platform do?

Veriphant is a next generation platform for creating all kinds of tools and applications using the Bitcoin Blockchain. Records can be utilised to store unchangable plain-text, data, encrypted data, software application data, and more. The processes we use are completely, provable and transparent. If need be (e.g. for regulatory, audit or legal reasons), you may contact us and we’ll help you to permanently refute anyone who asserts otherwise.

Why consider Veriphant?

If you need to create any kind of list that doesn’t change – then Veriphant is for you! Our platform allows for a legally provable audit trail. Veriphant can even be used to eliminate the need for a central server!

Do I need access to crypto-currency to make use of this?

Although we accept Bitcoin as payment, having crypto-currency is not a requirement and you can pay for the cost of using the service in normal fiat currency.

Are Veriphant database records solidified upon entry?

All Veriphant database records are stored in a database which only allows record additions. These databases are periodically saved, with their digital finger-print stored in the irreversible Bitcoin Blockchain. This creates an audit trail allowing provability.

What is the Bitcoin Blockchain?

The Bitcoin Blockchain is a distributed mechanism to lock in data, making it immutable, verifiable and independently auditable. The Bitcoin Blockchain is the transaction ledger for the secure digital currency and payment system called Bitcoin. Veriphant utilises this ledger to allow you to secure an unlimited amount of general purpose data!

One way to look at the platform is to compare it to offering unlimited books, each with an unlimited amount of blank pages to fill. Each book can have its own title and owner, and can even be encrypted and kept secret. Writing within any given book must start from the first page and once the page has been written, it cannot be scrubbed, or torn out! You would have to imagine that these books are also indestructible – as Veriphant hosts your database completely decentrally!

Try it out

Try it out by using our demonstration form on the home page: https://veriphant.com

We would love to discuss this, so feel free to ask anything!
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:37:04 AM

Is it large enough to store my forthcoming Altiphantidae coins?  Tongue Tongue Tongue
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 904

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:00:39 AM

So this is some kind of a Zippyshare,Dropbox,Google Drive alternative?
What makes this service better than all the above?

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 10:29:35 AM

I like the idea...however after trying out the demo,I did not feel any indifferent from signing messages from a bitcoin address.To extend it further,we can use keybase.io to use alternate keys for legal verification purposes.You have just clubbed it altogether into a web app.
Veriphant (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 01:17:56 AM

I like the idea...however after trying out the demo,I did not feel any indifferent from signing messages from a Bitcoin address.To extend it further,we can use keybase.io to use alternate keys for legal verification purposes.You have just clubbed it altogether into a web app.

A Veriphant Ledger is a lot more than just signing a message from a bitcoin address. Veriphant Ledgers allow you to design any kind of addition only database. This is then legally provable to have only ever taken on new records. Ledgers are also hosted decentrally, on top of being solidified by the largest decentralised unmodifiable ledger on the planet! (Bitcoin Blockchain)

Veriphant (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 01:26:02 AM

So this is some kind of a Zippyshare,Dropbox,Google Drive alternative?
What makes this service better than all the above?

Not exactly, although, if you needed for some reason to store data in a fixed order, or if you required that the data cannot be changed, Veriphant would be great for you (You could also encrypt your data so only you or your organisation could know what it was).
Veriphant (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 01:34:59 AM

Is it large enough to store my forthcoming Altiphantidae coins?  Tongue Tongue Tongue

We checked, and it is!

In fact, you can store an almost unlimited amount of data!
eddyfly

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 07:50:01 AM

We checked, and it is!

In fact, you can store an almost unlimited amount of data!
I want to try this,I'll post my feedback soon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: