Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:23:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Democracy and Voting = a choice?  (Read 3951 times)
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:30:08 PM

I thought I'd share my thoughts on here since this site seems to be quite libertarian friendly.

Does democracy provide real choice because you get to vote every 4 years?

What if you take that concept for anything else, let's say cars. There is only 1 car company in the world, Ford. You get to send Ford your suggestion every 4 years "I want SUV" or "I want fuel efficiency" or "I want a convertible" or "I want a pickup truck". And whatever suggestion was most popular, Ford would do that for the next 4 years.
Do you still call that having a choice?

Yes that is. But the outcome might not be what you voted for but will the the outcome majority of people voted for.
It's not about the company, it's about the model everyone (larger of them) wants.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zeneize

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:07:39 PM

This is a nice example, I will use it myself. The choice between the different colored or flavored versions of the same product.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
leshidogv2

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:39:45 PM

I think it's not about the choice of just yourself but the choice of the majority.  It will not be elected or released(like the cars)  it it wasn't the choice of the majority of users. Thus, every vote counts. 
NobleNation

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 02:04:03 PM

Democracy means a system of governance by the whole population. Unfortunately, none of the currently practiced forms of democracy come close to the vision of democracy and what we have is a greatly perverted form of democracy. This is especially so where it creates various new classes of rulers (i.e. politicians, political parties, bureaucrats and too big to fail corporations), to replace the dictators and monarchs, etc.. that democracy is supposed to replace.

That being said, enabling a whole populace to have their say in governance, setting policy, etc., was rife with practical difficulties.. that is until now. Today we have the technology to put the power of governance in the hands of every individuall citizen. And yes - it involves using crypto and blockchain technology.

This is precisely what we are working on.

Implementation of true direct democracy would create a paradigm shift in governance, economics and society, by enabling every individual to take control of their destinies. It has the potential to end corruption, end wars and eliminate poverty. Please check us out and join the effort - Noble Nation.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: