Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:53:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: **AUCTION** Selling 3500+ Bitcoin/Altcoin Trader Emails Collected During IPO  (Read 682 times)
Unum (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 05:57:02 AM

Hello everyone,

A couple years ago (back in 2014) we launched Unum (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598375.0) , it ended up not being a successful coin in the end, but I'm here today offering to sell the 3500+ emails we collected of Bitcoin/Altcoin traders and users for our IPO distribution which took place at the launch of the coin.

Only planning to sell this list to one user, it will be useful for you if you ever launch an alt-currency or if you start a bitcoin/alt-currency related business or service, or perhaps drive traffic to a crypto related site.

I would prefer to receive bids in Monero, and probably would be comfortable selling for around 200 Monero right now if you want to buy it now.

I will consider bids in any major alt-currency or Bitcoin however, but do prefer Monero.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shkembe
Legendary

Activity: 1559
Merit: 1001

Epic Private Internet Cash

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 07:51:47 AM

These addresses can be used for other, much more terrible things. I do not think it is right to sell them, first you have no consent of the owners to do, and second, create a dangerous precedent.
ETCethereum

Activity: 451
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 07:58:30 AM

is bad service
not guard client data but youre selling privacy your client
Unum (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 01:43:35 PM

These addresses can be used for other, much more terrible things. I do not think it is right to sell them, first you have no consent of the owners to do, and second, create a dangerous precedent.

Anything can be used for "much more terrible things," including crypto currencies as a whole may I add, but each is responsible for their own actions. I have consent of everyone who signed up to my mailing list as it was done through Mailchimp ( user had to sign up + verify email + agree that they were agreeing to opt in). This is completely fine as long as the option to opt out is included by whoever may purchase this in the future.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 07:44:19 AM

Anything can be used for "much more terrible things," including crypto currencies as a whole may I add, but each is responsible for their own actions. I have consent of everyone who signed up to my mailing list as it was done through Mailchimp ( user had to sign up + verify email + agree that they were agreeing to opt in). This is completely fine as long as the option to opt out is included by whoever may purchase this in the future.

you have "consent" thru fine print noone reads :/ 
if any of those users were asked right now if they consented to their personal data being sold to the highest bidder i assure you they would most likely say "fuck no"

screw you man, i have left a neg to the kind of person you are.   (keep in mind trust ratings are unmoderated and user-generated)

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 12:09:55 PM

So you screwed them with ICO and coin now you want to screw them again selling there email address.Will be surprised if you don't get red feedback.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 12:38:20 PM

Yeah, I think it is not appropriate to sell their emails just like that!!!
Yes, you had their consent. But that was before & to quote CjMapope -

if any of those users were asked right now if they consented to their personal data being sold to the highest bidder i assure you they would most likely say "fuck no"

screw you man, i have left a neg to the kind of person you are.   (keep in mind trust ratings are unmoderated and user-generated)

So if any of these individuals had predicted that you will do this kind of act, I believe for sure that no one had signed up in your IPO in the first place.
Unum (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 02:22:58 PM

All the users who signed up knew that they would receive emails and were opting to give personal data. As long as you give them the chance to opt out in any communication they receive, it is perfectly ethical and alright, and since you just go around posting on the forum to up your member status and leave people bad reviews whom you've not had dealings with, I've returned the favor for you. Enjoy, dickhead.
Unum (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 02:24:22 PM

So you screwed them with ICO and coin now you want to screw them again selling there email address.Will be surprised if you don't get red feedback.

If you had read the Unum ANN thread you would be informed enough to know that the IPO was 100% free, (anyone who submitted their email was given coins) so there was 0 that we as developers made on the coin, 100% of the pre-mine was distributed 100% freely.
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 03:13:36 PM

If you look at your Ann you changed that,you were selling 25% to start with in an ICO
Unum (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 07:30:32 PM

If you look at your Ann you changed that,you were selling 25% to start with in an ICO

and as you can see nothing was actually sold in the end, no $$ was raised
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 08:08:41 PM

so as far as i can see you could have given away some free numbers on a screen JUST to collect those 3500+ emails, happens all the time, the bits you gave them cost you NOTHING, and now you are attempting to PROFIT off of it.
Justify it anyway you want, my rating stands, i would suggest NOONE do business with a shady ass like you, as you will prob sell their personal data for profit after.

BTW: since you are too shady and greedy to seem to understand:  the ETHICAL thing to do would be DESTROY that database. PERIOD

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Unum (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 09:52:18 PM

so as far as i can see you could have given away some free numbers on a screen JUST to collect those 3500+ emails, happens all the time, the bits you gave them cost you NOTHING, and now you are attempting to PROFIT off of it.
Justify it anyway you want, my rating stands, i would suggest NOONE do business with a shady ass like you, as you will prob sell their personal data for profit after.

BTW: since you are too shady and greedy to seem to understand:  the ETHICAL thing to do would be DESTROY that database. PERIOD

lol, CjMapope wants to talk about ethics  Roll Eyes, look in the mirror, scammer https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=443338
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: