Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:41:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC Price Question  (Read 2209 times)
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:20:37 PM

What is the actual btc price?  Is there a standard site that uses the btc price?  I read some ppl use the google rate.  Others use coinbase... kraken, bitstamp etc.  I notice the price for bitstamp for bitcoin seems to be the lowest.

If thats the case, couldn't someone buy on an exchange or site for higher price then sell it on exchange for lower price?  I believe this is arbitrage.  But i assume this isn't possible due to bitcoin price moving so fast by the minute?  Or are the fees a bit too much for this?  Example if you could sell bitcoin for $600 on a site... but another site offers $605, obviously you sell on the 2nd site assuming the selling fees are the same etc.

Each exchange had their owned bitcoin price value, this will depend on the huge volume they had. Meaning, you wouldn't see any exchange that has the same exact price,.there are some higher and some are lower something like that.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 04:54:37 PM

What kind of idiot would buy high to sell low? calculate the electricity cost for mining each bitcoin and add %30 to that estimated cost and you have your price. Less electricity cost more profit.

only newbie traders who panic with different news and FUD, buy high and sell low. and you know that whenever it comes to trading, someone has to lose in order for the rest of the traders to win and make profit. there is just no other way.
Especially for those newbies are watching the trollbox at the same time, Does it give a lot of the panic feels for the newbies? Yeah most of them will selling caused by FUD from someone else.   Roll Eyes
Thats why we should not always trust on those person who are on the troll box which always says about the chills about bitcoin price and other price of other alts. Panic selling will surely arise specially to those newbies and they do believe and fall easily. Price of bitcoin is not predictable thats why make it hard to trade with it.

the name is perfect: "Troll Box"
that should be enough indication for anybody to know what is happening in there. everybody just trolling there, hyping or creating panic to get their own orders filled. although you may find some rare good information on there too.

and to be honest i dislike the idea of even having a chat option on an exchange! that is one of the reasons why i like bittrex more, they don't have these types of foolishness.
I dont know why they call it as Trollbox but still a good way to communicate with other traders and the thing you should be wary that  those informations you read on that box isnt believable anytime most of them are just fuds or wrong informations not all since there are still some legit announcements from other people either devs/people related to the coin.
But the newbies are not familiar with it. I just think if FUD was including on the black campaign with spreading misinformation for everyone else. That's very bad in my mind.

Sometimes the troll boxes can provide good answers if you ask a question, but you can't really trust what is said about the price of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies because some people are just promoting their coin or protecting their investments.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:41:19 PM

What is the actual btc price?  Is there a standard site that uses the btc price?  I read some ppl use the google rate.  Others use coinbase... kraken, bitstamp etc.  I notice the price for bitstamp for bitcoin seems to be the lowest.

If thats the case, couldn't someone buy on an exchange or site for higher price then sell it on exchange for lower price?  I believe this is arbitrage.  But i assume this isn't possible due to bitcoin price moving so fast by the minute?  Or are the fees a bit too much for this?  Example if you could sell bitcoin for $600 on a site... but another site offers $605, obviously you sell on the 2nd site assuming the selling fees are the same etc.

Each exchange had their owned bitcoin price value, this will depend on the huge volume they had. Meaning, you wouldn't see any exchange that has the same exact price,.there are some higher and some are lower something like that.
but still we can expect a very little difference in difference exchanges, otherwise most of the their price remain the same.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:46:13 PM

in most most the time the exchanges  rate is so much different, even there is a big difference in the price of bitcoin in different exchanges.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:32:15 PM

Bitcoinaverage uses all the sites together to give you an idea of the average price across the whole bitcoin exchange network.  i use it all the time and i actually think that bitsquare use it also.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: