Bitcoin Forum
November 24, 2017, 11:45:26 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Melonport [MLN] Blockchain Software for Asset Management  (Read 26956 times)
Vaelin

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 08:59:17 AM

Yes, they will have that feature once the platform is finished. The assets, of course, have to be crypto assets.

What value does the ICN token have in that use case?

The ICN token is a share. If you own 1% of ICN token, you own 1% of the Iconomi company. The ICN token pays (or will pay) dividends. It isn't any more or less useful than typical shares you would find on the NY Stock Exchange. It is not a currency.

That comparison is missing a big chunk from Iconomi, which is the ability to setup and manage your own fund, or follow other private fund managers who set themselves up on the Iconomi platform.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vaelin

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:07:38 AM

How are they different than ICN and why they don't have any official thread here?

From what I have read, it seems they are trying to enable people to setup their own hedge funds via a framework provided by smart contracts on the Ethereum platform. The founder's background implied that she had tried to setup her own hedge funds in the past, but even with a very large lump sum of £30m she had difficulty entering the marketplace because the cost of doing business was too high.

By executing the initial process via smart contracts on the Eth platform, entry conditions can be met at a much lower cost. Also there are a number of other activities that are associated with running a traditional hedge fund that can be very complex - I would guess they would also automate these via smart contracts.

So, I believe that in Melonport investment strategies and fund management falls entirely on the user, whilst the regulatory conditions and business activities are met by the smart contracts. Iconomi, on the other hand, manages the regulatory environment themselves, and simply provides a user-friendly platform on which traders can create their own funds or follow other funds.

At least that is what I have gleaned so far, and I am a bit sketchy on a few of the details. I don't think they are necessarily direct competitors, and each platform has a different use-case. Melonport strikes me as appealing to bigger fish, whereas Iconomi seems to appeal to the average Joe.

I think they don't have a thread here because they're not really born out of the crypto community.
Vaelin

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:11:19 AM

This quote from that Reddit thread does a better job of describing the differences than me:

I think yall are missing most or all of the differences. I don't even know if melonport and iconomi are competitors. Melonport seems to be trying to a blockchain version of a very well-defined real world business, a prime brokerage. Prime broker is kind of like etrade or TD Ameritrade for hedge funds and trading firms. If you're a hedge fund, you automatically need a suite of services, someone to lend you margin, someone to clear your trades, someone to lend you stock, maybe someone to do your risk management, maybe someone to validate your returns, maybe someone to lend you credibility (Bernie Madoff was his own prime broker, and could never have ran his scam had he had a regular prime broker). Melonport seems to be trying to do this for crypto hedge funds. I think eventually (many years from now) they hope that they can compete with prime brokers directly if clearing equity trades can be done on the blockchain.

Iconomi does not seem to want to be a prime broker. They seem to want to be something like a hybrid of covestor.com and an ETF issuer for the blockchain. There's no reason these business would be competitors. There non-crypto analogs do not compete at all in the normal financial world. It might be more accurate to describe iconomi as a competitor with melonport's cypto-hedge fund clients (maybe). It might even make sense for iconomi to eventually become a client of melonport.
Vaelin

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:22:08 AM

Interesting discussion about inflation in Melonport on Reddit. Includes insights from founder of Melonport:

https://www.reddit.com/r/melonproject/comments/5ok42j/melonport_contribution_vs_inflation/
X-ray

Activity: 658

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:46:47 AM

IIRC this is suppose to be a competitor to Iconomi, correct? Just a general statement, not saying its purpose is that.

Yes it is, Melon port and taas will be the competitor of iconomi, but I may think if melon port is better than taas. After I was seeing Gavin Woon already in there, and this will being bigger soon.

But is this project based on the Ether platform? Iconomi will having a friend.  Roll Eyes

I doubt this would be a friendship competition, Looking at Melon project, I think the project is more ambitious than ICONOMI, though competition is good for the space and this may turn to survival of the fittest, I know most of these projects would die soon and the best will survive because it space is getting too rowdy.

Yeah I see, Gavin wood has made it seems like the legit project soon. Both are ambitious project, iconomi already show his development of their project.
Hold 10% of byteball shares.

But i think melon will also be huge.

▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄███████████████▄▄
         ▄███████████████████████▄
       ▄██████████████████▀ ▀███████▄
     ▄██████████████████▀    ▄████████
    ██████████████████▀    ▄███████████▄
   ██████████████████    ▄██████████████
  ████████████████ ▀██▄   ▀██████████████
  ███████████████▄   ▀██▄   ▀████████████
 ▐████████████▀ ▀██▄   ▀██▄   ███████████▌
 ▐███████████▄    ▀██▄   ▀██▄████████████▌
 ▐█████████████▄    ▀██▄ ▄███████████████▌
  ▀██████████████▄    ▀██████████████████
   █████████████▀    ▄██████████████████
    ▀█████████▀    ▄███████████████████
      ███████▄   ▄███████████████████
        ███████▄███████████████████
          ▀▀████████████████████▀
               ▀███████████▀

..ETHLend..1
[ Slack ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ]
▬▬ [ Bounty ] [ Facebook ] ▬▬
[ DAPP Thread ] [ ICO Thread ]
X-ray

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 09:50:48 AM

IIRC this is suppose to be a competitor to Iconomi, correct? Just a general statement, not saying its purpose is that.

Yes it is, Melon port and taas will be the competitor of iconomi

Does Iconomi let anyone set up a porfolio with whatever assets they want, or are the iconomi portfolios all centrally run by the iconomi team?
It's really clear, fella. It is the main target of iconomi platform but in this time they're on the middle way of their journey. So melon is also really promising for me.

ICONOMI OPEN FUND MANAGEMENT (OFM) PLATFORM is the final stage of ICONOMI. The OFM platform will enable everyone to introduce and manage their own crypto investment funds and attract investors who share the same investing philosophy. While the OFM platform will be open to everyone, the integrity of the platform will be safeguarded by ICONOMI with a comprehensive system of checks & balances.
https://ico.iconomi.net/faq

▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄███████████████▄▄
          ▀▀████████████████████▀
               ▀███████████▀

..ETHLend..1
Vaelin

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 10:25:29 AM

Does Iconomi let anyone set up a porfolio with whatever assets they want, or are the iconomi portfolios all centrally run by the iconomi team?
It's really clear, fella. It is the main target of iconomi platform but in this time they're on the middle way of their journey. So melon is also really promising for me.

ICONOMI OPEN FUND MANAGEMENT (OFM) PLATFORM is the final stage of ICONOMI. The OFM platform will enable everyone to introduce and manage their own crypto investment funds and attract investors who share the same investing philosophy. While the OFM platform will be open to everyone, the integrity of the platform will be safeguarded by ICONOMI with a comprehensive system of checks & balances.

I agree. I think both have a lot of potential and each has a separate niche.
sulec70

Activity: 241

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:26:30 PM

Hi Dev or everyone, how much total tokens of Melonport will be created?

ETH : 0xA94e4DA7AC2b050ec8b7d7ba09F8A4EDEe3B9028
Vaelin

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:31:34 PM

This isn't an official thread. Look at this link which I had posted above:

https://www.reddit.com/r/melonproject/comments/5ok42j/melonport_contribution_vs_inflation/
electronicash

Activity: 770

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 12:51:01 PM

the are up for bitcoin and eth so why are they not here in the forum? one reason that i can think of is that they don't want to be accused of scam which most of us will really think they are for not going here. having no thread here in bitcointalk is somewhat better because researchers uses the threads for reference. even coinmarketcap link them to thier list of coins.

sulec70

Activity: 241

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:51:35 PM

Hmm...I guess this is the official thread of Melonport project.
OK, thanks @Vaelin

ETH : 0xA94e4DA7AC2b050ec8b7d7ba09F8A4EDEe3B9028
houseo

Activity: 118

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:59:44 PM

It's 1,250,000 + yearly inflation which is fixed at no more than 50% annually. Likely to be 20-30% and this rate is set by token holders. Naturally you'd think they'll want to set it at a low amount to not get diluted, but on the flip side, they will want to make it high enough to incentivize module developers to create good products to grow the platform.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 01:01:14 PM

I listened an interview with them a while ago. and did not sounded like an investment platform as ICONOMI but more like a linking different platforms together. Maybe I shoudl listen more carefully. But I guess this should be put in OP: https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/epicenter-158-reto-trinkler-mona-el-isa-the-polkadot-protocol-one-blockchain-to-connect-them-all

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
houseo

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:41:27 PM

I listened an interview with them a while ago. and did not sounded like an investment platform as ICONOMI but more like a linking different platforms together. Maybe I shoudl listen more carefully. But I guess this should be put in OP: https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/epicenter-158-reto-trinkler-mona-el-isa-the-polkadot-protocol-one-blockchain-to-connect-them-all

That podcast is about Polkadot, not Melonport. Melonport is the asset management platform, Polkadot is the 'blockchain to connect them all'
X-ray

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 08:37:23 AM

I agree. I think both have a lot of potential and each has a separate niche.
But i was feeling curious about his crowdfunding. does melon port using the fixed rate for his crowdsale? but i can say if the other like taas don't make me feeling interesting with it. I really like gavin wood on the melonport.  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄███████████████▄▄
          ▀▀████████████████████▀
               ▀███████████▀

..ETHLend..1
X-ray

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 08:41:33 AM

the are up for bitcoin and eth so why are they not here in the forum? one reason that i can think of is that they don't want to be accused of scam which most of us will really think they are for not going here. having no thread here in bitcointalk is somewhat better because researchers uses the threads for reference. even coinmarketcap link them to thier list of coins.
Too many trolls in here, at least gavin has backed the project and I think it isn't possible for the project to be as a scam project.
They may make an announcement thread in here after their crowdfunding is already finished. But not for this time. i'll keep my eyes on there.

▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄███████████████▄▄
          ▀▀████████████████████▀
               ▀███████████▀

..ETHLend..1
houseo

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 11:51:00 AM

But i was feeling curious about his crowdfunding. does melon port using the fixed rate for his crowdsale? but i can say if the other like taas don't make me feeling interesting with it. I really like gavin wood on the melonport.  Grin

yes. it's 5 CHF (swiss francs) per token. Right now 1 token is 0.4605 ETH. They will lock a CHF/ETH price in the coming days. There are 500,000 tokens for sale. I expect it to sell out quickly.
thepo1m

Activity: 448

Japan open the Blocks

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 12:07:33 PM

yes. it's 5 CHF (swiss francs) per token. Right now 1 token is 0.4605 ETH. They will lock a CHF/ETH price in the coming days. There are 500,000 tokens for sale. I expect it to sell out quickly.

At the rate of 5 CHF that means they are looking to raise around $2.5 million for the first ICO and the development team would keep 250,000 tokens. I don't think this is fair distribution, I would pass this one, if the price dump I would get into it

█████████████████      ████████▄     ███████▄      ▄▄████▄▄     ███████▄ 
█████████████████ ▐█   ███▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀███    ███▀▀▀███▄
█████████████████ ▐█   ███     ███   ███▄▄▄███▀  ███      ███   ███▄▄▄███▀
█████████████████ ▐█   ███     ███   ███████▀    ███      ███   ███████▀ 
█████████████████ ▐█   ███▄▄▄▄███▀   ███  ▀██▄    ███▄▄▄▄███    ███
█████████████████ ▐█   ████████▀     ███   ▀██▄    ▀▀████▀▀     ███
█████████████████ ▐█
█████████████████ ▐█   ████████▄     █████████    ▄██████▄   ███   ▄███▀
█████████████████ ▐█   ███▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀   ████▀▀██▀   ███ ▄███▀
█████████████████ ▐█   ███     ███   ███▄▄▄▄▄   ████         ██████▀
█████████████████ ▐█   ███     ███   ███▀▀▀▀▀   ████         ███▀███▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐█   ███▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████▄▄██▄   ███  ▀███▄
  ██████████████████   ████████▀     █████████    ▀██████▀   ███    ▀███▄
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███
█  ███

█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██

██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █

███  █
███  █
███  █
███  █
███  █
███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
brigabriela470

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 12:54:49 PM

How are they different than ICN and why they don't have any official thread here?

i think they have many official thread here and they do not like to reveal before us..
houseo

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 01:19:48 PM

At the rate of 5 CHF that means they are looking to raise around $2.5 million for the first ICO and the development team would keep 250,000 tokens. I don't think this is fair distribution, I would pass this one, if the price dump I would get into it

There's a total of 1.25M tokens. Iconomi has a market cap of 38M. If Melon matches that market cap, each token is worth $30.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.