Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:17:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How did Bitcoin start to price increase?  (Read 9989 times)
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:46:36 PM

Bitcoin prices have been increasing since it was founded in 2009. It has not dropped back to the prices back then. The prices is primarily driven by supply and demand and not really anything else. If people want to buy bitcoin at that price and people want to sell at the same price, that what determines the prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pokerplayer

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:06:05 PM

Start will maybe come again here nobody cant know that but I am really sure that it will never be like before growing maybe similar to start if somebody push bitcoin price.
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:30:23 PM

Start will maybe come again here nobody cant know that but I am really sure that it will never be like before growing maybe similar to start if somebody push bitcoin price.
I did not understand one bit  Huh Do you meant to be funny here as i cannot match anything what you have said.The price of bitcoin is directly dependent on the number of people interested in the coin and if things are good we could expect the EFT to be accepted this year so that the price rises again.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:34:41 PM

of course bitcoin price is not going to come back to the low prices it was before, but it might actually drop a little bit before starting to grow once again, hopefully it will make us all some decent money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 11:08:29 AM

of course bitcoin price is not going to come back to the low prices it was before, but it might actually drop a little bit before starting to grow once again, hopefully it will make us all some decent money.
Bitcoin now has 8 years behind it! It is fast maturing and becoming more formidable, so much so that dumping it can no longer be a walk over as was the case when only a handful of people were interested and holding it. Right now its market capitalization stood at $18,235,539,835 and that speaks volume of the level of acceptance of Bitcoin. What we shall be seeing is some occasional drops in price, which sooner or later gets corrected as Bitcoin is really destined for the moon.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:21:45 PM

Bitcoin prices have been increasing since it was founded in 2009. It has not dropped back to the prices back then. The prices is primarily driven by supply and demand and not really anything else. If people want to buy bitcoin at that price and people want to sell at the same price, that what determines the prices.
from 2009 to date in 2017. bitcoin users continues to grow so the demand of bitcoin automatically increase. That's why bitcoin prices continue to rise from the first time launching
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 02:26:49 PM

Bitcoin's value is constantly increasing. Why is the price of bitcoin increasing over time?
Bitcoin price increases and decrease based upon the demand to supply in correspondence to time. Other than this the price movement happens based upon the updation in the technology.
It depends of the supply and demand of the bitcoin to increase its price it self if you see the graph of bitcoin it always increase that fast and decrease that fast some said people are making fake volume to make jump on the price of bitcoins but if theres an good news is the price of bitcoin now is stable into $1100 up!

just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:20:31 PM

The same way everything else acquire its value, the law of supply and demand. Fortunately bitcoin is a limited supply. So if new demand arises, the price will easily rise too. Unfortunately, the volume is still low that whales can still manipulate the price by dumping and pumping bitcoins.

I agree on the "supply and demand" part, but I don't think "whales" are really manipulating the Bitcoin's price these days. To do that you have to risk millions or rather dozens of millions of USD. I doubt people are doing that actually.
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 04:26:21 PM

Bitcoin's value is constantly increasing. Why is the price of bitcoin increasing over time?
Maybe because of the whale incoming investors into bitcoin everyday. Aside from it there are lot of people too in different places came into bitcoin out of their curiosity and the huge volume of bitcoin was also have fast development. Meaning the rising up of bitcoin cannot be stop anymore because many people right now are getting to like bitcoin all around the world
eduaro66

Activity: 284

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:47:10 PM

Maybe because of the whale incoming investors into bitcoin everyday. Aside from it there are lot of people too in different places came into bitcoin out of their curiosity and the huge volume of bitcoin was also have fast development. Meaning the rising up of bitcoin cannot be stop anymore because many people right now are getting to like bitcoin all around the world
This year bitcoin little summed users. Everyone is so happy that the price went up and then immediately fell on several indicators. This is bad.
cryptoblazter

Activity: 421
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 11:49:05 PM

Because many investors are coming into bitcoin system. Actually, there many big companies are now accepted bitcoin in different countries, like in China, Australia, Europe, Singapore, Korean, Japan, and other's. and the people's demand now is high, so no wonder why the price is like a skyrocket. Cheesy

fravia

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:10:19 AM

Bitcoin price started to increase during december last 2016 and it became stable at around $900 and climp up faster and reached at $1000, then at january it lowers down a little bit. Now in february the price spikes up over $1000 and still climbing up higher and higher, so the as we see the demand really moving fast and people were almost adopting it as days past by.
that is true, it is really cool to see bitcoin price not going back down to anything less than 1 thousand dollars and I think it will never come back to such low prices

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:23:50 AM

The same way everything else acquire its value, the law of supply and demand. Fortunately bitcoin is a limited supply. So if new demand arises, the price will easily rise too. Unfortunately, the volume is still low that whales can still manipulate the price by dumping and pumping bitcoins.

I agree on the "supply and demand" part, but I don't think "whales" are really manipulating the Bitcoin's price these days. To do that you have to risk millions or rather dozens of millions of USD. I doubt people are doing that actually.
The bigger the market cap the harder it is to influence it by single whale, but it is not impossible.
We know that there are old early adopters who own around 1% of all coins, it should be still easy for them to cause disturbance if they wanted.
There is more than certain - if Roger Ver or Winklevoss twins would dump their coins price of BTC would crash.
Plus, we have many more unknown bitcoin whales that are not eager to publicly flaunt their prosperity.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 01:25:46 AM

Because many investors are coming into bitcoin system. Actually, there many big companies are now accepted bitcoin in different countries, like in China, Australia, Europe, Singapore, Korean, Japan, and other's. and the people's demand now is high, so no wonder why the price is like a skyrocket. Cheesy
The more we see new companies starting to accept bitcoin the better it will be for everyone. I am seeing small and large businesses alike accepting bitcoin now and the price just keeps going up with it.

When you start to see companies like Microsoft and Dell accepting bitcoin it makes more people aware of the currency, a bigger audience will bring with it bigger adoption of the currency.

chrisivl

Activity: 149

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:23:47 AM

The more we see new companies starting to accept bitcoin the better it will be for everyone. I am seeing small and large businesses alike accepting bitcoin now and the price just keeps going up with it.

When you start to see companies like Microsoft and Dell accepting bitcoin it makes more people aware of the currency, a bigger audience will bring with it bigger adoption of the currency.
If after these companies can push Bitcoin, it also is possible to do with other companies. But then these companies will report to the tax on their income if bitcoin is not officially recognized.
one-day0

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:49:30 AM

The bigger the market cap the harder it is to influence it by single whale, but it is not impossible.
We know that there are old early adopters who own around 1% of all coins, it should be still easy for them to cause disturbance if they wanted.
There is more than certain - if Roger Ver or Winklevoss twins would dump their coins price of BTC would crash.
Plus, we have many more unknown bitcoin whales that are not eager to publicly flaunt their prosperity.

How can they affect the price of bitcoin? All the same, when this feature is necessary to create a company or syndicate it, otherwise it will not work.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:16:48 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2017, 08:07:22 AM by ImHash

Might as well gets trashed by mods.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:26:39 AM

I agree with these because this is just a simple supply and demand and when those big companies would continue to accept bitcoin then expected prices will do soar high even more and would reach up to the amount that we didnt expect as long adoption is on process bitcoins price does really move up.

elena-tur

Activity: 284

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:29:31 AM

You couldn't be more wrong, of course when sell orders volume is higher than buy orders volume it naturally cause the price to fall, let them dump all they want but why people would buy at all? because bitcoin has proven to be tamper proof and miners are the witnesses of the integrity and network fairness and it is in their best interest to keep it that way bitcoin has become valuable because no one/organization/individual/agency can change anything from the inside, it's like an invisible vault that only appears to those with the magical key(private key) and you can be completely assured that it will stay untouched, so what happens when you deposit money in a bank? they will just tell you that you have X amount and it is safe while the real money is some where else in the hands of others but you can see that the entire world is running on the words of the banks.

Now we have the same thing similar to those words just in a digital form, but most importantly is the potential possibility of you and I with any other ordinary people to generate those valuable words by ourselves while only central banks have the means and the authority to do that with their fiat money.
I think that we very much underestimate the administration of trade exchanges and the major holders of bitcoin. Yet their effect, while not legitimate, but still present. Fiat is a special case, but many already want to equate bitcoin before.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 05:41:49 AM

bitcoin has not spread throughout the world, many people in various countries began to recognize and use bitcoin making the demand to rise and the price is also automatically rise
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: