Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:54:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UBQ] Ubiq - Smart Contracts For An Automated World  (Read 331587 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:27:22 AM

Ubiq is the new Ethereum, you should actually read and pay attention, do some research for yourself. People aren't your personal servants if you don't understand or know what is going on, neither if you have no idea what it is.

Hmmm, I just re-read my message and in no way am I treating people like my personal servant(s). You need to totally chill mate.

I did some research but nothing major jumped out at me that makes this the new Ethereum.

You can't just clone a coin and say that this is the new coin.

Ethereum is the king and if a coin is going to aim for the king they better have a really good reason for it.

I can't find that reason here.

This is a good coin, has some decent devs, yes. Could it be a $1 billion coin one day? Sure, it's happening more and more.

Ethereum is trying to be the new Bitcoin, do you realise how much effort that has taken? How many hundreds of developers had to come together to even have a shot of taking on Bitcoin.

They built multiple clients around an entire new model to do that.

For a coin to do the same to Ethereum would also require a similar amount of staggering work.

I have no doubt UBIQ is heading places, and you can all be very rich without aiming for the king.

But to say something is the new Ethereum needs some backing up, and you, Duomo, don't have it. You have insults and nothing else.

Duomo, go away and let an adult respond.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:28:16 AM

Transactions from desktop wallet are not working - just tried to send 0.2UBQ with 0.01 per million gas, then 0.3UBQ with 0.02 per million gas, now I'm trying to send 1UBQ... Transactions just not working (and not showing either). They're disappearing after ~1 hour, like they never existed.
https://image.prntscr.com/image/6f5497d46b79473f8fa0abb027b39aee.png
https://ubiqscan.io/en/tx/0x77ef2e73fc9fd437cdb279cf16f9aa2d5cd0a727fe01b92c2abef7db626511dd
Could anyone be of help here?

upd: That's how it looks when transaction was opened in desktop wallet and more than 1 hour passed
https://image.prntscr.com/image/62ec060f556a4e4a8a2c5114f41f8c8c.png

Having the same problem myself, txs never confirm regardless of fee then disappear.
MPeon

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Miningpeon.net

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 05:34:41 AM

Transactions from desktop wallet are not working - just tried to send 0.2UBQ with 0.01 per million gas, then 0.3UBQ with 0.02 per million gas, now I'm trying to send 1UBQ... Transactions just not working (and not showing either). They're disappearing after ~1 hour, like they never existed.
https://ubiqscan.io/en/tx/0x77ef2e73fc9fd437cdb279cf16f9aa2d5cd0a727fe01b92c2abef7db626511dd

upd: That's how it looks when transaction was opened in desktop wallet and more than 1 hour passed

Having the same problem myself, txs never confirm regardless of fee then disappear.

Looks like you are still 8 minutes behind the block height , wait for full resynch then try sending again.

doch

Activity: 371

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:45:10 AM

Looks like you are still 8 minutes behind the block height , wait for full resynch then try sending again.

According to the wallet that's time since last block, and my wallet's height is the same as the block explorer, so I'm pretty sure I'm fully synced.
Embat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 501

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:54:44 AM

The project looks more than fine and promising count me on a board

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
MPeon

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Miningpeon.net

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 06:28:22 AM

According to the wallet that's time since last block, and my wallet's height is the same as the block explorer, so I'm pretty sure I'm fully synced.

Quite odd then , I can send and receive funds just fine.

Try to come by the slack and report it to @ubiq-julian he can help you out better probably.

Edit: are you on the latest fusion version by the way ?

Infraction

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:04:12 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 02:22:36 PM by Infraction

(Deleted mining question)
--Edit: Nevermind payment came through eventually, finally in the game! Cheesy
TheAwkwardBrit

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:11:06 AM

What makes UBIQ different to Ethereum, honestly asking here I am interesting in buying some but need a good reason. Smiley

I have read some of this thread but still can't pick out the big differentiators.

As far as I can tell, absolutely nothing except for the fact that they want to let Etheruem make the first move making innovations then copy whatever works out for them. The only thing that I've seen people trying to sell this coin as is "like ETH but without a hard fork". This just doesn't cut it for me. ETH is already tried and tested and proven to be king. UBQ just seems to be as useless as ETC, where it has all the same functionality as ETH, but almost nobody that actually uses it. So it's price is simply driven by speculators who see it as a cheap Etheruem.
imconfusedman
Copper Member

Activity: 114

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:58:10 AM

What makes UBIQ different to Ethereum, honestly asking here I am interesting in buying some but need a good reason. Smiley

I have read some of this thread but still can't pick out the big differentiators.

Also waiting for an answer to this question.
Odrak

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:25:57 PM

This guy made a video about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWXEVXmoHzA&t
butterWheelz

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 02:18:38 PM

So his answer is "UBIQ is awesome because they are going to do exactly what ETH is doing..but not the new stuff..thus making them the STABLE version of ETH"

Then he used Windows 7 and Windows 10 as a comparison saying "UBIQ is the Windows 7 of Windows, while ETH is Windows 10"

Okay.

I'm not convinced by this. Does anything stop ETH having a stable release of their chain out as well?
kashking

Activity: 289

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 03:05:15 PM

If you have questions I would highly suggest joining slack here: http://slack.ubiqsmart.com/

Bitcointalk isn't the greatest medium to discuss stuff (too slow of a back and forth) and many community members don't spend any time on here because it's a chore to read BCT FUD all day long.

kashking

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 03:07:25 PM

So his answer is "UBIQ is awesome because they are going to do exactly what ETH is doing..but not the new stuff..thus making them the STABLE version of ETH"

Then he used Windows 7 and Windows 10 as a comparison saying "UBIQ is the Windows 7 of Windows, while ETH is Windows 10"

Okay.

I'm not convinced by this. Does anything stop ETH having a stable release of their chain out as well?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. If you don't see the value in a better tested, more stable, less forkey version of ETH then maybe this coin just isn't for you, and that's fine. Nobody is trying to force you to buy Smiley

These developers have been working on coins since ~2014 and their first project Jumbucks (JBS) was the most stable and reliable Proof of Stake coin I've ever run, and I've run at least a dozen of them.

kashking

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 03:08:01 PM

(Deleted mining question)
--Edit: Nevermind payment came through eventually, finally in the game! Cheesy

Glad you got your pay out, was going to message the pool operator if I could and see if something had stopped working Wink

Apollo777

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 03:58:45 PM

I like low-key undervalued projects. UBIQ about to get more attention soon based on the price action alone.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▌▌  PROPY  ▐▐▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▬▬▬▬  Global Property Store with Decentralized Title Registry  ▬▬▬▬
  Slack      Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      Bitcointalk      Medium      Reddit 
spacezx

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:45:11 PM

What is Ubiq? For non-techy Crypto Enthusiasts

Ubiq is the stable, enterprise-ready build of the Ethereum blockchain. Ethereum is a cutting edge technology that is continuously evolving and leading in development but, as a result, is consistently in an alpha stage.

There is nothing wrong with an alpha stage, as it is where the majority of advancement occurs. However, for enterprise-wide solutions, an alpha technology is far too risky to release.

It contains bugs and vulnerabilities that cost large sums of money to fix and update at later stages. Take windows for example with the recent ransom-ware attack on over 200,000 pc’s in over 150 countries; this is the reason the massive companies worldwide are still using Windows 7 and not the unstable, untested and most of all vulnerable windows 10 build. As such, for large scale enterprise applications, a stable build with all working features are preferred. This is Ubiq’s value proposition, the reason it’s on the map, and the reason the community behind it consists of some of the brightest and most experienced individuals in cryptocurrency.

Ubiq will only take tried and tested features from Ethereum to implement on to the Ubiq blockchain.

The team is led by Julian Yap, a cryptocurrency code auditor for the Bittrex exchange; i.e. the one person that reviews the code for any cryptocurrency that requests listing on Bittrex.

https://medium.com/@crypto_addict/what-is-ubiq-for-non-techy-crypto-enthusiasts-f8987f36f876
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:16:08 PM

Ubiq is the stable, enterprise-ready build of the Ethereum blockchain. Ethereum is a cutting edge technology that is continuously evolving and leading in development but, as a result, is consistently in an alpha stage.

There is nothing wrong with an alpha stage, as it is where the majority of advancement occurs. However, for enterprise-wide solutions, an alpha technology is far too risky to release.

It contains bugs and vulnerabilities that cost large sums of money to fix and update at later stages. Take windows for example with the recent ransom-ware attack on over 200,000 pc’s in over 150 countries; this is the reason the massive companies worldwide are still using Windows 7 and not the unstable, untested and most of all vulnerable windows 10 build. As such, for large scale enterprise applications, a stable build with all working features are preferred. This is Ubiq’s value proposition, the reason it’s on the map, and the reason the community behind it consists of some of the brightest and most experienced individuals in cryptocurrency.

Ubiq will only take tried and tested features from Ethereum to implement on to the Ubiq blockchain.

The team is led by Julian Yap, a cryptocurrency code auditor for the Bittrex exchange; i.e. the one person that reviews the code for any cryptocurrency that requests listing on Bittrex.

https://medium.com/@crypto_addict/what-is-ubiq-for-non-techy-crypto-enthusiasts-f8987f36f876

How original. So it is not an Ethereum clone, it is an Ethereum Classic clone!

It's like when you take a shit, and you try to take another one that looks exactly the same.

Dare I say scam? No. Dare I say shitcoin? Yes.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 06:17:39 PM

It's like when you take a shit, and you try to take another one that looks and smells exactly like the first shit. But then the second one actually turns out even worse than the first, like diarrhea.
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 08:27:17 PM

It's like when you take a shit, and you try to take another one that looks and smells exactly like the first shit. But then the second one actually turns out even worse than the first, like diarrhea.

Ethereum classic doesn't have any developers. Ubiq is much better.

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
Gatorelf

Activity: 845
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:38:14 PM

dont care as long as price keeps going up
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: