Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:48:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain technology in apps development  (Read 729 times)
freemanjackal (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 06:08:59 PM

i have seen here in many topics the ANN  of aplications developments using the blockchain technology as a support(base) of the site or app developed. But i dont understand what is behind this and how blockchain tech can be used for this pourpuse. Can someone explain to me  in general terms??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fikihafana

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:08:48 PM

i have seen here in many topics the ANN  of aplications developments using the blockchain technology as a support(base) of the site or app developed. But i dont understand what is behind this and how blockchain tech can be used for this pourpuse. Can someone explain to me  in general terms??

Afaik, blockchain used only for payment and other related project, or blockchain can be used for asset management. The easiest way is used for gaming purpose
freemanjackal (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:04:18 PM

Afaik, blockchain used only for payment and other related project, or blockchain can be used for asset management. The easiest way is used for gaming purpose
i know all that, iwant to know how can blockchain tech be used for these pourpuses, what is behind that, cause i want to understand. if there is link to any related work or explanation ill be greatfull, or someone with experience in the subject
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 07:35:15 PM

A blockchain can be seen as a great database with many functionnalities, and really maleable, so if you have the required knowledge, you can ask a blockchain do to what ever you want.
Nowadays we have several blockchain types :

- C/C++/C# blockchains : Bitcoin, Litecoin, Blackcoin, altcoins, shitcoins.
- Go : Ethereum, Ethereum classic.
- JavaScript : Lisk, WAVES (i guess)
- Java : NXT, Ardor

And i am sure there are some more of them, there is even an AI powered blockchain who is slowly borning.
So, as long as you have the ideas, and the knowledge, sky is the limit, you can do what ever you dream to.

Now regarding algos, i don't know if someone created a blockchain without Algo or need to proof of something, but there are some great algos here, and proofs, SlimeCoin is ProofOfBurn and ProofOfWork, and ProofofStake, there are many more proofs, it is up to you to determine the most suitable one for your project.

I conclude saying that, get the knowledre, the rest will comme by itself.
freemanjackal (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 08:49:47 PM

A blockchain can be seen as a great database with many functionnalities, and really maleable, so if you have the required knowledge, you can ask a blockchain do to what ever you want.

And i am sure there are some more of them, there is even an AI powered blockchain who is slowly borning.
So, as long as you have the ideas, and the knowledge, sky is the limit, you can do what ever you dream to.

Now regarding algos, i don't know if someone created a blockchain without Algo or need to proof of something, but there are some great algos here, and proofs, SlimeCoin is ProofOfBurn and ProofOfWork, and ProofofStake, there are many more proofs, it is up to you to determine the most suitable one for your project.

ive got a basic idea,but when you mean like a db with many functionalities, what kind of, beacause as i far as i understand never mind the blockchain(bitcoin ethereum) what is contained in it in information realated with the block and its transactions, for validating new txs and so on(at less that there are more information that i dont know right now in the blockchain) haw can this information be used with for that..
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 03:37:58 PM

ive got a basic idea,but when you mean like a db with many functionalities, what kind of, beacause as i far as i understand never mind the blockchain(bitcoin ethereum) what is contained in it in information realated with the block and its transactions, for validating new txs and so on(at less that there are more information that i dont know right now in the blockchain) haw can this information be used with for that..

The basic idea is that as long as you have a database and a programme who can fetch and use the gathered and stored informations in the database, then you can do what you want with it.
Just a question, are you familiar with web development ?
If yes, then it is the same, except that it is built with annother language, with extended features and capacities defined by the programmer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: