Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:26:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: goxgui - a Graphical Bitcoin Trading Tool for MtGox  (Read 29575 times)
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:03:20 PM

any hope for stop orders and such?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sebastopol (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 09:27:54 PM

Vote for the next feature on reddit!
mrlithium

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:05:20 AM

any hope for stop orders and such?

Yes, genBTC just wrote that. Check his repo or wait for it to be pulled into the official version.

Thanks genBTC.
https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui

Thats my forked version. The two most important changes are the user orders and the Stop Loss Orders tabs. Consider it an even more developmental version. I just added the stop-loss bot tonight, and I tested it for a few hours, but I can't forsee bugs, but especially when using this to trade, please test it out in SIMULATION mode first, (edit goxtool\stoploss.py and change SIMULATION = False to SIMULATION = True).
fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 02:26:28 PM

Okay, I DL'd the OSX binary and it works like a dream! Gratz guys, you did a great job.

I think the next step should be to introduce simple (or complex) bot trading modules based on different strategies. I personally would be happy to pay for a module or modules like this and I think a lot of people on the forums would as well. This could be made into a nice little business.

Thanks for all the work!

Paul.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 02:47:53 PM

MtGox today upgraded the old websocket server (which was almost dead previously). Now websocket is even more reliable than socketio. You will have a *MUCH* better experience if you now change the protocol from "socketio" to "websocket", they finally fixed the server, its finally working as it should!

sebastopol (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 03:18:29 PM

Fixed in repository.
gollum

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:58:00 PM

How do I know this software dont steals my precious bitcoins or passwords?
fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 12:03:56 AM

How do I know this software dont steals my precious bitcoins or passwords?

Because you create the API key yourself and give it the access you want. You never give it your password.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
lsvpa

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:20:33 AM

https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui

Thats my forked version. The two most important changes are the user orders and the Stop Loss Orders tabs. Consider it an even more developmental version. I just added the stop-loss bot tonight, and I tested it for a few hours, but I can't forsee bugs, but especially when using this to trade, please test it out in SIMULATION mode first, (edit goxtool\stoploss.py and change SIMULATION = False to SIMULATION = True).

Looks great. I use goxgui daily and I like the tabs and upgraded functionality on your version. I want to try your version out but I don't understand what the password field is for.
mrlithium

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 07:00:59 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2013, 11:27:51 AM by mrlithium

Once you enter the API key and Secret, they are encrypted in the .ini file. Previously the password they were encrypted with was hardcoded, not user-choosable and I found this odd (security hole). So I cobbled together the method that you see in my forked version, and heres the instructions.
1) Download the fork from https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui
2) The program will generate a new blank config file on first run. (Don't try to import the old one)
3) Click the Options Menu, go to Preferences, and enter your API Key and Secret
4) Enter a Password of your own choosing.......
5) Hit Apply to check for errors, and then click OK if verified.
6) The program will encrypt the API Key/Secret and store it in the INI file.

This will store your password, and auto-login everytime you launch it next time.
lsvpa

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:53:01 AM

Once you enter the API key and Secret, they are encrypted in the .ini file. Previously the password they were encrypted with was hardcoded, not user-choosable and I found this odd (security hole). So I cobbled together the method that you see in my forked version, therefore the steps to use this functionality are somewhat sub-par in terms of intuitiveness, so heres the instructions.
2) The program will generate a new blank config file on first run. (Don't try to import the old one)
3) Click the "Authentication" Tab, enter your API Key and Secret
4) Click the "Password" Tab, enter a Password of your own choosing.......
5) Go BACK to the "Authentication" Tab, and hit Apply.
7) Each Next time you want to open up the program, you will have to click the password tab, enter your Password, and hit "Decrypt".

I Have just implemented a "lazy-version" of this. Once You have done initial Steps 1-6 above, You can edit the "goxtool.ini" file and add the following:
[goxgui]
password = XXXXXXXXXXXX

This will store your password, and auto-login everytime you launch it next time.

Thanks.

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:39:39 PM

Once you enter the API key and Secret, they are encrypted in the .ini file. Previously the password they were encrypted with was hardcoded, not user-choosable and I found this odd (security hole). So I cobbled together the method that you see in my forked version, therefore the steps to use this functionality are somewhat sub-par in terms of intuitiveness, so heres the instructions.
7) Each Next time you want to open up the program, you will have to click the password tab, enter your Password, and hit "Decrypt".

I Have just implemented a "lazy-version" of this. Once You have done initial Steps 1-6 above, You can edit the "goxtool.ini" file and add the following:
[goxgui]
password = XXXXXXXXXXXX

I followed your instructions and all, and it seemed to work as it got my current btc balance and everything, just I did a stop/loss order and activied the bot and it didnt work. it showed it excuted on the program but my balance/account it didnt
mrlithium

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 07:24:07 PM

Did you grant the API key "trade" access in addition to "Get-info" in the mtgox website's security tab?  (did you try to do normal trades?) - it should work...... no errors? contact me on IRC>...
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 02:19:16 AM

sure what is your irc name and what server

Also yes I granted it trade and info access. i can confirm it works as it got my account balance no problem
Grover

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

I was thinking Stay Puft, but Gozer said Grover

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:51:12 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 08:53:45 AM by Grover

IDK if this is out of the scope for this project but this seems like a great idea to me.

Is there any way to add a feature that is a trailing stop loss in reverse?

I know it seems like a strange idea.  Why buy above a price you're losing money.  I say are you really?  Same as why sell below the price you buy at, you're losing money if the trend reverses.  I think it's pretty evident this is a highly fluid market with a nice dose of overt manipulation on top.

Say your stop losses are triggered and what was really happening is a trader or group of traders was using their power to cause bots, apps, traders, to dump coins below market with the plan of a quick dump and reverse?  You sell your coins for a loss on a big red candle, but if you're semi-automated when do you buy them back in this scenario when the market rebounds on the next interval or in the same interval?

This is my example since it is easier to explain.

Say I'm tired and fall asleep at the wheel, like this morning when the market was going under 89. I enter buys but my buys are too low so they never execute.

What if when I enter a buy then the app takes the highest buy point and if the prices reaches either a percentage or fixed amount that the user enters (ceiling) but never reaches the highest buy and then rises past the ceiling then the app enters a buy that equals an ask but only does this until a buy is made or until another user defined ceiling is reached.  There is no need for any real automation just some way of using the signals so the user can predefine the conditions.

example. (fictional, but maybe not)

I enter a buy at $78.99.  Gox only dips to $79.  If i was awake I'd be all over buying for $0.01 more.  But I had placed a fixed eyes off order so I miss the buy.  I wake up and bam Gox dipped and rebounds to $92.  What a great trade if I was awake.

So if the app had a feature that worked as a stop loss in reverse I could have bought or tried buying from a range of say $78-$81.  Market dips below 81 nothing happens because the app is waiting for 78, but if the market reverses and goes above the low between 78-81 then the app enters a buy at x$ above the point between 78-81 and if no buy happens because the market reverses so rapidly then it app enters buys at levels the user has defined for x$ more, and x$ more until a buy happens or until a set ceiling is crossed.

For example.  Yes I understand price could not reach my buy during one time period but reach my buy level at a later time.  Same with a stop loss.  A stop loss can be triggered then the price rebound and reach levels far above your stop loss.

You're looking at the charts and can see what looks like a real verifiable no nonsense downturn.  You see that the price is likely to be between $low and $high.  I understand then why not just enter the buy at high range predicted for the bottom?  Why buy something at one price and sell it for a loss with a stop loss?

You enter a range in which you know is comfortable to buy, and the app buys.  I guess to be even more fool proof the app could automatically enter another stop loss that is at the level of the amount of BTC bought plus buy/sell fees.  This way if the market reverses and goes down further then you'd sell in a break even range, or you could elect to hold figuring the market will come back to your buy level.

If this is convoluted blame the rum.  If you have questions please ask and I'll attempt to explain.  The basic idea is a reversed stop loss.  I'm trying to add the hot chick in the passenger seat and the turbo package to an excellent project.
sebastopol (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 09:19:13 PM

Market dips below 81 nothing happens because the app is waiting for 78, but if the market reverses and goes above the low between 78-81 then the app enters a buy at x$ above the point between 78-81 and if no buy happens because the market reverses so rapidly then it app enters buys at levels the user has defined for x$ more, and x$ more until a buy happens or until a set ceiling is crossed.

So let's take an example for me to understand this. Let's say the price drops to 79, we have entered the buy zone (78 - 81), but it doesn't drop to 78. Instead, it goes up again. The user has defined buy steps at $2, and as soon as the price has reached $81, the bot would place bids at $83, $85, $87 etc. until a buy happens?
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:44:38 PM

[goxgui]
password = XXXXXXXXXXXX

I followed your instructions and all, and it seemed to work as it got my current btc balance and everything, just I did a stop/loss order and activied the bot and it didnt work. it showed it excuted on the program but my balance/account it didnt

Can anyone help me?
Grover

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

I was thinking Stay Puft, but Gozer said Grover

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:24:13 AM

Market dips below 81 nothing happens because the app is waiting for 78, but if the market reverses and goes above the low between 78-81 then the app enters a buy at x$ above the point between 78-81 and if no buy happens because the market reverses so rapidly then it app enters buys at levels the user has defined for x$ more, and x$ more until a buy happens or until a set ceiling is crossed.

So let's take an example for me to understand this. Let's say the price drops to 79, we have entered the buy zone (78 - 81), but it doesn't drop to 78. Instead, it goes up again. The user has defined buy steps at $2, and as soon as the price has reached $81, the bot would place bids at $83, $85, $87 etc. until a buy happens?

Basically yes.

I'll work out stating the logic in a clear fashion.
mrlithium

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:26:03 AM

Can anyone help me?
I'm working on updating my fork to sebastopols  latest  version. The password stuff should be easier. I still am not sure why your stop loss order didnt work if the rest of normal trades can trade.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:53:34 AM

Can anyone help me?
I'm working on updating my fork to sebastopols  latest  version. The password stuff should be easier. I still am not sure why your stop loss order didnt work if the rest of normal trades can trade.

Can you walk me throw how exactly I would go about placing a stop trade. Maybe I did something wrong
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: