Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:43:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: goxgui - a Graphical Bitcoin Trading Tool for MtGox  (Read 29579 times)
sebastopol (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 01:55:33 PM

mrlithium, thanks for your work. I've checked in the bugfix and will try your pyinstaller script as soon as I get the time. It looks very promising, I like the fact that pyinstaller supports so many target platforms.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

No, it's true I am planning to release a Windows binary package that contains all dependencies (using py2exe), but I'm not sure when I will get around to do it.

Until then, BCB have you tried installing Xming on your Windows machine? We use that at work in cases like yours, where the application runs on a remote unix box.

Thanks sebastopol

I'll give it a try.
Grover

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

I was thinking Stay Puft, but Gozer said Grover

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 09:46:06 PM

I'm lost.

I'm running XP.  I've installed all the prereqs but I have zero clue what application I use to install goxgui.  I'm a windork so I don't know much about all this kind of stuff.

If anyone can point me to the app I use to run the script listed in the OP I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 09:48:31 PM

Grover

I couldn't get it running on xp either.

??
Grover

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 09:58:20 PM

Grover

??

Did you get it to compile?  I don't even have a clue how to do that. If yes how.

I downloaded a zip file and it doesn't appear to be compiled either.  IF this was stuff I did normally like these guys I'm sure there is more than enough information provided, but I know nothing!
OdinHephaestus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:01:33 PM

Grover

??

Did you get it to compile?  I don't even have a clue how to do that. If yes how.

I downloaded a zip file and it doesn't appear to be compiled either.  IF this was stuff I did normally like these guys I'm sure there is more than enough information provided, but I know nothing!

You don't compile python scripts...

You guys are probably better off waiting for an executable package to be made for you.

Bitcoin: 1odinQ5YUdbfuopNF2D1FZRN8qcrC4y1L
Litecoin: LeodinXzG7CgHqPDZxaUgsDKUKBUu46qa5
Grover

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:18:39 PM

Grover

??

You don't compile python scripts...

You guys are probably better off waiting for an executable package to be made for you.

Ok then how do you run the app in windows?
mrlithium

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:53:42 PM

He included a windows startup script. it's in the "run" directory, should just be able to double click on start_win.bat .....

Failing that, you may need to edit this file, mine looks like:

set PYTHONPATH=%PYTHONPATH%;..\goxgui;..\goxtool
cd ..\goxgui\
start pythonw application.py

Grover

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:24:52 AM

He included a windows startup script. it's in the "run" directory, should just be able to double click on start_win.bat .....

Failing that, you may need to edit this file, mine looks like:

set PYTHONPATH=%PYTHONPATH%;..\goxgui;..\goxtool
cd ..\goxgui\
start pythonw application.py

TY.

I tried the bat, I'll edit it to include what you wrote.

I get an error that it can't find 'pythonw' I assume that's pythonw.exe in the root\python27 folder. I included this in the bat but still can't get it to start. 

I can't believe I'm so clueless.  My noob factor has hit 1000.  Guess I'll wait for a win installer, or I'll dust off the Debian install on another machine.
sebastopol (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 04:02:33 AM

Don't worry Grover, like I said, it requires a bit of Python experience to install this at this point.

mrlithium, you said you have successfully compiled a Windows executable, maybe you could help out our Windows users?
mrlithium

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:06:09 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2013, 05:14:06 AM by mrlithium

Don't worry Grover, like I said, it requires a bit of Python experience to install this at this point.

mrlithium, you said you have successfully compiled a Windows executable, maybe you could help out our Windows users?

Here is the windows exe. Also, I can vouch for HIS code being clear of malicious intent, since I read it all. The exe is theoretically de-compilable (the source is extractable in binary somehow) but if you want to be extra careful about stuff, just run this program in a sandbox and block it from accessing any other websites other than *.mtgox.com

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?41gu8b0ze1197po

This link above is the .exe of the version with "compress order-spam below 0.6 BTC", and "show Size and Total in BTC, not USD"

Also working on a new version: https://i.imgur.com/LtCPbCD.png
This is page 2: https://i.imgur.com/xuJTnOG.png

From one Developer to another developer: I am trying to learn PyQT as I go since I never did it before. But so far I have come up with the shell of the GUI now I just need to hook the slots into it. Maybe we can work together? I have a _lot_ of code from my other project. One major thing as you can see from the screenshot is the "Authentication" tab. theres no reason to be looking at that everytime you trade. BUT what is a major flaw is the hardcoded "ffuuuuuu" ironic bit Tongue You know what i mean. This has to be replaced by an actual user-generated one, that is Created through this new tab, and then verified with a dialog box when you launch the program. Maybe the process could work something like: On 1st launch = Create password before spawning QApplication, then theres no need to relaunch. Then everytime you load up you can choose to run in authenticated mode "Log In? Ebter your Password or Cancel"
sebastopol (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 10:28:43 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2013, 11:31:03 AM by sebastopol

Maybe we can work together?

Sure, I'll have some time on the weekend; we can work out a way for you to contribute on github.

BUT what is a major flaw is the hardcoded "ffuuuuuu" ironic bit Tongue You know what i mean. This has to be replaced by an actual user-generated one, that is Created through this new tab, and then verified with a dialog box when you launch the program.

No kidding  Grin I'm aware of that (hence the fffuuuuuuu) and there are a few other things that could be improved.

Edit: I definitely like the Authentication Tab. And yes, it should be possible to secure the user's authentication data with a password. At the same time I want to keep an option for users like me who are too lazy to enter a password every time and prefer to live dangerously.

User orders: also an important feature. Actually, it's that important I think it would be cool to integrate it in the main screen.

Finally: I don't believe in unasked-for pop-ups. I really don't like them in other applications, and I think goxgui should be able to do without them.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:25:42 PM

mrlithium

Worked out of the box.

Thx.

Grover

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:02:58 PM

Thanks for all your work.

Here is the windows exe. Also, I can vouch for HIS code being clear of malicious intent, since I read it all. The exe is theoretically de-compilable (the source is extractable in binary somehow) but if you want to be extra careful about stuff, just run this program in a sandbox and block it from accessing any other websites other than *.mtgox.com

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?41gu8b0ze1197po

This link above is the .exe of the version with "compress order-spam below 0.6 BTC", and "show Size and Total in BTC, not USD"

Also working on a new version:

Thanks for all your help and for making the exe.  You've unleashed the power of the Windows noob army!
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:05:54 AM

Maybe we can work together?

Sure, I'll have some time on the weekend; we can work out a way for you to contribute on github.

BUT what is a major flaw is the hardcoded "ffuuuuuu" ironic bit Tongue You know what i mean. This has to be replaced by an actual user-generated one, that is Created through this new tab, and then verified with a dialog box when you launch the program.

No kidding  Grin I'm aware of that (hence the fffuuuuuuu) and there are a few other things that could be improved.

Edit: I definitely like the Authentication Tab. And yes, it should be possible to secure the user's authentication data with a password. At the same time I want to keep an option for users like me who are too lazy to enter a password every time and prefer to live dangerously.

User orders: also an important feature. Actually, it's that important I think it would be cool to integrate it in the main screen.

Finally: I don't believe in unasked-for pop-ups. I really don't like them in other applications, and I think goxgui should be able to do without them.

hi sebastian

there is no way to use directly the login/pass of mtgox directly?
if not how to generate key/pass?
mrlithium

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:15:16 AM

No. You need to use the API key. Go to: https://mtgox.com/security and click on Advanced API Key Creation: Then type any name and give it Get Info and Trade rights, and hit Create Key. The following codes are what you copy into the program.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:28:22 AM

A Qt trading interface for BTC is something I've always wanted to write from ~2010, but never got around to Smiley
Nice work sebastopol!

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
sebastopol (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 04:23:37 PM

mrlithium, I have integrated the following features from your version into the main branch:

• group orders below 0.6 (we really should make this configurable at some point)
  • remove USD volumes (I kind of liked them, but I'll admit they're not crucial for trading)
  • no need for restart after adding authentification data
  • gain screen estate by tabbing authentification stuff
  • customizable application log (filters)
  • add bitcoin icon
  • make the price column 5 decimals
  • make buy/sell price edit box 5 decimals
  • correct windows start script
  • fix the code that inserts order-Id's into the edit box to better identify the last order

Hopefully, I'll get around to tag this as version 1.0.0 and release the version in Windows / Mac binary format tomorrow.
sebastopol (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 08:48:59 AM

Bug should be fixed now.

Switching between fiat currencies is high up on the list. Having multiple platforms would be awsome but it's a long way to go.
sebastopol (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 11:39:59 AM

Pre-packaged Windows (x86) and Mac OS (x64) binaries are now available on the project's sourceforge site!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: