Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:57:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: goxgui - a Graphical Bitcoin Trading Tool for MtGox  (Read 29579 times)
sebastopol (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 10:58:15 AM

I'm working on updating my fork to sebastopols  latest  version. The password stuff should be easier. I still am not sure why your stop loss order didnt work if the rest of normal trades can trade.

Good to see that you still keep an eye on the original repository Smiley This time there have been some major refactorings under the hood, but I think they're worth integrating because they will make future extensions easier for both of us. Also, if you wait till the evening, I should have multi-currency-support ready by then!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrlithium

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 12:26:50 AM

Can anyone help me?
I'm working on updating my fork to sebastopols  latest  version. The password stuff should be easier. I still am not sure why your stop loss order didnt work if the rest of normal trades can trade.

Can you walk me throw how exactly I would go about placing a stop trade. Maybe I did something wrong

Click the stop orders tab. It should say "NO STOP ORDERS     YET" in the box below.
In the size box, enter: 1 (for 1 BTC)
In the price box, enter: 100 (for 100 USD)
This will sell 1 BTC when the price falls below $100.

I have come to the conclusion you maybe are trying to use decimals without the leading 0. If you are using sizes under 1 BTC, you have to include the leading 0 such as: 0.125
snarther

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:17:49 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 07:37:36 PM by snarther

Thanks for your great work

it is really a nice tool i will see what uses i can workout and share with you as iam a bit new to python it wont be very fast but form myself i'm intrested in cross exchange trading

for the stoploss option it would be neat to add this "zone" though there is another possibility to give a trigger for the stoploss option in the way that the bot will be activated once a special value is matched and goes to "sell" mode and then performes his stoploss

idea for on/off trigger

- buy btc with value of 100  you want to gain a small win and want to sell at 102 so you set your stoploss to 102 (if it is under 102 an active bot would have sold so we need the switch)
- the trigger will be set to 102.1  bot goes to "on"
---> bot will sell if market drops below 102

idea hard - soft sell  switch
- buy btc 100  sell at 102.5 and you place a regular order  stoploss at 101.99  (because you don't believe 102 might be reached)  
- the trigger hard sell will be set to 101.99 if anyhow the price will drop bot will sell but only if after 5h trigger soft hasn't been reached
- the trigger soft sell will be set to 102.6  bot goes to "on"
--> bot will sell if market goes below 102.6  but only if in a given time 101.99 hasn't been reached

--- update
as i fumble along can me tell somebody how i "submit" changes to goxgui.exe do i need to compile it with the whol  *.py scripts changes and what is the index used for compiling and what compiler to use  Smiley thx for help
rpgreseller

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:12:52 AM

I specialize in developing marketplaces, and I want to partner with someone that would like to add a marketplace layer to a wallet.
I don't mean an exchange, I mean a marketplace.

I.e. I want to sell a gold plated fountain pen, I list it for sale at a price of $70.50 + $1.00 shipping. This offer exists on a marketplace, where someone can see it and buy it.

Bitcoiners need a marketplace as much as they need a good wallet system. I aim to combine them.

I helped develop playerauctions.com and have a decade of experience in ecommerce development and management.
If your team is ambition enough to add a marketplace layer, let's talk.
sebastopol (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 05:48:57 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 06:05:50 PM by sebastopol

goxgui v1.1.0 released!

Download goxgui v1.1.0 on SourceForge.

Changes:

- multi-currency support
- preferences dialog
- various refactorings and unit tests to improve code quality
- fixed bad looking fonts on Windows platform
- fixed annoying QTimer error on application close

The most requested feature in the reddit poll was a close tie between multi currency support and limit / stop orders. I decided to implement multi-currency support first, because it affects the whole application and will be much harder to implement once the application gets more complex. It was already a lot more work than I expected, but I am happy with the result and I believe if MtGox and goxapi support multiple crypto currencies one day, goxgui won't have to be changed much.

P.S.: now vote for the next feature!
fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 07:17:11 PM

goxgui v1.1.0 released!

Download goxgui v1.1.0 on SourceForge.

Changes:

- multi-currency support
- preferences dialog
- various refactorings and unit tests to improve code quality
- fixed bad looking fonts on Windows platform
- fixed annoying QTimer error on application close

The most requested feature in the reddit poll was a close tie between multi currency support and limit / stop orders. I decided to implement multi-currency support first, because it affects the whole application and will be much harder to implement once the application gets more complex. It was already a lot more work than I expected, but I am happy with the result and I believe if MtGox and goxapi support multiple crypto currencies one day, goxgui won't have to be changed much.

P.S.: now vote for the next feature!

This is a great GUI, I think I was first to DL it this morning heh Smiley.

I love your work Sebastopool, best of luck!

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
jhansen858

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:51:18 AM

downloading now!

Hi forum: 1DDpiEt36VTJsiJunyBc3XtG6CcSAnsQ4p
mrlithium

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:07:45 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 06:10:15 AM by mrlithium

I'm working on updating my fork to sebastopols  latest  version. The password stuff should be easier. I still am not sure why your stop loss order didnt work if the rest of normal trades can trade.

Good to see that you still keep an eye on the original repository Smiley This time there have been some major refactorings under the hood, but I think they're worth integrating because they will make future extensions easier for both of us. Also, if you wait till the evening, I should have multi-currency-support ready by then!

OK, I've updated the forked repo. The multi-currency support was just too big of an update for me to include right now. For the stop loss orders, user orders  and ticker tab/ticker title bar, download it from https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui  
Also, the "Total:" Bitcoins column is still present as this is one of the best features that I use goxGUI for. (i usually place my orders about 3000 coins away from the spread, so big whales can hit them Tongue) So in my version it is still there but it is removed in his latest version. (see screenshots)
Also, you can edit the "Fiat" and "Target" currency in the "Various Settings" window, which changes the .ini file for goxtool so it will actually trade in different fiat currencies, and show that currency's wallet. (but the decimals are wrong for JPY and SEK)
The authentication and password tabs have been moved into "Preferences" and you can supply your own password. The "Apply" button will run one final check if everything is valid, and enable the OK button to Write everything to the config file and restart the socket with your new credentials.
Grover

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

I was thinking Stay Puft, but Gozer said Grover

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:20:28 PM

Market dips below 81 nothing happens because the app is waiting for 78, but if the market reverses and goes above the low between 78-81 then the app enters a buy at x$ above the point between 78-81 and if no buy happens because the market reverses so rapidly then it app enters buys at levels the user has defined for x$ more, and x$ more until a buy happens or until a set ceiling is crossed.

So let's take an example for me to understand this. Let's say the price drops to 79, we have entered the buy zone (78 - 81), but it doesn't drop to 78. Instead, it goes up again. The user has defined buy steps at $2, and as soon as the price has reached $81, the bot would place bids at $83, $85, $87 etc. until a buy happens?

Basically yes.

I'll work out stating the logic in a clear fashion.

sebastopol and mrlithium Your work on this is greatly appreciated.  I haven't forgotten I stated i would come up with a better example of what I was on about a few days ago.  Not that yall are holding your breath until I posted again.  Grin

Instead of trying to trade BTC manually I'm working towards a bot application. This is one whack a mole crazy manipulated market.  Penny stocks that are about to be delisted don't even hold a candle to Gox/BTC.

I'm pretty sure I have a sound basic formula designed, of course I would think that I thought it up, though at least one programmer appears to agree.  IDK if this is the place to post this but if anyone wants to work to program a bot then PM me and I can send you my initial premise, or PM me and I'll edit this post to remove the offending text.

nedievas

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 06:05:20 PM

a bug found in the new version. When I choose EUR in preferences - the order book still displays USD price, just changes the title of asks and bids.
sebastopol (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 08:46:53 PM

Did you download the pre-packaged binary or the version from the repository?
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:00:06 AM

Why does goxgui merges together some bids or asks? Ive noticed that sometimes bids or asks that are closed get showed together as if they are the same bid or the same ask. Is this a bug or a feature? Either way it should not be this way IMO.

EDIT: Ive checked and goxtool is not doing it, it must be something goxgui is doing.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
nedievas

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:26:47 AM

Did you download the pre-packaged binary or the version from the repository?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/goxgui/files/goxgui-1.1.0-win-x86.zip/download
papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:51:32 AM

hi guys

i think it s better to keep the cumulated volume so we can evaluate the markets .

it seems it was removed in the last version

just a suggestion

thanks
mrlithium

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:25:37 AM

hi guys

i think it s better to keep the cumulated volume so we can evaluate the markets .

it seems it was removed in the last version

just a suggestion

thanks

Yes. He is working on it. He removed it because there was a CPU utilization issue (it recalculates the total every time a new depth message comes in, which I guess its using up CPU cycles on laptops), but not really an issue for me, so i kept it in my version @ https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:08:50 PM

Why does goxgui merges together some bids or asks? Ive noticed that sometimes bids or asks that are closed get showed together as if they are the same bid or the same ask. Is this a bug or a feature? Either way it should not be this way IMO.

EDIT: Ive checked and goxtool is not doing it, it must be something goxgui is doing.
Theres a preference setting for this in my version @ https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui, or edit "model.py" and change GROUP_ORDERS to 0.

There is no GROUP_ORDERS string in model.py.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
jatajuta

Activity: 365

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:31:23 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 09:26:28 PM by jatajuta

I downloaded the version from this link https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui

Everytime I check the box named Activate Stop Loss Bot i get the following error:

23:29:50.760 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\EOFL\My Documents\GitHub\goxgui\build\pyi.win32\goxgui\out00-PYZ.pyz\goxapi", line 304, in __call__
  File "C:\Users\EOFL\My Documents\GitHub\goxgui\build\pyi.win32\goxgui\out00-PYZ.pyz\stoploss", line 24, in slot_trade
AttributeError: Gox instance has no attribute 'stopOrders'

Also when I try to add a value i.e 1 btc for 110 usd on the stop order tab nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE N.1- Reading again maybe is something to do with the folder name? I have no folder named C:\Users\EOFL on my PC.

UPDATE N.2 - It is working now, I just closed and then open the program again.

Also, is there a way of doing a stop buy order? In the case I wanna buy only if it breaks 125 for example...

UPDATE N.3 - I have to reboot my pc and now I am having the same problem with the stop loss bot, it gives me the same error from before and no matter if i close the program and open again, just dont work.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Ultraviolet

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:20:27 PM

The genBTC fork lags terribly for me now during periods of high activity. The last genBTC version (where the API Key/Secret were stored in the top of the UI rather than under preferences) was fine though.
mrlithium

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:38:53 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 09:31:39 AM by mrlithium

The genBTC fork lags terribly for me now during periods of high activity. The last genBTC version (where the API Key/Secret were stored in the top of the UI rather than under preferences) was fine though.
I made some performance optimizations: I've speeded it up by a factor of 2, So instead of using 5-10% CPU, it should only use 2-5%
Sample Proof:
https://raw.github.com/genbtc/goxgui/master/performance.png
Running 3 instances at the same time, each with different code, I found some ways to speed it up.
The numbers below are for twice the length of time as the picture, just to smooth any errors out.
Version:  CPU Usage Time
older Main Fork (w/ total column, "Before"): 2:40
genBTC fork (with total column,    "After")  : 1:10
Newest Main (no total column,  "Removed) : 0:30

Changes are live on the git.

Everytime I check the box named Activate Stop Loss Bot i get the following error:

23:29:50.760 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\EOFL\My Documents\GitHub\goxgui\build\pyi.win32\goxgui\out00-PYZ.pyz\goxapi", line 304, in __call__
  File "C:\Users\EOFL\My Documents\GitHub\goxgui\build\pyi.win32\goxgui\out00-PYZ.pyz\stoploss", line 24, in slot_trade
AttributeError: Gox instance has no attribute 'stopOrders'

This shouldn't happen. I'm not sure why that path got inserted in there when I compiled the .exe, I've removed any reference to those now, and the new version is on the github. If you are getting those errors of course the stop loss isnt gonna work. Also, I have invented a way to do the "Stop-Gain" - Buy if price is above certain price.. Just enter the amount of BTC as negative, and the price as the trigger price to buy. "Negative BTC" means do Stop-Gain Buy @ target price.
jatajuta

Activity: 365

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:49:10 PM

I downloaded the last version of the genBTC fork but it crashes on startup, here is the log:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   goxgui.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4fbf5043
  Fault Module Name:   QtCore4.dll
  Fault Module Version:   4.8.4.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   510ff60e
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0003bc96
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1046