Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2019, 08:16:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: goxgui - a Graphical Bitcoin Trading Tool for MtGox  (Read 29348 times)
sebastopol

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 10:18:23 PM

Like the others said. To check out and run goxgui try:

Code:
git clone --recursive git://github.com/sebastianhaberey/goxgui.git goxgui
cd goxgui/run
./start_mac.sh

If you are on linux, change the last command to ./start_linux.sh, if you are on windows use ./start_win.bat

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GET 25 FREE SPINS AT REGISTRATION
GET 100% BONUS ON FIRST DEPOSIT
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ikinoki

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:02:22 AM

Hi Sebastopol,
I'm trying to make some changes to the gox gui so wanted to ask whether it is wanted or not:

Done:
Trade lag coloring (maybe making it a gauge like? now just colored label)
Application log showing on/off

Todo:
Order book coloring (still messing with Qt as I'm more of Wx guy Smiley, it's far more straightforward there)
Charts (mmmm)

https://github.com/andrew-azarov/goxgui

Donations to 1LHTGFYHfMDgfgmDcYugW6RsKKfKBRfLVg
sebastopol

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 04:09:04 PM

Don't have much time but two quick comments:

Application Log on / off: I have been thinking about this one myself. But instead of a check box, I would like a 'log window' option in the menu. That way, it would take up no screen space at all if you don't enable it. Something like: "Tools -> Log Window". The only problem is, I haven't figured out how to pop up a log window on the mac. Every time I tried (using QDialog or QMainWindow), I had problems switching back and forth between the log window and the main window Sad Any help is appreciated here.

Graphing: yes, it'd be great to have a graphing widget for goxgui. c0inbuster sent me a beautiful screenshot a while ago, and I love his idea of implementing a PyQt widget using the mentioned ta-lib. I would definitely not hesitate to integrate it into the main branch. If, on the other hand, the resulting graph looked something like this (just a random example), I'd probably not be that enthusiastic about it Cheesy
Ikinoki

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 04:24:57 PM

Don't have much time but two quick comments:

Application Log on / off: I have been thinking about this one myself. But instead of a check box, I would like a 'log window' option in the menu. That way, it would take up no screen space at all if you don't enable it. Something like: "Tools -> Log Window". The only problem is, I haven't figured out how to pop up a log window on the mac. Every time I tried (using QDialog or QMainWindow), I had problems switching back and forth between the log window and the main window Sad Any help is appreciated here.

Graphing: yes, it'd be great to have a graphing widget for goxgui. c0inbuster sent me a beautiful screenshot a while ago, and I love his idea of implementing a PyQt widget using the mentioned ta-lib. I would definitely not hesitate to integrate it into the main branch. If, on the other hand, the resulting graph looked something like this (just a random example), I'd probably not be that enthusiastic about it Cheesy

About the log - I'll take a look into this. I don't have qtdesigner handy.
About graphing - probably matplotlib will be involved, why? Because we need to show data asap. The HTML-based graph can be probably shown using qtwebkit, but it will have lag obviously.
I could make one graph using qt primitives but it will take it's toll of performance too (though not as big as HTML-based).
Another thing I want to implement is orders list, can't yet wrap around the qt signaling framework though...

sebastopol

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2013, 07:22:57 PM

You're right about the performance. And yeah, it wouldn't be wise to use Qt primitives or invent yet another graphing API - better to use something tried-and-tested out there. If only those frameworks weren't so damn ugly. I guess that's because they were designed by technically minded people (like us Wink)...

BTW I have restructured the UI quite a bit to gain more screen estate and accommodate future functionality (just checked in).
Ikinoki

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 09:32:28 PM

Aha, I see the changes, I don't like some of the changes though.

Let's try doing it differently, and then maybe merge?
Also I found a way to make the log appear as console in additional window, I'll write it tomorrow though

Ikinoki

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 11:52:27 PM

Hi Sebastopol,

My suggestion is making an MDI interface:
- Dump the Preferences and Log windows (I coded a log window separated and it looks good but the interface is still single windowed)
- Keep preferences in the json format files.
- Add a dockable widget with trade lag / account balances / trades list / trade menu to top right
- Add a list to edit settings (the preferences window) as a dockable widget to bottom right
- All left side will be taken by graph and order book

FUTURE:
- Left dockable widget for automation scripts
- Allow other exchanges, either dump goxtool in favor of requests/telnet or implement additional code for other exchanges

This is my new plan Smiley, it will allow to load/save projects and in future multiple

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Java, PHP, HTML/CSS Programmer for Hire!

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 02:00:03 AM

- Allow other exchanges, either dump goxtool in favor of requests/telnet or implement additional code for other exchanges

Since telnet is pretty much just used for exploiting people who don't remove I don't understand why you want him to add it.

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
Ikinoki

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:00:31 AM

Telnetclient is in stdlib of python, I don't need to add it.

sebastopol

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 07:38:05 PM

Hehe it sounds like you have a lot of work todo, good luck, and since it's open source, I'll be happy to copy what I like Wink if you figure out the log window thing pls tell me
Ikinoki

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 07:52:42 AM

The separate console log with menu checking is now in my repo, you can test it.
So merging is not a problem for you, you just need a few lines from view.py, few lines from application.py and full consolelog.py ui/consolelog_.py ui/consolelog.ui

c0inbuster

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 03:53:07 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2013, 06:15:11 PM by c0inbuster

Hello,

I have some comments about graphing...
maybe Qwt could be a solution
http://qwt.sourceforge.net/
see also http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/
http://www.qtcentre.org/threads/20298-Can-Qwt-be-used-for-financial-charting-(bar-chart-candlestick)

Matplotlib can also draw candlestick OHLCV data

Code:
from matplotlib.finance import *
fig = plt.figure()
ax = fig.add_subplot(111, ylabel='price')
Date = range(1,len(data['BTC'])+1)
Open = data['BTC']['open'].values
High = data['BTC']['high'].values
Low = data['BTC']['low'].values
Close = data['BTC']['close'].values
Volume = data['BTC']['volume'].values
DOCHLV = zip(Date, Open, Close, High, Low, Volume)
candlestick(ax, DOCHLV, width=0.6, colorup='g', colordown='r', alpha=1.0)

If data are stored in a Pandas DataFrame you can also
look at this
https://github.com/pydata/pandas/issues/783
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/4982660/

QtStalker http://qtstalker.sourceforge.net/
seems to be interesting too... but C++ not Python

Kind regards

Download free softwares! - crypto mining profit calculator - crypto triangular arbitrage tools - crypto stocks tools...
https://sites.google.com/site/working4coins/
Ikinoki

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:40:25 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 07:47:55 PM by Ikinoki

Hi coinbuster,

the problem with all these libs is non-interactivity.
They display only.
We need some interaction, so I'll have to dig into primitives.

I'm choosing between qt and kivy now for what's easier and better to handle.
kivy gives native android support and easier api - which is good.
qt on the other side is more rock-solid and stable on pc's of all kinds.

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 01:15:08 PM

is there anyway to export all the personal trade data ?

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
prof7bit

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 07:39:30 PM

MtGox isn't really relevant anymore, the tool itself is great but it's pretty much worthless as of now.

MtGox is not irrelevant. Its still one of the largest exchanges with the most trading volume (more volume than most (all?) other exchanges combined) and it has the fastest and most reliable trading engine and API of all exchanges. I wouldn't call that irrelevant.

████████              ████████
 ▀███████     █      ███████▀      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄                               ▄▄         ▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀██████   ███    ██████▀    ▄▄█████████████▀   █████      ████              ▄██▄             ███▄       ███    ▄▄█████████████▀    █████████████▀
     ▀███▌ ▄██ ██▄ █████▀     ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████      ████            ▄██████▄           █████▄     ███   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
       █▀▄███   █ ████▀      █████▀               ███████████████          ▄██████████▄         ███████▄   ███  █████▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄████     ███▀▄       █████                ███████████████        ▄█████▀ ▀██████▄       ███ ▀████▄ ███  █████    ▄█████████   █████████████▀
     ▄█████ ▐█  ██▌▄███▄      █████▄              █████      ████      ▄█████▀     ▀██████▄     ███   ▀███████   █████▄        ████   ████
   ▄██████ ▐██ ██  ██████▄     ███████████████▀   █████      ████    ▄█████▀  ▄█████████████▄   ███     ▀█████    █████████████████   █████████████▀
 ▄██████     ███    ███████▄    ▀▀██████████▀     █████      ████  ▄█████▀  ▄█████████████████▄ ███       ▀███     ▀▀██████████████   ███████████▀
███████       █      ████████

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

..BUY TOKEN!..
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
        ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Exocyst

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Science!

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:30:38 PM

It seems gox-gui is irrevocably tied to MtGox -- Just look at the name. I suppose porting it to another exchange wouldn't be super difficult (you just need to fork prof7bit's excellent goxtool and redo the API extensions, websocket, and JSON indexes), although it certainly lies outside the scope of a project named after MtGox. Personally, I'd expect there'll be people forking it for BTCChina.

Really very nice work on this one, and thanks to prof7bit as well for the excellent goxtool.

Cheers.

jatajuta

Activity: 365

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 03:54:11 PM

If someone did this fork for Bitstamp would be awesome, it seems MtGox didn't got rid of the laging problem.

https://github.com/genbtc/goxgui

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 06:31:16 PM

Mt.Gox is down ATM...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.