Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:25:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is BFL allowed to advertise on the forum?  (Read 424 times)
xcrowd (OP)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:24:02 AM

I understand that there have been some seen in "the wild" but it has been over 6 months since they started to take on pre-orders and they have consistently failed to hit their deadlines. I also understand that getting an Asic to market as a small start-up is difficult but at the very least they could keep their customers in the loop with some updates that aren't fluf.

Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of April 2013. Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 2 months or more after order. All sales are final.

They had been in "final development" for over 5 months.

However that is not the annoying part as it could take longer to get to market from basic specs and designs to tape-out (which I doubt they passed since they would at least shipped some test modules to disprove the naysayers). What I am annoyed by is the disclaimer where they tell you bluntly that it would probably take another 2 months regardless of the date listed.

I really think that bitcointalk.org should stop assisting a potential huge ongoing scam if there are no confirmed deliveries by mid May.

They raised over 1 million (assuming) for pre-orders; more than enough for the design, extra IP licenses, mask and initial batch.

Either it will be a highly superior product or vaporware... We'll see within a few weeks. However this forum does need to take a stance sooner or later.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: