Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:39:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About DT members as they are selective towards leaving feedback.  (Read 1197 times)
DrMsEr (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:51:37 AM

From what i have read all these days:

What happened:: Lauda attempted to extort another user by asking for  a"cut to keep quiet" about zeroaxl's alleged criminal activity. Lauda admitted to sending an "extortion message" (highlighted archive) to zeroaxl. In the extortion message, Lauda claimed to be aware of, and have evidence of serious criminal activity that zeroaxl was allegedly involved in. Immidiately prior to sending this 'extortion message' Lauda (and upon information and belief, others) was (were) badgering zeroaxl about his alleged criminal activity.

Shortly thereafter, TMAN created a thread (various archives of the thread can be found here) that was intended to make additional claims of knowledge of alleged criminal activity on the part of zeroaxl, give additional "reminders" of the consequences of such alleged criminal activity if law enforcement were to get notified, as well as an attempt to harm zeroaxl's reputation here, making it more difficult for him to profitably conduct business in the forum.

Around the same time that Lauda sent the extortion message, minifrij opened a thread attempting to get zeroaxl banned from the forum, which would also make it more difficult for him to conduct business on the forum.

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=101872 - Lauda f/k/a LaudaM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=98986 - TMAN
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=138940 - minifrij

Although there may be additional people that actively participated in this extortion attempt, I do not yet have concrete evidence of their participation.

Amount Scammed: It is unclear if an extortion payment was actually made or not, as the victim did not disclose an address that Lauda was asking for payment to be sent to.

Additional Notes: Upon receipt of the extortion message from Lauda, zeroaxl opened a scam accusation thread against Lauda, and about 16 hours later, all three (the threads opened by zeroaxl, TMAN, and minifrij) threads were locked, edited so that there was no content in each of their respective OPs, and moved to archival within 20 minutes of eachother.

minifrij claims to not be a part of the extortion conspiracy, however he was claiming to be well aware of the status of the extortion payment, and he did oblige (archive of his entire post) to removing his thread when zeroaxl and TMAN were "negotiating" immidiately after zeroaxl received an extortion demand.

Lauda has claimed that the 'extortion message' was an attempt to gather information as part of an investigation, however the payment of an extortion demand would not necessarily indicate guilt (see below)
>Paying an extortion payment -
>The fact that someone makes an extortion payment does not necessarily mean
>that the information claimed to be in possession of by the criminal is true.
>I had posted a couple of reasons why a victim may pay an extortion payment
>when untrue information is being threatened to be released. Another reason
>why someone may pay an extortion payment is that they are on parole, and a
>person’s parole office receiving a report of criminal activity by the victim
>may result in the victim going back to jail while this claim can be
>investigated. As a result of this,
>I would not consider the fact that
>someone paid an extortion payment an admission that the information used
>to extort the victim is true.

I see only one DT member shorena has left his feedback on Lauda about the extortion , what others are doing? Isnt if the same act was done by me or other guy would result in at-least 3-4 negative ratings?
This shows how responsible you guys are towards the forum being Trusted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 06:23:33 AM

I see only one DT member shorena has left his feedback on Lauda about the extortion , what others are doing? Isnt if the same act was done by me or other guy would result in at-least 3-4 negative ratings?

You are only guessing.  You haven't been around the forum long enough to make any kind of qualified guess.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:29:57 AM

You are only guessing.  You haven't been around the forum long enough to make any kind of qualified guess.

Come on, your telling me that is not one of QS alts? Like really. There no way its someone who as been here only a year. Why would they even care, anyone that only as 52 posts on this entire site in a year there is no way they can understand everything this fourm and how it works.

My guess is they are too afraid to bring this up on their main account but I think it is a valid question since Lauda got stripped of their staff duties.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 06:31:09 AM

This is a duplicate thread with one in Reputation.  One should be locked.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1766234.0

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 07:53:30 AM

Come on, your telling me that is not one of QS alts?
I am not the OP (there have been a lot of baseless speculation about QS alts that are inaccurate recently), which although flattering is kinda annoying.

The OP's first post was selling an account so he has likely been here for longer then his account's age would indicate.

The OP is right that those in the DT network do tend to be selective about the feedback they leave. If you have existing positive trust, then you are more likely to receive additional positive trust, and are less likely to receive negative trust verses someone who has a neutral trust rating (or a very small amount of positive trust); this is even more pronounced when looking at those in the DT network.
DrMsEr (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 09:47:56 AM

If you have existing positive trust, then you are more likely to receive additional positive trust, and are less likely to receive negative trust verses someone who has a neutral trust rating (or a very small amount of positive trust); this is even more pronounced when looking at those in the DT network.
But wasn't that case with you, you received multiple crush feedback simultaneously.

Not to be going off topic, If i/some common member would accused be accused of exortion or shit like what launda do then i would had received a lot of negative feedback saying that i should not be here or other member should not deal with me. So why this partiality with lauda?

It is sad that people who are on top notch are forming allies and doing all sort of un-ethical stuffs.

If Pulling a self escrow is such a offensive here -48: -6 / +16
then what about extortion :??.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2017, 10:05:48 AM

Since the case was solved https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1764757.msg17629087#msg17629087, I don't see any valid reason why another DT member would leave any more rating. I do agree that DT members are selective while leaving ratings but everyone has a different POV about a case. Till the time they don't leave personal ratings (if they don't like any person) or any false ratings, there's no harm.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 10:28:55 AM

Lauda attempted to extort another user by asking for a"cut to keep quiet"

*swoops in*

Under no circumstances will Lauda (or any other user) use these funds for personal gain

*swoops out*

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:42:42 PM

If you have existing positive trust, then you are more likely to receive additional positive trust, and are less likely to receive negative trust verses someone who has a neutral trust rating (or a very small amount of positive trust); this is even more pronounced when looking at those in the DT network.
But wasn't that case with you, you received multiple crush feedback simultaneously.
It took a while for me to receive my first negative rating, and a while for the 2nd....after that they started piling on.

Not to be going off topic, If i/some common member would accused be accused of exortion or shit like what launda do then i would had received a lot of negative feedback saying that i should not be here or other member should not deal with me. So why this partiality with lauda?
Lauda is close to many people in the DT network, and close to many people with very high trust ratings (this is no accident on the part of lauda).

It is sad that people who are on top notch are forming allies and doing all sort of un-ethical stuffs.
I concur.
I would note that when I was taken down that a number of other very trustworthy people who routinely prevented scams were also effectively taken down as well -- they at least are no longer around to be preventing these scams/scammers. I suspect that those who have "taken over" so to speak as the "scam patrol" have questionable ethics at best, and have ulterior motives for their actions at worse. 
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 11:46:33 PM

Quickseller has done a lot more than pretend to be his own escrow to scam coins.

He also has a history of constant lying - to the point where you cannot trust anything he says anymore.

He also has extorted a few forum members when he pretended to be hurt about one of my comments.

He also pretended to be banned.

There is no doubt in my mind he has scammed many others using his dozens of alts. 

His trust rating should be lower, but he is an old user and a lot of DT members still protect him when they shouldn't.

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:33:31 AM

Quickseller has done a lot more than pretend to be his own escrow to scam coins.

He also has a history of constant lying - to the point where you cannot trust anything he says anymore.

He also has extorted a few forum members when he pretended to be hurt about one of my comments.

He also pretended to be banned.

There is no doubt in my mind he has scammed many others using his dozens of alts. 

His trust rating should be lower, but he is an old user and a lot of DT members still protect him when they shouldn't.

Yes but when he was self escrowing, can you give me ONE example where he stole coins? one that as actual evidence?

How would you feel if someone told you that you should die. Of course this is the internet and that was probably blown out of proportion, but what if QS was holding some of the forums BTC and he killed himself because you told him too and he mentioned that in his suicide note, wouldnt you be liable?

He pretended to be banned to cover up the self escrow issue tho?

If he is scamming people with his "alts" why aren't there any scam accusation threads?

or why doesnt someone make a program that compares the writing style of QS to his alleged alts
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 12:39:43 AM

I never told quickseller to kill himself.   Roll Eyes  However. I still stand behind my personal wish that he would, because this forum would be a better place.

How would I feel if an evil person killed themselves?  I suppose I would be happier, since I am a good person.  It's all good vs evil.

P.S.  I also wished that Donald Trump would die.  I have since changed my mind, since his keystone pipeline will benefit my community.    So it is possible for me to change my mind about QS as well, provided he gave up his scammy ways, which I don't think he can do.   Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: