Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:21:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can companies that produce mining equipment use devices?  (Read 2698 times)
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:58:35 AM

Can the companies that produce mining machines use the devices for a certain period and then drive them to the market?
They may first use the level of difficulty they have developed themselves and then sell it later.

I'm very certain that's what had been going on because the new devices themselves needs to be tested and hence if they do test and seems to be mining more blocks than the others sometimes it's possible they might want to stay-in and keep using for a certain time before they finally let it out to the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:14:23 PM

I think it happens, and I think the best way to reduce the chances of this happening is the emergence of more competition in the market, so that users could invest in companies that do not make the equipment available after a long time, when the difficulty of mining is already higher. Companies making things more difficult would have to adjust.

There usually HAS been competition - the last half of last year was a very uncommon period.

Down side - miners get cheaper when there is significant competiton, means more get sold (as long as the production capasity is available) so hashrate goes UP a lot faster 'till the point of "marginal for ROI achievement" is reached for most, then it slows a some 'till the "major farms don't see ROI happening on new gear" range and it slows down a LOT.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 04:56:46 PM

Yes that is how they "test" them.

What I would like to say is that they can use the devices for a certain period of time, extract the bitcoin and then sell it later.
I don't say: product quality testing.

Yes that is what they do when they """""""""""""""test""""""""""""""" them to make sure they work before shipping to customers. There may be some unseen delays in getting products to purchasers because of these """""""""""""""tests""""""""""""""" last longer than expected.

I'm not talking about from it.

For example, the BitMain company is now selling the S9.
But the bitmain company has the S10 on hand.
The S10 has been tested for quality control and is ready to be sold to customers.
But Bitmain wants to sell the S9 on the market first.
The customer does not know his S10.
Bitmain is doing bitcoin mining with the S10 device.
On the one hand, the S11 device is being developed.
After completing the development of the device S11, it is selling the device S10.

That's what I want to tell you. I do not know how else I can tell you more clearly.

Most likely they are doing something like this because it looks logical. Only I've never heard someone comlaining about receiving a used miner insteed of a new one so even if they are doing this they are doing it very cautiously.
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 06:50:24 PM

I don't think it's polite to bank on the miners taking the loss.

That's disrespectful to the people supporting your product line.

Moral standing would imply that you share the benefits with those buying your products.

To each their own...
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:39:03 AM

Moral standing would imply that you share the benefits with those buying your products.

To each their own...

Yeah. I also think that was a wrong thing to do. Especially, they are the producers of a certain mining equipment. It is their responsibility to attain the good quality of the product. They should only test the equipment to check if it is in the good quality and not to earn bitcoins. If so, they should just make their equipment and configure to mine bitcoin or any altcoin and not to sell those products but instead, just mine bitcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BtcoinSpider

Activity: 83
Merit: 36

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:42:11 PM

I understand what are your question.

Yes, then can use.

Just like a ferrari manufacturer's can produce ferrari but, can choose to go with smaller car i.e fiat to reduce cost.

I think they do what they are doing based on passion not base solely on profit.

Thks
Btcoinspider
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 10:58:23 AM

Yes they are using those devices but for quality control and testing. They are doing it to test the functionality and the durability of the items. But they are not doing for very long but just in a short span of time. Without any test conducted there is a tendency that we can purchase items that are defective and is not working. But rest assured they are not selling second hand devices.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1101

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 11:21:42 AM

They can do it and they are doing it. KNC were accused of such mining in the past. I also think BFL, which was a scam on many levels, also purposely delayed shipping to mine for themselves.
This is a great way to make money if you don't care about the company's reputation, but are entering the market for a quick buck.

coin revolution (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 08:30:54 PM

To each their own...

Yes this is what it should be. But not all people depend on ethical values. Humanity is a bit greedy. Everyone may not be as good as you.
They can think of their own interests. They may not depend on ethical values. There is a lot of news about companies violating ethical rules.

That's why I do not really trust the firm.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:30:27 AM

They can do it and they are doing it. KNC were accused of such mining in the past. I also think BFL, which was a scam on many levels, also purposely delayed shipping to mine for themselves.
This is a great way to make money if you don't care about the company's reputation, but are entering the market for a quick buck.

the knc case was different, because they were directly producing their asic i remember this, therefore they were testing it quickly after the production is complete, i see no issue with this

yes maybe they went to far with testing of some product, and delivered it later but it's different than what BFL did, which is plan scamming customers
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: