Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:53:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Discussion] Why is Dash sprinting away from privacy and fungibility? A Look at  (Read 855 times)
FeelTheBern (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 10:06:01 PM

Seeing as most of your hate steemit, i'll post a copy of the article here.

1. Dash recently hired Coinfirm, and is paying them from the 10% block reward tax to track all Dash payments except mixed ones. Dash users are paying for their own de-anonymizing.

http://www.steemimg.com/images/2017/02/19/dash-tracks-funds500e9.jpg
It's is now well known that Dash wen't out of their way to partner up with http://www.Coinfirm.io, a company who specializes in tracking all transactions, identifying individuals, creating blacklists and whitelists and other KYC/AML services. These rather expensive services are being paid for BY THE BLOCKCHAIN, why would a coin that was once privacy first hire such a company you ask? More control. There are no other good reason behind the motives. Ask yourselves, why would a coin that proclaims to have 100% fungibility be hiring a company that specializes in de-anonymizing, blacklisting and identifying folks?
2. Dash hasn't touched or upgraded Darksend in a very long time, it's still utterly slow, and is in-convenient as hell. Even InstantSend is now offline.

If Dash truly was privacy first, you would think there would have been many upgrades to their core feature, right? Wrong, Dash has been focused on spending as much of the blockchain funds as possible on marketing gimmicks, tradeshows, and getting a brand new centralized office in Arizona. Those all seem more to be like a bankster-esque approach to a crypto currency who's trying to change the financial world, sounds more like they want to join the old financial world to me..
Hell they don't even have InstantSend right now due to lack of giving a crap about their core selling points, why would a successful crypto basically orphan it's 1st and 2nd best selling points? Because it's a house of cards, duh.
Dash doesn't have a single privacy or instant option on a single mobile device either? So much for a fungible, instant coin, again all marketing.

How could a coin that claims to be private, instant and so on, not have a single mobile wallet with these options available? The answer to this is obvious, it's all marketing, the people behind Dash know exactly what to promise to keep the valuations rising, all while pushing off any important technical updates
3. Why use Dash when you can just use Bitcoin + Samourai Wallet? Even they think the Coinfirm deal is worrisome. Even MAID will be better.

http://www.steemimg.com/images/2017/02/19/samourai-wallet-tweet9b672.jpg
The reason Dash Core team likes to say their coin is valuable is simply due to a few reasons; it's instant, its fungible and the masternodes provide good ROI. But this simply isn't true, first off InstantSend is offline, and Darksend is a complete hack job of a technology. People won't even try to crack it because it's not worth their time, noone uses it in the first place. Just ask Coinfirm... before you know it Coinfirm will be the last nail in the coffin that is the fungibility of Dash.
Once again, it's not about principles, it's about $$$ and hype.
The only reason Dash has any valuation right now is because they are bootstrapping features from other coins and riding a hype machine, if you wan't a really fungible network, wait for Maidsafecoin... or use Samourai Wallet.. Dash is scamming you.
4. Coinfirm engages in blacklisting and is not tracking mixed funds, basically meaning mixed funds will be blacklisted down the road.

It is well known in the crypto-sphere that KYC/AML laws and people trying to push them are simply trying to ensure these coins are not fungible, and there can be an authoritarian style control in place when there needs to be, if we can't have a privacy first coin, then there is no such thing as financial freedom. Yet Dash, the coin formerly known as Darkcoin and XCoin, which initially was famous for it's privacy first mentality which came about as Darksend, a coinjoin-esque take on privacy, has started the long walk back to mommy and daddy KYC & AML.
This is not good for consumers, and definitely not good for the future users of Dash. Why do you ask? Because Dash is much like a paper boat in the wind, it goes wherever it is told to. Dash is not a community first coin, it is a small group of people doing whatever they can to get very wealthy off the backs of others around them. Dash is not a privacy first coin, it's a type of ponzi scheme never seen before, and up until now privacy served it's purpose, all the instamined funds are spread out and now the march towards becoming an entirely new coin to keep the profits churning has begun. One day noone will accept mixed funds and dash fingibility will be dead in the water.
There has been a few people bringing these issues to light, but once again the echo chamber prevails:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/privacy-first-vs-transparency-first.12057/
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/masternode-owners-going-to-jail.12845/#post-112188
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/spies-in-core-team-censorship-etc.12734/#post-110935
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-separate-the-network-layer-from-the-vote-layer.12584/#post-110542
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/worried.12989/#post-113125

Some more juicy tweets from @SamouraiWallet
http://www.steemimg.com/images/2017/02/19/samourai-tweetsbe838.jpg
https://twitter.com/SamouraiWallet/status/814136296159449092

Ps: Evan doesn't even code anymore, check his github, lawl.
https://github.com/evan82

https://twitter.com/CryptoGeekz/status/833435713198632960

Join us at Steemit.com and help spread the word:
https://steemit.com/crypto-news/@thedashguy/discussion-why-is-dash-sprinting-away-from-privacy-and-fungibility-a-look-at-the-coinfirm-io-dash-core-team-deal-and-its-kyc-aml

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:21:29 PM

It's ok.

All you had to say was 5 words..."ouch, I sold too early".
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:26:08 PM

Lol you crackpot. Your trolling and desperation gets worse by the day. Maybe if you try harder flufypony will start paying you in xmr, like his other bitches.

I bet it must hurt knowing you rage quit Dash and now would have been sitting on a goldmine. Why don't you talk to the guy that spent 20k bitcoins on a pizza. He might be able to give you some tips on how to handle the grief.
Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:36:42 PM

Dang, I'm sho you all've looked at the price o' Dash lately.  I gots ta say I sold up all of mah Dash way too early, too.  Sheeeit.  You jist neva know when onnea these coins gon' go to the moon.  $23/Dash?  Lordy, OP y'all coulda been rich!
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 11:18:59 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 12:11:50 AM by MasterMined710

Coinfirm can track any transparent BC they want, and they do. It was a Very smart and proactive move on the part of Dash. Especially with the new gov war on mixers having started. Samourai Wallet can do whatever they want but don't be surprised when Dell or Overstock or purse rejects your transaction. At least most of Dash's mixed transaction will be safe/rated and deemed in compliance with KYC. I hate KYC but if you want to go mainstream you have to jump through regulatory hoops. Monero and other coins like that will probably be banned outright. I'm sure you'll be able to use them in the Darkmarkets just not the world markets, good luck with that investment.

"Even InstantSend is now offline."
What a pathetic attempt at FUD trolling. Instantsend has been off for like a week while we upgrade. Privatesend mixing is reported to be super fast now with the new multi session mixing. Once we get fully upgraded i plan to test the mixing speed against xmr. I'm betting i can get a $100 double spend proof transaction confirmed in about the same time or better than it takes monero to fully confirm in their new official GUI.

Who is thedashguy/feelthebern, in his own words

The Dash guy has been trolling Dash for over a year with his love/hate relationship with Dash and the community. One thing has always been clear though, he hates the core team and wants the community to break away/fork and for a new core team to take over. In other words he has always wanted to split the community.

This whole hit piece rant is constructed on a lie...

“I dove head first into Dash for a little over a year and spent a majority of my time working alongside the community to dream up cool projects, spread the word about Dash and so on”

No, you did not support dash for a year. You may have supported Dash for a few months but you hated/resented the “rich” core team members from the jump.
From the start thedashguy and Core team member yidakee did not see eye to eye to say the least....

“You insult people, then say sorry, then insult again, use foul language, admit you were out of line, then you do it again, then you say sorry, then you accuse "someone of something". You're being called down by dozens and dozens of members, kicked of Slack, kicked out of Telegram, ranting here, ranting in Dashwhale, ranting in btctalk ... geeeez”
yidakee, Feb 4, 2016

Not a very good start to your “year” supporting Dash. You rage quit so many times no one could keep track.

“Get off the drugs.
You are living in some alternate reality where you think you are actually smart. I'm just going to go ahead and warn you once then im throwing you on ignore. Stop talking as if you know anything because you don't. Come get your little bitch in check core team. He's about to cause you guys one hell of a shit storm.”

“You are the worst type of human being, a stupid one. Go away and stop making shit up. Don't worry I won't be "helping your" team out ever again, especially when YOU are on it. I won't even bother to explain it because half the community knows how much of a narcissistic asshole you are. People like you are the ones who turn into leeches of the project, don't worry you;ll keep defending your job if I have anything to say about it, better start working on making sure you carved out your little role in the team, if not sorry to say it might not last long.
Fuck off and have a nice day, welcome to ignore. So sad to see you be part of a project I really enjoy. You almost ruin it for me.”
TheDashGuy, Jun 17, 2016

“Who cares I'm done anyways I don't need this shit. Have a blast. @yidakee literally ruined this entire project for me and I'll I wanna do is beat his ass.”
TheDashGuy, Jun 23, 2016

“Delete my goddamn forum account please. i'm sick of this place, these people, and this shit drama.
You are getting youre way good fuckin job @yidakee. I'm literally leaving because of YOU. Grats bitch.
@Solarminer stop putting your neck out for me before these cunts target you to.
I'm done here anyways. And @yidakee is lucky ill never meet his little bitch ass in real life. Fuck this place.
The whole goddamn project is going to get ruined due to twats like @yidakee.”
TheDashGuy, Jun 23, 2016

Safe to say TDG and yidakee did not get along, LOL.
In fact TDG did not seem to get along with any of the core team members and very few community members.....

“Get your shit together. Daniel. Kot. EVERYONE.

You'd think this was a fucking gamestop run by teenagers or something the way certain people act and throw around thier so called importance to the project.”
TheDashGuy, Jun 21, 2016

“I need a break from this shit show. Need sometime to research my next investment thoroughly. Because this place is full of fluff, lies and falsehoods. It's not about us, it's not about the financial revolution, it's about becoming Paypal. Literally. All the bad they do doesn't matter because they are RICH!!!!
I hope one day a real Bitcoin is born, not any of this half baked shit we try to peddle in the crypto world.
Wonderful, just had to add Dash to my shitlist I guess. Good fucking job guys.”
TheDashGuy, Jun 22, 2016

“God you guys have so much shit backwards around here its sad. I used to love this project now I'm just disappointed by it. Price means nothing when the entire thing is controlled by a moron and some nerds. You never know when it will all come crashing down.”
TheDashGuy, Aug 1, 2016

Even after all of that he still wanted to be a part of Dash or at least extract a couple of thousand dollars a month from the Dash budget system. You really have to be delusional to think the community is going to fund you for 3 months to promote Dash after months of ranting and raving like a lunatic and rage quitting in complete madness.

TDG was not a fan of the “Transform PR - Michael Terpin” proposal.
This was one of Evan's personal proposals but it was voted out, so much for the conspiracy theory that Dash is “central controlled” and Evan and the core team can do whatever they want.

“And a great product sells itself, and needs no PR team.”
TheDashGuy, Feb 2, 2016

But after realizing he himself could get paid a couple of thousand a month to do PR and marketing he suddenly had a change of heart....
“TheDashGuy's Decentralized "DigitalCash" Social Media Outreach & Marketing Campaign | Working for the Dash Economy.
Amount: 175 Dash”
TheDashGuy, Sep 11, 2016

The reception to his proposal was not received very well after all the chaos he caused in the community and multiple rage quits....

“Last thing I remember reading about you was on slack calling other dash member a "c*nt" and rage quitting..I know you are passionate.. but why would the blockchain support someone who abuses other dash members? How can we trust that you wont just fly off the handle and walk away with our Dash?”
Stealth923, Sep 12, 2016

“What i have read from you on several occasions (Reddit, Slack, Dashtalk) were insults and calling people names in various flavors.
Beside some rage quits and rejoins.
Beside your "I quit Dash and convert to XMR"-stunt [1] for which others had to pay the bill for [2].
Beside your "Dash is broken" blog post [3].
Is this some kind of push & pull, on & off relationship you are trying to maintain?
Do you seriously expect that you have just a nounce of credibility left and anyone is expecting you to become the next Dash advocate / PR campaign driver?
[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1538753.0
[2] https://np.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/4r9mc9/time_to_end_the_xmr_vs_dash_battle_confessions_of/
flare, Sep 12, 2016

“@TheDashGuy Man, I hoped for the best in yourself. But you often disapoint me.
You had three weeks for dash nation community links directory. Hardly any comunication from your side and the time is already over.
I can't support such project, when I have this experience with your integrity as such act of support would go against my integrity.”
#7Comodore, Sep 12, 2016

“Jake, you're a good web designer -- there's no doubt about that.
But it's pretty cuckoo that you'd list TheDailyDecrypt.com on your resume, buddy.
Would you like to tell everyone why I had to revoke your access to that website, or shall I?”
amanda_b_johnson, Sep 12, 2016

The proposal ultimately Failed
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/digital-cash-mrktng

TDG's final rage quit letter after his 2k a month budget proposal Failed....

“It's been real ya'll, but I think I need to get out of Crypto altogether for a while.
I think it's time, the community has made it very clear, minus a few guys that is, that I am not wanted nor needed around here, and honestly, I'm fine with that.”
TheDashGuy, Sep 27, 2016

Since he left the Dash price has double, this obliviously very much upsets him. He was wrong about Dash a year ago and is wrong about Dash today.
His last rage quit letter was almost 5 months ago but for some reason he is still very much obsessed with Dash and visits the Dash forum and BTCtalk thread often. He is a toxic disgruntled former Dash member whose proposal was rejected by the community. He is somewhat mentally unstable as evident by his posting history and continued obsession with Dash. I hope he gets the help he so desperately needs.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 11:31:59 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 11:53:48 PM by Macrochip

EPIC-REKT

Thank you for that historic smackdown, Mastermined. Complete and total annihilation!

This thread reeks so disgustingly of bloody bubbling butthurt-farts it's not even funny anymore. As soon as the Dash price explodes these cockroaches suddenly come crawling out of the woodwork.

Been out of Dash for half a year and he comes out "reporting" on all these "horrible things" (all made up and lies ofc) NOW when we pass 20 USD and after he sold all his holdings long ago?!

Yep, sounds legit!

Thank you, this was a pleasure to read. What a lunatic.

Walter_S

Activity: 310

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 12:28:42 AM

Mastermind's post is an accurate summary of events to be fair... Can I just add that i was "the C*nt". For doing nothing other than entering into a reasoned debate with him. Charming!  Kiss

Needless to say, calling community members "c*nts" and then asking for $2k a month of funding went down like a knackered lift... Can't think why...  Roll Eyes

To say I have little sympathy would be the understatement of the century..

Walter

Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 12:56:59 AM

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: