Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:23:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does a trade take?  (Read 3300 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2017, 05:13:55 AM

This is a subjective term and you will rarely find an exact same answer from everyone. Technically trade is something that takes place for the short term (for example 1 minute to 3 days), anything above that is an investment in my opinion. When it comes to the market hours I have noticed that, ideally, people usually hold the position for 5 minutes to up to an hour or two.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:03:05 AM

How long does a trade take?

If you are asking about how long will it take for you to earn big bitcoin profit in trading activity? well, this will depend on you, If you know the proper way of trading, I think its round about 6 months in above.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

This is a subjective term and you will rarely find an exact same answer from everyone. Technically trade is something that takes place for the short term (for example 1 minute to 3 days), anything above that is an investment in my opinion. When it comes to the market hours I have noticed that, ideally, people usually hold the position for 5 minutes to up to an hour or two.
Yes, time frame for a trade must vary based on trading instruments rather than just traders. I mean one trader might have different time frame for different trading assets. I usually let my trades to be opened based on where I am trading and also what instrument I am trading. When I am trading forex and I am into scalping mode, a trade hardly takes 5 minute long and bitcoins I never go for trading all my bitcoins are into investment mode only.

My altcoin trading takes various time frame from 15 minutes to 2 weeks also. But I never accept altcoins for investments, they are suitable only for trading and in particularly intraday trading.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:16:11 AM

Well it's up to you because we have our difference strategy in are trade. Me? my trade take so long like as of now that what's all coin have been mooning. By the date of March all the tokens that listed in poloniex have been increase the price all of it and also BTC.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 04:41:19 AM

Yes, time frame for a trade must vary based on trading instruments rather than just traders. I mean one trader might have different time frame for different trading assets. I usually let my trades to be opened based on where I am trading and also what instrument I am trading. When I am trading forex and I am into scalping mode, a trade hardly takes 5 minute long and bitcoins I never go for trading all my bitcoins are into investment mode only.

My altcoin trading takes various time frame from 15 minutes to 2 weeks also. But I never accept altcoins for investments, they are suitable only for trading and in particularly intraday trading.

As I said, it is a subjective term and there are traders who hold positions for few minutes and there are traders like you who prefer hold positions for weeks. I have noticed that investors are more comfortable in holding bitcoins for the long term instead of altcoin and usually altcoin investments are based on the current performance of it. I think forex is the only sector where traders take positions for short time span but high risk as compared to that of others.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:59:42 AM

If you are asking about how long will it take for you to earn big bitcoin profit in trading activity? well, this will depend on you, If you know the proper way of trading, I think its round about 6 months in above.

Well there are a lot of successful day traders out there who are earning in short term bursts also so i think as long as you know what you're doing, it can take just days or months for a successful trade. For me it's not how long it takes but how much profit i make

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:52:11 AM

The duration of a trade will always depend on the temperament and emotional management of the trader. A trader's apathy towards a trade, whether a scalper, a day trader or weekly trader. Sometimes, even planned day trade takes a few minutes to fill up and profits made depending on the fluctuations in the market at that time. I like longer time frames like the 4hrs and daily frames because they give one a clearer picture of the market. But that doesn't mean scalping aren't good or profitable.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
wilwxk

Activity: 476
Merit: 314

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:59:01 AM

depend, for example im only holding bitcoins and i dont have a specific time to sell, this can be a trade too, but depends your personality, if you have experience with trading, if you can wait days to sell anything or you are compulsive.
Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:19:30 PM

depend, for example im only holding bitcoins and i dont have a specific time to sell, this can be a trade too, but depends your personality, if you have experience with trading, if you can wait days to sell anything or you are compulsive.

Holding is not considered as trading. Because by the word itself, trading is exchanging goods to another goods which is opposite to the definition of holding. You will start trading once you stop holding. Holding is just a strategy used trading. Wink

fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:52:57 PM

Holding is not considered as trading. Because by the word itself, trading is exchanging goods to another goods which is opposite to the definition of holding. You will start trading once you stop holding. Holding is just a strategy used trading. Wink

Then from your point of view what is the exact meaning of trading. You will start to trade and buy any coin suppose if that coin price drop will you sell your coins or you will hold it until it gives some percentage of profit. What you will call for this process Trading or any other word. Holding is not considered as trading means how can you say that holding will be the strategy of trading.
wilwxk

Activity: 476
Merit: 314

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:57:48 PM

Then from your point of view what is the exact meaning of trading. You will start to trade and buy any coin suppose if that coin price drop will you sell your coins or you will hold it until it gives some percentage of profit. What you will call for this process Trading or any other word. Holding is not considered as trading means how can you say that holding will be the strategy of trading.
But there are two options when i say about holding, the first is hold to use as money in the future and invest in the future, the secons is only hold to get a good price to sell in a long time, in my case its the second option.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:16:27 PM

It will takes a long time maybe you need 10years or 20years to have a million. But of course you need a lot of patient here when you enter trading, because trading has its own risk. But it is really depend on how we work on it.
emezh10

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:17:51 PM

Until you stop or until you lose because trading is is a system where you can gain money or lose money but when you take trading as a long term investment you will just earn money as time pass because the price of the cryptocurrency is growing just like the time because when the supply is will be lessen the price will go up.
raymond541

Activity: 821

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:36:15 PM

It will takes a long time maybe you need 10years or 20years to have a million. But of course you need a lot of patient here when you enter trading, because trading has its own risk. But it is really depend on how we work on it.
you are talking about investment not trading.trading is buy/sell gain profit or lose.buy for 10years or 20years is investment holding bitcoin until price raise you need to hold even more years if price not raise you can not sell because expected to profit and 10 years long time you not gonna sold in loss.holding is not trading ,holding can be investment  Grin
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 11:40:26 PM

you are talking about investment not trading.trading is buy/sell gain profit or lose.buy for 10years or 20years is investment holding bitcoin until price raise you need to hold even more years if price not raise you can not sell because expected to profit and 10 years long time you not gonna sold in loss.holding is not trading ,holding can be investment  Grin

Maybe he means that doing a longterm trade is quitely profitable but i will simply disagree with his thoughs since their are several cases that traders losses their money for doing some long trades since some of those coins who exist in trading sites are shitcoins and we can only count to our finger on which are them have solid plans and better to do an short trades so that we can earn from them frequently.

goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:48:08 PM

Maybe he means that doing a longterm trade is quitely profitable but i will simply disagree with his thoughs since their are several cases that traders losses their money for doing some long trades since some of those coins who exist in trading sites are shitcoins and we can only count to our finger on which are them have solid plans and better to do an short trades so that we can earn from them frequently.

What do you mean here by long term trades? Long term as an experience or traders will do long holding of a certain coin to be trade?

If long term trades like literally doing trading for a long time, Im agree that there are traders who still have lots of losses even already build experience by doing trading for long term.

About long term holding, then why hold those coins that is prone to being a shitcoins? If a person will do a long term holding, make it to the point that their study bring them to the idea that the certain coin is worth to hold for long. Good candidate would be Bitcoin, Etherium and other promising coins that fit to the criteria. Those altcoins that is meant only for short trades can also hold for long but it's not worth it. We don't want a small profit out of holding it for so long in the first place. Smiley
pressureonme

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:52:36 AM

The question is interesting and some answers are even more interesting than the question. If you wanted to ask the timeline a trade processed by an exchange, this is only seconds. If you meant the period we buy and hold the assets, this is totally up to the investor.
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:12:06 AM

It depends on what style of trading you prefer to do. Short term trading can take in just minutes. However, long term trading can take months or even years.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 03:04:16 AM

We have many things to consider in trading time , first is your skils ,knowledge to trade and money . It may also take you what is your goal to have short term or long term trading style . So it base all in your aspects in trading .
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:45:06 AM

it is determined by the market price at the time of ordering

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: