Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:02:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Devaluating bitcoin, analys.  (Read 830 times)
vaxo_nba (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:00:25 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-2017-currency-devaluation-hedge-emerging-markets/

Bitcoin tendentions and predictions for 2017.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 10:16:15 AM

Well Bitcoin prices are recently following a forward and backward pattern and that makes the predictions somewhat difficult but if we are to go by history then I think the net prediction by the end of 2017 will be a slight forward jump of upto 10% max. That's what i forsee.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:07:27 AM

It will either be stable for a while and then make a big bubble again like last year, or it will go up slowly in a few months to over $1200. I do not think there are reasons right now for the price to fall, except if there will be a Bitfinex-like thing happening soon.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:14:32 AM

Devaluation or inflation, both are just predictions. It's hard to determine what will happen to bitcoin this 2017. But for me there will be no devaluating that will occur and if there will be it will in small percentage only. But most probably bitcoin will keep getting stronger and the price will go up and there's no stopping it.
_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:17:09 AM

As McAfee said

2017 is the year we will see bitcoin will be less and less relevant in blockchain technologies
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:36:12 AM

Honestly, I don't know why Bitcoin is still growing... there are already lots of good alternatives to Bitcoin, but bitcoin is still going ahead in the race. I do believe this is because the Bitcoin network is still the biggest and most powerful network. However this will change in the future
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:40:57 AM

Several coins based upon the same technology has got existed. This hasn't got popular like bitcoin. Very few coins such as ethereum, monero, dash and few others boomed. Using this as an opportunity developers planned of devaluating bitcoin and make others potential. This won't be a success story for other coins.

_nur

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 11:42:29 AM

Honestly, I don't know why Bitcoin is still growing... there are already lots of good alternatives to Bitcoin, but bitcoin is still going ahead in the race. I do believe this is because the Bitcoin network is still the biggest and most powerful network. However this will change in the future

it's the network effect and media

you know first move advantage

when everyone is into bitcoin than they'll find another coin

like yahoo -> google

myspace -> facebook
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 12:16:27 PM

It will either be stable for a while and then make a big bubble again like last year, or it will go up slowly in a few months to over $1200. I do not think there are reasons right now for the price to fall, except if there will be a Bitfinex-like thing happening soon.
I was thinking that the suspension of margin/leverage trading by okcoin, bitcc after they meeting with people bank of china will bring bitcoin price down but the reverse is the case. Bitcoin has been having upward move since the beginning of 2017 as predicted by most experts. It will take some fundamentally issus for the price to currently go down. We hope the price keep moving up.
Glucose

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:27:41 PM

like yahoo -> google

myspace -> facebook

Yeah it probably is. I also assume some people just don't like altcoins because they are (most of them) "copycat" and because they contribute to "dill" the network, the investmentss and the public interest bitcoin could have if it was alone.
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 01:32:28 PM

As McAfee said

2017 is the year we will see bitcoin will be less and less relevant in blockchain technologies

Where did he say that?
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:38:33 PM

None of the other alts are having an superior features to Bitcoin!
And as you said Bitcoin is the biggest, most known and best secured Blockchain!You just need to have a look at the hashrate!
Furthermore it is very hard to overcome the network effect! Most of startups and devs are interested in using the bitcoin blockchain!
Over 150 exchanges! 3 ETFs are waiting for an approval! Big names of silicon valley and the investment space bought into Bitcoin!

Regarding your last sentence I guess you are having the one and only super mega magic crystal ball right?!
Can you tell me the lottery numbers for next week as well please!Or maybe who will win the Super Bowl?!
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:41:07 PM

like yahoo -> google

myspace -> facebook

Yahoo, Google, Myspace and Facebook are companies who offer services!
Bitcoin is not a company!
It's a transaction protocol and a platform which companies can use to build their servies on top!
Kimpoiluiseta

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:45:49 AM

like yahoo -> google

myspace -> facebook

you want another coin replace bitcoin or minimum same bitcoin with volume transaction, i think is very long time
litecoin, dogecoin, ethereum is several coin is change replace bitcoin, but until now is nothing altcoin replace bitcoin
if want replace bitcoin, must all exchanger support pair use fiat money, this now only ethereum and litecoin much exchanger support pair ethereum and litecoin fiat money

▄▄▄
            ▄█████▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
    ▄████▀███████████▀████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀███████▀   ▀████▄
  ████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
   ▀████▄ ▄████▀████▄ ▄████▀
     ▀███████▀   ▀███████▀
       ▀████▄     ▄████▀
         ▀████▄ ▄████▀
           ▀███████▀
             ▀███▀

▐███████▌           ▐███▌      ▐███▌        ████         ██████████████
     █████████           █████      █████        ████         ▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀
    ▐███▌ ▐███▌         ▐█████▌    ▐█████▌       ████              ████
    ████   ████         ███████    ███████       ████              ████
   ▐███▌   ▐███▌       ▐███▌███▌  ▐███▐███▌      ████              ████
   ████     ████       ████  ███  ███  ████      ████              ████
  ▐███████▄ ▐███▌     ▐███▌  ▐██▌▐██▌  ▐███▌     ████              ████
  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████     ████    ██████    ████     ████              ████
 ▐███▌       ▐███▌   ▐███▌    ▐████▌    ▐███▌    ███████████       ████
 ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀
███▀
▐▌

▐▌

███▄
....The Token of Compliance....

❱❱  Facebook   ❱❱  Twitter   ❱❱  Telegram   ❱❱  Blog
▀███
▐▌

▐▌

▄███
███▀
▐▌

▐▌

███▄
▀███
▐▌

▐▌

▄███
vaxo_nba (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 07:21:34 AM

like yahoo -> google

myspace -> facebook

Network and media - not only bitcoin but almost everything is totally depended on this latter.
First move advantage - ok but quality of this "move" is under question mark.
Alternatives - why not, if they contain better specifics. At last, we all are part of a big market.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: