Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:24:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ​🔷 What does IOTA, McDonalds, Michael Vick and a Cover Band have in common?​ 🔷  (Read 1933 times)
Brewins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:33:25 PM

So who changed their Avatar

Do you mean your avatar?

That would be difficult since I was banned and do not have access to the account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:39:11 PM

That would be difficult since I was banned and do not have access to the account.

You probably changed it before the ban?
Snowykingdom

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:41:41 PM

https://i.imgur.com/hCfcwNl.png
Brewins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:43:20 PM

You probably changed it before the ban?

Really?  I have never changed my avatar and I am sure there is a log file on Slack that you could review but it is irrelevant.  

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:45:36 PM

Really?  I have never changed my avatar and I am sure there is a log file on Slack that you could review but it is irrelevant.  

I tried to change your avatar and didn't find such option in admin panel. If it wasn't you changing the avatar then you became a victim of a Slack bug.
Brewins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:52:02 PM

I tried to change your avatar and didn't find such option in admin panel. If it wasn't you changing the avatar then you became a victim of a Slack bug.

If you read the posts about banning me, I thought that guy was joking.  I had no idea what he was talking about and messaged -lol.  Then logged back on with another account asking what the hell was going on and later made this thread.  If I was scamming, as you and your people continue to say, then why in the hell would I go through all this trouble.  In addition I called my friend (the one who messaged you) yesterday and asked him what the hell is going on with me getting banned and asked him to inquire about it.

You really think I picked that guys avatar and was trying to scam after I just bought 2 Ti?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:58:51 PM

You really think I picked that guys avatar and was trying to scam after I just bought 2 Ti?

Personally, I don't think so. There are simple rules and I was following them, particularly:

1. If someone uses Dom's avatar he is banned.
2. If someone uses a throwaway email and a fake name he is banned.

These rules are not easily available to newcomers, this is what the community should improve.
Brewins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:07:26 AM

Personally, I don't think so. There are simple rules and I was following them, particularly:

These rules are not easily available to newcomers, this is what the community should improve.

1-If a lot of people are using Dom's avatar and not the other Team members doesn't that tell you something.
2- The email I attached is a 12+ year old valid email that I use daily (on my original account- Brewins)

Brewins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:12:20 AM

3- looking through the list of names on your Slack Channel it appears 75% are not peoples real names but they are not banned
Voidcrafter

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:34:54 AM

There have been dozens , like a lot of scammers , doing this the community insisted on doing this because all the newcomers lost their btc to scammers

Before we started doing this someone was scammed every 2nd day

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
SteveoMB

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:35:15 AM

1-If a lot of people are using Dom's avatar and not the other Team members doesn't that tell you something.
2- The email I attached is a 12+ year old valid email that I use daily (on my original account- Brewins)

your email provider launched 2011. you somehow mixed 2016 with 2023. but who cares, everything just a coincidence.
it's comparable to protonmail and can be used without phone-verification. we have therefore 4 similarities with scammer. I dont say that you actually are a scammer, but let's say there was a bug and your avatar was doms.
I would also ban you in a minute. experience based decision.

edit: ah I see. your old one was not from a trashprovider. still. IF it was a bug, there is no way any admin would react differently. shit happens.

The Tangler - No bells and whistles, just information
Brewins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:39:09 AM

I invested this week because our mutual friend told me a lot about IOTA and got me excited. The problem with the avatar was out of my control, the lack of anyone actually looking into the problem and after being crucified on your Slack Channel over the last 24 hours I think it is best if we part ways.

I will ask our mutual friend to transfer the IOTA to me after I get a wallet up and running. (I think you actually have his seed so I suppose it will ultimately be you that transfers them to me).  I would then like to be given access to your trading channel if that is possible so that I can post them for sale and we can end this in a civil manner.

SteveoMB

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:44:56 AM

I have admin-rights, but it's not up to me. if people start to accuse the coredevs as trolling scammers, there is no way I would act against their wish, but I doubt anyone would stop you from legit trading.
I think it's important to say that you had an unfortunate start, but the IOTA community isnt built up by trolls or idiots. 99% are nice, reasonable people. Just please dont call anyone a scammer after all the hard work they have done.
we have some scammers there and it's often quite a pain in the ass to protect newcomers, so take it as it is: a bug or whatever. no one would ban you for fun.

Brewins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:50:54 AM

I have admin-rights, but it's not up to me. if people start to accuse the coredevs as trolling scammers, there is no way I would act against their wish, but I doubt anyone would stop you from legit trading.
I think it's important to say that you had an unfortunate start, but the IOTA community isnt built up by trolls or idiots. 99% are nice, reasonable people. Just please dont call anyone a scammer after all the hard work they have done.
we have some scammers there and it's often quite a pain in the ass to protect newcomers, so take it as it is: a bug or whatever. no one would ban you for fun.

Well the problem with that statement is I have NOT called anyone a scammer, on the flip side I have been called a scammer by MANY people on your Slack Channel (including you I think, or maybe you just called me a liar).

You cannot hang a person from a tree and then make amends to that person and make things all better.  The truth is even if I still wanted to be a part of your community I would always have that tag on me. 
SteveoMB

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 12:56:42 AM

Well the problem with that statement is I have NOT called anyone a scammer, on the flip side I have been called a scammer by MANY people on your Slack Channel (including you I think, or maybe you just called me a liar).

You cannot hang a person from a tree and then make amends to that person and make things all better.  The truth is even if I still wanted to be a part of your community I would always have that tag on me. 

1. If I did, I apologize.
2. People have seen the picture of dom and acted accordingly. If it was a bug, it was no ones fault and all following discussions were based on that bug. as big as this pile of shit appears: it's no ones fault.
3. You are wrong. Iotas community always needs good people. If you join slack and have a few reasonable words to say, without drama, just the truth, no one will hang you. Maybe it's the best solution to join slack and to leave it where it was. In the void. Fresh start.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: