Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:45:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]PiCoin [POS+POW] [SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN]  (Read 150777 times)
fred1992

Activity: 400
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:52:11 PM

Thanks.
Got mine coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hannusolo

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:17:36 PM

Devs, any plan about how the airdrop will be made in the future? Like every sunday or something?
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:28:53 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2017, 07:46:12 PM by jc12345

Here are the Picoin Raspberry Pi wallets (headless and Qt) for Raspbian Jessie (v8) as well as a blockchain snapshot. The wallet has been tested on both a Pi2 and Pi3. Since Picoin has a great appeal for staking, it makes sense to stake on a Pi at low electricity cost.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallets were built on Raspberry Pi2/3 (ARM) running Raspbian Jessie (v8) and the instructions and scripts assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have Jessie installed on your Pi micro-SD card. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image of the OS. NB! It is important that if you do a fresh install from an older Jessie image, that you first expand your file system with raspi-config. It is the first option in the menu. The default image they provide installs a partition of about 3.5GB and it needs to be expanded to 8GB or you will not have enough space for the installation. However, if you use the later Jessie image from May 2016, the file system will be expanded automatically. It is furthermore always a good idea to select the boot options in raspi-config to boot to a command prompt with authentication. You can then start the graphical desktop with "startx" manually. This helps with issues during upgrades.
3) The installation script installs the required dependencies automatically. Depending when last you upgraded your Pi operating system, some upgrades will pause the upgrade and require you to first read through some text. If this happens, just scroll down and press "q" and the installation will continue.
4) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/picoin or /home/pi/opt/picoin
5) To run the wallets after installation go to the directory with the wallets and run the wallet file - ./picoind for the headless wallet at the command line or click on the Picoin icon on the desktop or run the picoin-qt wallet file.
6) An Internet connection is required for the installation
7) You need at least an 8GB memory card for the wallet.
8.) The installation itself takes about 45min on an out-of-the-box Pi.
9) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
10) The installation script enables the ufw firewall by default, but does not force any special rules. The wallet still works this way with the port blocked. If however you want to enable it to become a fully functional node, un-comment the ufw lines in the script and add the ports you want open (22666 for Picoin) and run it again or easier, enable it manually by running the command "sudo ufw enable 22666" at the command line.
11) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/picoin folder and execute sha256sum <filename> and md5sum <filename> and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file.
12) The Picoin wallet uses a bootstrap.dat file which is installed automatically by the script up to block 42871.
13) As with the Windows version, the first time you run the Qt wallet it might give a fatal error message, but from the next run onwards it will open fine.

Instructions to use the headless command line daemon wallet:

1) The installation script creates an picoin.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/picoin and enter ./picoind in a terminal window or at the command line to start the server
2) After the wallet has started and loaded the blockchain (give it a minute or so) you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./picoind eg. "./picoind getinfo".
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./picoind encryptwallet <yourpassword>
5) Once you have the wallet running, blockchain loaded and your wallet with coins on the Pi, then you can kickstart staking by executing .picoind walletpassphrase <yourwalletpassword> 99999999 true

Instructions to use the Qt wallet:

1) The wallet works exactly the same as the one in Windows.

To kickstart the installation execute the following commands at the command prompt or in a terminal window on your Pi.

Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/picoin/downloads/picoin_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x picoin_installation_pi.sh && ./picoin_installation_pi.sh && rm -f picoin_installation_pi*

Let me know if there are any issues.

Direct links:
Link to Picoin wallet installation script
Link to Qt wallet
Link to headless wallet
Link to virustotal scan for picoin-qt
Link to virustotal scan for picoind
Link to bootstrap.tar.gz @ block 42871
Link to checksums.txt

Getblockhash 42871: 000000001d35127c34428d2271121b7af3ad83c26e7d1245d120205bba91d604

Picoin address : 34u6AEBGAYBoocPEQ4Aq7UwJzVLMbGXjKb
moby

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:37:33 PM

hi miners,

today i have planned  to start my custom stratum miner software for picoin pool

at 7:00 PM  UTC please change your config miner!

your time in UTC is here: https://time.is/UTC

new stratum port:
Code:

new sgminer config:

Code:
sgminer.exe -k marucoin-mod -o stratum+tcp://stratum-pi.8pool.dtdns.net:3336 -u yourworker.id -p workpass -I 18 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 --no-submit-stale --difficulty-multiplier 0.0001 

please don't forget to set this parameter:
Code:
--difficulty-multiplier 0.0001
otherwise your miner don't send any hashes!

this custom stratum optimize the server latency and speed up the database!

http://pi.8pool.dtdns.net

enjoy :-)

Will I ever see the coin mined on your pool or you will just keep ignoring me?
peschi

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:38:27 PM

PiCoins recieved! Thank you very much!

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:43:34 PM

Nice to see that some ppl are willing to pay 0.00015 BTC per PI.
Just curious why? Wait until it will be listed one day at an exchange, then you may still buy coins.

You missed a zero  Cheesy

btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:14:47 PM

Just curious why? Wait until it will be listed one day at an exchange, then you may still buy coins.

You missed a zero  Cheesy

Curious to know too. How are the dev related to Raspberry PI itself?  Grin I don't even know the features of this coin all I know is that its given away for free by the dev. One thing is sure though, its attracts users to because they thought its going to be valuable. Which exchange is this going to be listed?
smic

Activity: 827

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:47:10 PM

i m sorry,
i launch new features in a few days...

| algo x13 | cpu/gpu: stratum-pi.8pool.dtdns.net | port:3335 | please set: --no-submit-stale in your conf miner ! |

sgminer.exe --no-submit-stale -k marucoin-mod -o stratum+tcp://stratum-pi.8pool.dtdns.net:3335 -u yourworker.id -p yourpassword -I 18 -w 256 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 8192

supersnips

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:16:08 PM

i have opened an official Trading thread, have fun

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1848762.0
1Hakuba

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:15:31 PM

Just earned my first PI Coin PoS coins!  Sweet!
picoindev (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 11:52:35 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 12:57:27 AM by picoindev

Thank you for the reply,

if you check explorer.picoin.club you can see we are working Wink
Please note that it seems the explorer is messing around with the rich list. I will have a look into this tomorrow, maybe it just needs time for the cronjobs to run again.
We are about 50% finished for the first payout run Smiley

I got my airtrop, thank you Smiley
The explorer looks really strange.
Maybe after you finished with the airdrop, you can send all remaining airdrop coins to only one address again.

Banger
I am not 100% sure but there are different possibilities: We have an active coinmixer, the blockexplorer is messing around or POS is generateing new addresses for stake (i am not sure why the wallet would do so, but if i check the last stakes i see they come from different addresses). I have reindexed the explorer 3 times now, checked for correct genesisblock on the config. It is always showing that PI is sent to different addresses. All premined PI are on the mainaddress, except for 50k PI i was sending to picoinsupport in order to do the payouts. I was doing some test transaction and moved 200k PI to one of the master nodes and moved it back again. And again there have been random transactions.
Is there anybody here with experience in setting up blockexplorers? The blockchain is very new so a complete index should be done in under 15minutes.

Devs, any plan about how the airdrop will be made in the future? Like every sunday or something?
As long as we pay out per hand, we will payout every week on wednesday. As soon as automatic payout system is finished we might payout every day but let's see how this is going.

Here are the Picoin Raspberry Pi wallets (headless and Qt) for Raspbian Jessie (v8) as well as a blockchain snapshot. The wallet has been tested on both a Pi2 and Pi3. Since Picoin has a great appeal for staking, it makes sense to stake on a Pi at low electricity cost.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallets were built on Raspberry Pi2/3 (ARM) running Raspbian Jessie (v8) and the instructions and scripts assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have Jessie installed on your Pi micro-SD card. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image of the OS. NB! It is important that if you do a fresh install from an older Jessie image, that you first expand your file system with raspi-config. It is the first option in the menu. The default image they provide installs a partition of about 3.5GB and it needs to be expanded to 8GB or you will not have enough space for the installation. However, if you use the later Jessie image from May 2016, the file system will be expanded automatically. It is furthermore always a good idea to select the boot options in raspi-config to boot to a command prompt with authentication. You can then start the graphical desktop with "startx" manually. This helps with issues during upgrades.
3) The installation script installs the required dependencies automatically. Depending when last you upgraded your Pi operating system, some upgrades will pause the upgrade and require you to first read through some text. If this happens, just scroll down and press "q" and the installation will continue.
4) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/picoin or /home/pi/opt/picoin
5) To run the wallets after installation go to the directory with the wallets and run the wallet file - ./picoind for the headless wallet at the command line or click on the Picoin icon on the desktop or run the picoin-qt wallet file.
6) An Internet connection is required for the installation
7) You need at least an 8GB memory card for the wallet.
8.) The installation itself takes about 45min on an out-of-the-box Pi.
9) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
10) The installation script enables the ufw firewall by default, but does not force any special rules. The wallet still works this way with the port blocked. If however you want to enable it to become a fully functional node, un-comment the ufw lines in the script and add the ports you want open (22666 for Picoin) and run it again or easier, enable it manually by running the command "sudo ufw enable 22666" at the command line.
11) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/picoin folder and execute sha256sum <filename> and md5sum <filename> and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file.
12) The Picoin wallet uses a bootstrap.dat file which is installed automatically by the script up to block 7021.
13) As with the Windows version, the first time you run the Qt wallet it might give a fatal error message, but from the next run onwards it will open fine.

Instructions to use the headless command line daemon wallet:

1) The installation script creates an picoin.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/picoin and enter ./picoind in a terminal window or at the command line to start the server
2) After the wallet has started and loaded the blockchain (give it a minute or so) you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./picoind eg. "./picoind getinfo".
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./picoind encryptwallet <yourpassword>
5) Once you have the wallet running, blockchain loaded and your wallet with coins on the Pi, then you can kickstart staking by executing .picoind walletpassphrase <yourwalletpassword> 99999999 true

Instructions to use the Qt wallet:

1) The wallet works exactly the same as the one in Windows.

To kickstart the installation execute the following commands at the command prompt or in a terminal window on your Pi.

Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/picoin/downloads/picoin_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x picoin_installation_pi.sh && ./picoin_installation_pi.sh && rm -f picoin_installation_pi*

Let me know if there are any issues.

Direct links:
Link to Picoin wallet installation script
Link to Qt wallet
Link to headless wallet
Link to virustotal scan for picoin-qt
Link to virustotal scan for picoind
Link to bootstrap.tar.gz @ block 7021
Link to checksums.txt

Getblockhash 7021: 0000000001f66714c08db3ce416b5432a398df5dd81d3cdce7e08e36adb8ce0b

Picoin address : 34u6AEBGAYBoocPEQ4Aq7UwJzVLMbGXjKb

Thank you very much for this Smiley Realy very nice work. Is it working stable?
With your permission i would like to upload the wallet to https://picoin.club and link it on the ann, includeing your tutorial.

You missed a zero  Cheesy

Curious to know too. How are the dev related to Raspberry PI itself?  Grin I don't even know the features of this coin all I know is that its given away for free by the dev. One thing is sure though, its attracts users to because they thought its going to be valuable. Which exchange is this going to be listed?

We have plenty ideas about future for PI, but still it's to early to tell. But if everything is working as expected i am pretty sure thath people will enjoy to have some PI.
Because we haven't had an ICO (beside community based collection for the OSMIUMCOIN wallet compiler service) we are not in a hurry. I contacted yobit and cryptopia, but didn't receive an answer yet. We could also try to contact novaexchange, because some people told us that they dislike yobit because it's a pump and dump/ICO scam exchange. I personally had only good experiences with yobit, but community also says that reaction time for fixing/updateing wallet can be very long.
I also own a Raspberry PI and was useing it as some kind of a NAS. I have setup PIs for 2 friends of mine in order to use it as a cheap way for webserver (only small websites without any big data).
But the idea of stakeing PI on a PI is realy nice Smiley Its like a PIPIstaker then Cheesy

General update // Signature campaign address collection:
We have collected about 3/4 of all participant addresses. Please send your addresses to picoinsupport or me in order to receive your PI. If you didn't check the thread for a while BUT you have an active PI signature and are on the shareholderlist we will also be paying you all PI since launch.
So far the network has about 32-36 active nodes.
Our next target is starting the small advertisement campaign and to update the website first.  I know i have posted this a few times but i was focusing on other things first. Website will receive the needed update untill end of next week.
Is there anybody here with experience in setting up blockexplorers? The blockchain is very new so a complete index should be done in under 15minutes. (check first quote here in post of Banger42 in relation to random transactions).
Happy mineing and stakeing Smiley
Overflow_FF

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:28:48 AM

Got my first PiCoins.
Thank you dev.
cherry11800

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:33:07 AM

HI Grin

just did some more payouts and added some people to the list ( wait for next update Wink)

We still dont have all the adresses so keep sending them to me or we wont be able to send you your Pi

Dev,My send you address,waiting pi Grin
join2

Activity: 537
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:22:01 AM

HI Grin

just did some more payouts and added some people to the list ( wait for next update Wink)

We still dont have all the adresses so keep sending them to me or we wont be able to send you your Pi

I want to, but I do not know how to obtain them
PBM

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:17:57 AM

I also get coins.
Thanks.
junder

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:30:52 AM

HI Grin

I want to, but I do not know how to obtain them

Read in OP you can understand it
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1771221.0

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
smic

Activity: 827

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:13:02 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 10:33:13 AM by smic

hi miners,

------------------------------i have planned  to start my custom stratum miner software for picoin pool

SATURDAY 01 April 2017 at 7:00 PM UTC I STOP OLD PORT (3335) AND OLD STRATUM!!!

please change your config miner NOW! THE NEW STRATUM IS OPEN!!!-----------------------------------

new stratum port:
Code:

new sgminer config:

Code:
sgminer.exe -k marucoin-mod -o stratum+tcp://stratum-pi.8pool.dtdns.net:3336 -u yourworker.id -p workpass -I 18 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 --no-submit-stale --difficulty-multiplier 0.00001 

please don't forget to set this parameter:
Code:
--difficulty-multiplier 0.00001
otherwise your miner don't send any shares!

this custom stratum optimize the server latency and speed up the database!

http://pi.8pool.dtdns.net

enjoy :-)
b.c4mp3ll

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:27:53 AM

A working coinmixer?? that would be a pretty nice feature i guess Grin Grin Grin
GoldenUnity

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:33:55 AM

Hi Dev, I've joined the signature campaign, and signed up via email, but i'm not on the shareholder list yet.
Overflow_FF

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:56:31 AM

Hello dev,
my rank has updated to Jr. Member.
I also updated my sign.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: