Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:21:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the cheapest:fastest way to buy BTC in USA?  (Read 1547 times)
Sweeet123 (OP)

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 11:08:00 PM

Currently I am using kraken and a wire deposit to buy BTC with a fee of 0.1% maker and 0.2% taker and I use wire transfer with a fee of 25$. Through buying bitcoin I lose around 35-50$ although if I send the wire before 3pm I get it the same day, speed is important.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninche

Activity: 610
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 11:09:49 PM

coinbase
Sweeet123 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 11:12:24 PM

coinbase
What are their fee's? How would you buy the bitcoin? How long does it take? What verification is required?
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 11:16:27 PM

coinbase
What are their fee's? How would you buy the bitcoin? How long does it take? What verification is required?

This article [1] is more than 2 months old but I think that they have increased a bit the fees if I'm not mistaken, I don't buy bitcoins in coinbase do don't know exactly their fees but an important fact is that they have weekly limits on buying and selling bitcoins, so you have to send them a bunch of documents in order to verify your account and increase this limit.

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1826294-how-are-fees-applied-when-i-buy-or-sell-digital-currency-
Sweeet123 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 11:19:38 PM

Coinbases fees are 1.49% over 100% more then the fees I am using now, that is out of the question for me.
PokemonFun

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:09:27 AM

The cheapest way is to send your money from your bank account directly to your bitcoin wallet created in bitkonan site or localbitcoins but I prefer bitkonan because they look faster for me with very low fees.In bitkonan you can also buy/sell crpytocurrencies to make a money but you can also save your earnings so that means that it can be your bitcoin wallet and there is not neccesary to have other bitcoin wallet ,only if some invesment site want from you to use some kind of bitcoin wallet then you must use more wallets and then 1 bitcoin wallet isnt enought.I dont know any other kind of deposit which we can make faster.Only I know that xapo offer a deposit with credit card but I dont know how much time it need to pass to get a deposit directly in own bitcoin wallet.
Sweeet123 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:23:01 AM

The cheapest way is to send your money from your bank account directly to your bitcoin wallet created in bitkonan site or localbitcoins but I prefer bitkonan because they look faster for me with very low fees.In bitkonan you can also buy/sell crpytocurrencies to make a money but you can also save your earnings so that means that it can be your bitcoin wallet and there is not neccesary to have other bitcoin wallet ,only if some invesment site want from you to use some kind of bitcoin wallet then you must use more wallets and then 1 bitcoin wallet isnt enought.I dont know any other kind of deposit which we can make faster.Only I know that xapo offer a deposit with credit card but I dont know how much time it need to pass to get a deposit directly in own bitcoin wallet.
I often look at localbitcoins and their fees are much higher than kraken or gemini, I just looked at bitkonan and their fees are .29% which is more than krakens .2% taker fee.
Bitexchange24

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:36:00 AM

coinbase
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 03:34:14 PM

yes i have a friend there in USA and often we talk about bitcoin, once i asked from his about the way he buy bitcoin and he also told me that he is using bitkonan. according to him it is one of the fastest and reliable way of buying bitcoin with a very very low fee. he also told me about some other good feathers of bitkonan i am not remembering correctly.
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 09:51:06 PM

I often look at localbitcoins and their fees are much higher than kraken or gemini, I just looked at bitkonan and their fees are .29% which is more than krakens .2% taker fee.
Why are you not trying face to face meet up because in my view its better for saving fees just talk and give time to seller for meet up and other details then buy bitcoins because currently its best way to cut fees if you can do this safely
Sweeet123 (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 05:36:24 PM

Why are you not trying face to face meet up because in my view its better for saving fees just talk and give time to seller for meet up and other details then buy bitcoins because currently its best way to cut fees if you can do this safely
I'd much rather purchase them online, I was just hoping by creating this thread there was a cheaper source to buy bitcoin than Kraken.
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 11:20:42 PM

I'd much rather purchase them online, I was just hoping by creating this thread there was a cheaper source to buy bitcoin than Kraken.

coinbase is actually cheaper because the price of bitcoins on kraken is usually 4-5% higher than bitstamp/market rate.
Sweeet123 (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 05:50:36 PM

coinbase is actually cheaper because the price of bitcoins on kraken is usually 4-5% higher than bitstamp/market rate.

As of right now the bitcoin price on coinbase is 982$ and the rate on kraken is 977$, I could understand because the price is changing often right now, but usually kraken is pretty close to the average bitcoin price.
cashfairy

Activity: 430
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:17:32 AM

hello
pm sent

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: