Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2022, 07:11:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 23.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero GUI Wallet  (Read 762 times)
bitstomake

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 03:52:57 PM

Has anyone been using the Monero GUI wallet beta?  Whats the verdict?  Safe for cold storage?

Thanks
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:04:49 PM

I've been using it for a while now. The only bad thing is that it lacks some features within the GUI such as importing/rescaning the blockchain, but overall it's great.
I think it's safe to say that you can use it for cold storage without any worries, it's just as safe as the CLI version.
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:10:38 PM

I've been using it for a while now. The only bad thing is that it lacks some features within the GUI such as importing/rescaning the blockchain, but overall it's great.
I think it's safe to say that you can use it for cold storage without any worries, it's just as safe as the CLI version.

Hi, could you please post a screenshot and a link to this wallet, if you feel like it? It sounds interesting. Is it an official GUI made by the "core developers" of the Monero project?

It sure has been a long time in the making and that's fine. This is it, correct? I'm going to have a look at it, although I don't own any XMR at this point.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 05:30:27 PM

Hi, could you please post a screenshot and a link to this wallet, if you feel like it? It sounds interesting. Is it an official GUI made by the "core developers" of the Monero project?

It sure has been a long time in the making and that's fine. This is it, correct? I'm going to have a look at it, although I don't own any XMR at this point.
I'm not at home right now but yeah that's the one.
And it has been a VERY long time. Honestly the coin shouldn't have started without a readily available GUI. But at least we got it now and it also looks pretty good.
addias

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:15:00 AM

I have used it, and I didn’t have any issues. Also, I heard that the next version will have CPU mining as an option.
bitstomake

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:24:32 PM

excellent, thanks everyone for your feedback.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: