Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dropping and still dropping?  (Read 2300 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 07:33:08 PM

So, what's everyone's guess? It is $89 right now and this morning it was $92. Slowly dropping but how far do you think? Will it hit $50?

Some Avalon miners went from making approx $800/USD per day to $290/USD per day. That's quite a jump. By the time BFL ever does send anything out it will be strictly be just for a play time hobby and conversation piece. I wonder how long it will take before it creeps back up to $200 again, if it ever will.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dandirk

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 07:54:39 PM

If everyone knew... then that would be the price right now:)

Many people are predicting that this crash is very similar to the one in 2011, that it will take a long while to finally bottom out.  The last one looks like it took about 3 months to finally bottom out.

Read some posts... some think single digits, others ~25-35... some in the 50-70s...

I think you over-estimate the $ value of mining...  Obviously rates depend on how many rigs you are running but $300 a day for a single $1200 unit is insanely high.  Other ASIC offerings will bring those down to "normal" levels once difficulty...  Crap if miners should be doubling their investment every 4 days, why trade bitcoin at all?
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:14:27 PM

I have shorted and so are many wise traders.
The great frenzy run up has ended and the situation has reversed now.
Bears are stronger and no massive income of newcomers gonna pour money into this despite what mtgox verification line would led one to believe.

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:27:38 PM

The selling pressure today was relentless. I think 120 is gone. Maybe 105 is gone too. Next big bid wall is at 85.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:32:09 PM

slowly dropping, this isn't a good sign. We are a little bit about 85 now.

I want another bubble so that I can sell at the peak next time.

Oh well, lesson learned.
BubbleBoy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:35:02 PM

Where is a liquid shorting market ?

████
              ▄▄████▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀                  ▀████▄
  ▐███▀                      ▀███▌
 ▐███▀   ████▄  ████  ▄████   ▀███▌
 ████    █████▄ ████ ▄█████    ████
▐███▌    ██████▄████▄██████    ▐███▌
████     ██████████████████     ████
████     ████ ████████ ████     ████
████     ████  ██████  ████     ████
▐███▌    ████   ████   ████    ▐███▌
 ████    ████   ████   ████    ████
 ▐███▄   ████   ████   ████   ▄███▌
  ▐███▄                      ▄███▌
   ▀████▄                  ▄████▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀████▀▀
                ████
MIDEX
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ GET TOKENS ▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM                                # WEB ANN + Bounty <
with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers           > Telegram Facebook Twitter Blog #
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 08:59:37 PM

The selling pressure today was relentless. I think 120 is gone. Maybe 105 is gone too. Next big bid wall is at 85.

superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:07:35 PM

Bears are stronger and no massive income of newcomers gonna pour money into this despite what mtgox verification line would led one to believe.

yes, and how exactly does one "short"?

ok
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:11:45 PM

bitfinex or private loans.
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:27:00 PM

yes, and how exactly does one "short"?

On downtrend,You take a smaller loss by selling at lower price than purchased.

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
sunblaster

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:29:21 PM

looks like a solid support level @ 81 Grin

Not
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:31:42 PM

I have seriously got to stop setting buy orders.

Every time they are executed, the prices crash through that value and just carry on...!
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:50:20 PM

On downtrend,You take a smaller loss by selling at lower price than purchased.

That's not what shorting is.

Definition of 'Short Selling'
The selling of a security that the seller does not own, or any sale that is completed by the delivery of a security borrowed by the seller. Short sellers assume that they will be able to buy the stock at a lower amount than the price at which they sold short.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/shortselling.asp

To short, you need to use a trading platform that allows margin trading, or you can do it through private loans and sales.
superside

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:51:25 PM

No shit man. I feel like I'm chasing the bar right now but am always 1 step behind
dandirk

Activity: 143

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:49:50 PM

I have seriously got to stop setting buy orders.

Every time they are executed, the prices crash through that value and just carry on...!
lol I feel you... I got in (for speculation) at $200 for the first time... Got nervous at $240 and sold (not bad)... got antzy and did a few poor trades like a noob... I was swearing the same thing... "oh the market knows I bought.... down down you go.... oh the market knows I took a loss, now it goes up to my old "even" point... Feel like Homer S... "DOH"!.

All of this is noob experiences... I have been watching for a few days, learned a few indicators and hopping to get in 25-50 again...  I probably will only do a market order, just in case indicators still say its going down...  Maybe I will be a little less noob this time.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:54:50 PM

slowly dropping, this isn't a good sign. We are a little bit about 85 now.

I want another bubble so that I can sell at the peak next time.

Oh well, lesson learned.

how do you know a peak tho?  i sold all my coins at $30 thinking the peak would be the same as last time. but i was wrong and it went up to $266.  next time the peak could get too $500 or $1000 before crashing again....
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:01:53 PM

It will normalize at around 10$. that is a good thing. it needs to be less volatile for merchants to adopt it, and it needs to hurt the short selling speculators and scare them away from being the lions share of the economy. after it hits 10$ look for the next rise in valuation around 2016 (providing there is merchant adoption. if you are in this to make a quick buck... GTFO
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:02:58 PM

..if you are in this to make a quick buck... GTFO
thats 99.9%
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:07:51 PM

thats 99.9%
they just wind up shooting themselves in the foot. its a shame really.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:57:27 PM

thats 99.9%
they just wind up shooting themselves in the foot. its a shame really.

tell that to whoever made a killing this weekend pump and dumping at $266
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: