Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:40:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin wallet password recovery  (Read 2217 times)
liomojo1 (OP)

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 06:01:23 AM

Guys i need some help! My hdd with my bitcoin wallet died! I found a wallet.dat from 2014  , but when i load it it is encrypted and locked!
For my horror i can`t remember my  bitcoin wallet password . I put it 4-5 years ago and haven`t used it and now I can`t send bitcoins!
I  use btcrecover , but i need an advice about the token file !
 I have a guess that the password should be something like this:
Password@100
password100
Passwordname@100 or other 3 or 5 numbers
passwordname100 or 3 or 5 numbers ,
my file is like this
#--pause --wallet wallet.dat  --enable-gpu --global-ws 4096 --local-ws 512 --autosave progress.sav
 Passwordname passwordname
 password@  Password@
 passwordname@ Passwordname@
%1,5d
Am I doing it right or wrong?
Please help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 02:11:17 PM

I  use btcrecover , but i need an advice about the token file !
I am not familiar with the tool that you are using. Could you provide me with a link?

In case that you are stuck /  you are willing to give up, there is a somewhat reputable service that does password recovery. They will however take a 20% cut of the balance found there. Take a look: https://walletrecoveryservices.com - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240779.20

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
liomojo1 (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 03:24:45 PM

I  use btcrecover , but i need an advice about the token file !
I am not familiar with the tool that you are using. Could you provide me with a link?

In case that you are stuck /  you are willing to give up, there is a somewhat reputable service that does password recovery. They will however take a 20% cut of the balance found there. Take a look: https://walletrecoveryservices.com - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240779.20
here it is https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover
walletrecoveryservices

Activity: 89
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 06:07:10 PM

I  use btcrecover , but i need an advice about the token file !

In case that you are stuck /  you are willing to give up, there is a somewhat reputable service that does password recovery. They will however take a 20% cut of the balance found there. Take a look: https://walletrecoveryservices.com - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240779.20

Thanks for the plug.
I am in contact with OP now. I hope that I can help.
Cheers
Dave
walletrecoveryservices.com

Providing Cryptocurrency Wallet, Password and Seed Recovery Services since 2013
liomojo1 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:24:14 AM

Any new hack or something to crack my wallet password? Still can`t resolve it!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

We have already told you to ask Dave from https://walletrecoveryservices.com/ for help. Did you not let him take a crack at it (as he claims you were in contact in the post here)?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 08:21:15 AM

What is the problem? If you are unsure whether your token file does what you want, use --listpass.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
liomojo1 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:04:26 PM

We have already told you to ask Dave from https://walletrecoveryservices.com/ for help. Did you not let him take a crack at it (as he claims you were in contact in the post here)?
Yes I did, he tried for two weeks , but had no success! It was 4 months ago , and I am searching for a new hacks!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:19:02 PM

I am searching for a new hacks!

I have good news for people that use bitcoin...

If you protect your wallet with a strong password, it will probably be impossible for someone to steal your bitcoins if they get a copy of your wallet file.

I have some bad news for you...

If you protected your wallet with a strong password, it will probably be impossible for you to access your bitcoins from a copy of your wallet file.

Keep the file.  Perhaps some day in the future, a mathematician will discover some weaknesses in the method used to encrypt the wallet file, but right now it isn't going to be possible unless you can remember some things about the password.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 08:24:11 PM

Yes I did, he tried for two weeks , but had no success! It was 4 months ago , and I am searching for a new hacks!

Thats definitly more than 5 digits then. How many passwords you (still) need to check?

liomojo1 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:00:49 PM

Well I tried all that can think about, in Latin in Cyrillic, no go! I couldn't check the passwords with more than 4 digits after the special symbol ,cause it said i need more than a year to revolve! A friend told me that i put a new password after i backed up my wallet and now this back up is invalid and block chain does not accept it and no password will work , is this true?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 06:42:12 AM

Well I tried all that can think about, in Latin in Cyrillic, no go! I couldn't check the passwords with more than 4 digits after the special symbol ,cause it said i need more than a year to revolve! A friend told me that i put a new password after i backed up my wallet and now this back up is invalid and block chain does not accept it and no password will work , is this true?

No thats bullshit, the blockchain doesnt care as long as you have the correct private keys. Those are what the file protects. If anything the backup is too old and does not contain all needed keys, but you can easily check that by loading up the file in bitcoin core. More than a year for 5 digits sounds like you either have a very good CPU (high number of sha512 hashes to protect the wallet file) or a very slow GPU (low number of passwords checked per second). We are talking about 100 000 combinations here, depending on the number of hashes they shouldnt take me longer than 40 seconds to try. Dave should be even faster with his multi gpu setup. I get the feeling you are not telling us the whole story here.

liomojo1 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:58:50 PM

Hahah Yes I have a big secret here , a conspiracy to steal all the bitcoins! Grin
It is on my first post I put 3 -4 passwords and after the special symbol to roll 1to5 digits symbols, but if i put more 1-10 digits it gives me more than a year to search using 4x1070! May be i am doing something wrong , that is why i started this , as you can see above i was requesting for help with the configuration file!
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 04:58:55 PM

Hahah Yes I have a big secret here , a conspiracy to steal all the bitcoins! Grin
It is on my first post I put 3 -4 passwords and after the special symbol to roll 1to5 digits symbols, but if i put more 1-10 digits it gives me more than a year to search using 4x1070! May be i am doing something wrong , that is why i started this , as you can see above i was requesting for help with the configuration file!

Alright, lets start at square one.

What does --list-gpus show?

How did you determine the global and local worksize values? (or did you just take any)

What does --enable-gpu --global-ws x*whatever --local-ws whatever --performance --no-dupchecks --wallet yourwalletfile.dat show?

Try 1024 for whatever and 13 for x as well as the values you had before.

btw @all is there a patch for btcrecover that shows the number of SHA512 rounds on core wallets?

liomojo1 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 08:30:11 PM

Here for 11 min and growing slowly
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 09:12:22 AM

Here for 11 min and growing slowly

Alright, so you have somewhat decent performance. Try local 1024 and global 13312. I have a single GTX970[1], but its > 1/4 of your performance. This might give you another 1-2kP/s.

The way I understand your first post is that you have a "password" and a "name" which are always in the front, possibly follow by an @ symbol. Password might be capitalized. After that its at least 3, possibly up to 10 digits.

Try the following token file (add options as needed):

Code:
+ ^Password ^password
^2^name
^3^@
$%3,10d

10 digits is still a lot at that rate though, so maybe start with less. You can also use --no-eta and -d -d -d -d to improve speed. Dupchecks shouldnt be needed with that token file.

[1] Not sure why your 1070's show as 970's btw, but I read the source yesterday and there seems to be some issues with the latest NVidia generations. Didnt look into it, so I might have understood it wrong. My intention was to create a pull request so that the number of sha512 rounds are now shown for core wallets. I think it was merged this morning. If you want to give it a try its nice to have information, but not a requirement.

liomojo1 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:48:16 AM

Thank you very much! Well i sold the 1070 3 months ago and now i have on this machine 4x970 and 1x7950 and one r9 290. On the other machines I have 6x390 and some rx470! I will try whatever you need , but i don't have 1070 anymore! Interesting thing is that it only uses the 970s not the amd cards, why is this?
I will try your token file and report later, thanks again!
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 09:19:30 PM

Thank you very much! Well i sold the 1070 3 months ago and now i have on this machine 4x970 and 1x7950 and one r9 290. On the other machines I have 6x390 and some rx470! I will try whatever you need , but i don't have 1070 anymore! Interesting thing is that it only uses the 970s not the amd cards, why is this?

Not 100% on this, but the code is different for AMD and Nvidia cards. You can tell it to use specific card(s) though. Depending on the performance you could run it two or more times with different token files. This would share the load among systems and would greatly imrpove your progress. There also is a flag to skip every but the nth password. IIRC --worker. I have little expierence with it though and it might slow down progress.

I will try your token file and report later, thanks again!

I estimated 80 billion[1] combinations to try. At ~8kP/s it would take 115 days. That might be doable with the other machines and split token files.

[1]
Unless my math is off:
1010 for the 10 digits.
Password and password: *2
Passwordname and passwordname: *2
Passwordname@ and passwordname@: *2
TTL 1010*23

WalletPasswordRecovery

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 06:05:29 PM

hi,
I have spent one day on tuning btcrecover to use my 6 AMD 470's and had wore results compared to hashcat. Hashcat is great! it does not require tuning, works automatically and uses maximum GPU as default.
For some reasons I use btcrecover too but mainly to generate dictionaries:
python btcrecover.py --no-dupchecks --min-tokens 3 --max-tokens 5 --listpass --tokenlist tokenfile.tok > dictionaryfile.dic

in your case it will take some time to generate the dictionary... an hour or more and some gigabytes of space
an idea to split the token file for two or more could be good in this case
liomojo1 (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:05:24 AM

Ok guys , still no success!
 I was wondering if the wallet.dat file that i use and is  from 2014 is valid. I saw that if i put a new password on a wallet and the old wallet.dat file become invalid. Will I be able to sync with this old wallet.dat file or is there a way I can check if it is valid or not?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: