Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:34:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Macro environment in E-business? Does Pestel framework works on it?  (Read 258 times)
puremage111 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 09:10:04 AM

Hello everyone, if you have came across this topic, meaning that you are people who have knowledge in the business/economics studies.

I need some clarification and help.

I am a business information system student, and this module is : E-business

We are required to present something of E-business, i picked up the Macro Environment in E-business.

Therefore, i present it by using the Pestel Framework.

On each and every part, i gave an example. And the company i am using is : x Inc

Political = If government raised the Import/Export Tax from 5% - 10%, it will causes x Inc to loss some customer due to the taxes.
Economical = If our economic currency exchange rate has improve, meaning people can spend less money to purchase product from x Inc.
Socialogical = Trends, Human background. Usually people who have lower than average income wouldn't buy product from x Inc.
Technological = If Y company launch a solar charging mobile phones, it will took over the market trends and replace X product.
Environmental = If x mobile phone is made from coal, when coal is mined finish, it will cause the supply to go down.
Legal = If x phones is implement and built in with a drug marketplace application, while the country doesn't allow drugs to be taken, it will be hard for the x products to enter the market in that country.

After presenting, my lecturer shake her head. She said : Did i teach you such things? I've never link anything to politics, what i teach was
Political Landscape, I have never taught you about politics.

I said : but the Pestel framework which the macro environment used taught us that, i read the framework.
She said : Now we are learning E-business, Everything is online.
I said : Pestel framework do apply the same logic and concept.
She said : I never taught you that political issue will affect it, since when do politic issues will be relate and harming e-business?
I said : But the Pestel Framework of  Macro environment do apply to all types of business ranging from traditional to pure-play (Fully online).
She said : Wrong, everything you did is wrong.

My question : Does Pestel Framework apply on E-business? And Is the P = Political or Political Landscape?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 10:56:25 AM

Your lecturer is stupid.Having a stupid teacher is a pain in the ... Grin
The pestel does apply for e-business,but i don`t think that she understands the term "political" the way you do.
The goverment can have a huge impact over the e-business with legislation,taxation and regulations.

puremage111 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2017, 01:00:44 PM

Your lecturer is stupid.Having a stupid teacher is a pain in the ... Grin
The pestel does apply for e-business,but i don`t think that she understands the term "political" the way you do.
The goverment can have a huge impact over the e-business with legislation,taxation and regulations.

lel i am feeling pain but yeah, maybe due to the time when she learn has different type of Pestel i suppose.
Yeap, i don't think she generally understand what i am trying to bring out but its okay xd
Yeah, i read on other sites about Pestel and Macro environment and taxation, regulations does affect business but she doesn't buy my way of presenting oh well.

Thanks for comment tho Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: