Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make governments accept bitcoin?  (Read 28900 times)
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:29:41 AM

I have a question for you. How to make governments accept bitcoin and not see it as a threat? So that one could use bitcoin in daily use, such as paying taxes or grocery shopping. What is there, other than anonymity, thats making governments fear bitcoin and cryptocurrencies?

It is very difficult to convince Central Banks/Governments to accept bitcoin as a normal currency and make this coin equal with the formal currency released from the Central Banks of every country. This because the people may abandon the last one and this mean risks for the economy of the country. But we must aim to legalize bitcoin in a whatever way in order that the people have the right to use or store it like they want. This is possible and the first way we can use to make this possible is to explain the power of the tech behind bitcoin and blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:37:48 AM

I guess I'm lost. Why would you want governments to support Bitcoin? I thought Bitcoin was the big anti-government anti-fiat rockstar that was going to help libertarians take over the world. What changed? Did I miss a meeting?
If bitcoin was accepted by the government then it will be a big step up for bitcoin because bitcoin will have a greater foundation which is the support of the government and the government will not allow bitcoin to die because they are already par of it. You didn't missed a meeting or any kind related to that. This is just a topic that discussing about that which is kinda good idea for bitcoin because we have a chance to get a support from one of the most powerful group in the world and that is the government.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:38:10 AM

goverment did not accept BTC because,its centralized so,no one can make corruption. so,they reject BTC . Incase BTC price will down the government can close the btc currency.
Yes you are right, and the solution for the governments accept bitcoin is the peoples on the countries must adopt bitcoin in their real life, it will makes the governments accept bitcoin because of follow their people,
unfortunately it needs much time for the governments accept bitcoin, because there are not many people on every countries adopt bitcoin for payment method or investments.
Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 07:45:04 AM

I guess I'm lost. Why would you want governments to support Bitcoin? I thought Bitcoin was the big anti-government anti-fiat rockstar that was going to help libertarians take over the world. What changed? Did I miss a meeting?
Governments' acceptance leads Bitcoin to be more effective in the future and leads it to reach more people.  The problem is that some governments see it as a threat and that leaves some people to believe it's not legitimate.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:04:21 AM

If bitcoin was accepted by the government then it will be a big step up for bitcoin because bitcoin will have a greater foundation which is the support of the government and the government will not allow bitcoin to die because they are already par of it. You didn't missed a meeting or any kind related to that. This is just a topic that discussing about that which is kinda good idea for bitcoin because we have a chance to get a support from one of the most powerful group in the world and that is the government.

I see what you're saying. You want the government to give Bitcoin legitimacy. Thats kind of what's happening in Japan right now. Let's see how that works out.   

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:30:53 AM

Merely asking the question means you don't understand Cryptocoins.

I'm grumpy!!
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:01:58 PM

Preach anarchy and repeat after me "I am free".... We can reject hierarchy, advocate a stateless society based on voluntary and fix the problem to the root and to abolish a system of government. We can be all together self-governed and we won't need to make any government to accept bitcoin or any other crypto
CODE200

Activity: 1428
Merit: 308

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:29:57 PM

Well as of now based on my understanding bitcoin is not consider an illegal gaming site or trading sites etc so thre is no guarantee that i can give an exact answer when it regards to the topic but as far as i know until nobody is/are complaining about bitcoin it can be consider being accepted by the government.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:40:07 PM

Well as of now based on my understanding bitcoin is not consider an illegal gaming site or trading sites etc so thre is no guarantee that i can give an exact answer when it regards to the topic but as far as i know until nobody is/are complaining about bitcoin it can be consider being accepted by the government.

Even I checked, some of the trollers only speak about bitcoin being used in illegal activities but there is no proof that its been used for these activities. I do not think bitcoin will be centralized money as the feature and potential have as of now. US trying to take control over bitcoin that's we are seeing many adoption on blockchain technology especially North american region.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:49:56 PM

I dont think that there is a need for government to accept or support bitcoin. Bitcoin is a currency of individual. And the features of bitcoin of anonymity and decentralisation is a hurdle in government accepting it. But these make bitcoin what it is. I dont see a need of government accepting the bitcoin.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:57:28 PM

Merely asking the question means you don't understand Cryptocoins.

Isn't it obvious?  Probably OP had an idea and wanted to confirm if his idea is correct that is why he is asking the community on how they think the best way to make government accept Bitcoin.  Besides there is no harm in asking what is we do not know than pretending to know them when actually we don't. 

I guess adoption, will convince the government to give legitimacy (acceptance) to Bitcoin.  They must do it since it would be a waste if they can't profit with Bitcoin transactions.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:58:55 PM

Even I checked, some of the trollers only speak about bitcoin being used in illegal activities but there is no proof that its been used for these activities. I do not think bitcoin will be centralized money as the feature and potential have as of now. US trying to take control over bitcoin that's we are seeing many adoption on blockchain technology especially North american region.
Illegal activities have got increased usage compared to legalized activities. Only because of the same it's much trolled about the usage on illegal transactions. Little by little now only slowly the legalized transactions along  with  governments support have been increasing.

lemonade09

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:14:30 PM

They will not gonna accept bitcoin but in some way yes there are some accepting bitcoins but bitcoin is a virtual money and bitcoin is anonymous and that the real problem of the bitcoin that why the government cannot accept it all the transaction can be just illegally in many ways maybe if they can control the bitcoin they will accept it but apparently they can't do anything in control the price of the bitcoin.
Wesimon

Activity: 406

https://gexcrypto.io

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:38:51 PM

Since when bitcoin became a gaming site or a trading site? Bitcoin is just used in those particular sites. Bitcoin is just like money in its own ways.

Complaining about bitcoin in what particular aspect? Come to think  of it, why would anyone complain about bitcoin? Did anyone complained about fiat? What is the sense of complaining then?

███
     ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀
  ▄█████████▄
 ███▀     ▀███▄
███         ███
███         ███
 ███▄     ▄████
  ▀████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀  ███
            ███
███▄       ▄███
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀█████▀▀
gexcrypto
E X C R Y P T O

Global Trading Corp.
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YOUR COMPREHENSIVE CRYPTO TRADING PLATFORM
|       WHITEPAPER       |       FACEBOOK       |       TWITTER       |       ANN THREAD       |
████
████
████
████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
      ████
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:55:53 PM

Since when bitcoin became a gaming site or a trading site? Bitcoin is just used in those particular sites. Bitcoin is just like money in its own ways.

Complaining about bitcoin in what particular aspect? Come to think  of it, why would anyone complain about bitcoin? Did anyone complained about fiat? What is the sense of complaining then?

In a newbies perspective that is what his understanding about bitcoin, I think he gambling site and not gaming by the way, and in a newbies perspective they always think as bitcoin as just gambling and trading site and they always do that kind of things using bitcoin and they are not thinking out of the box and see it on their own perspective that bitcoin is not an ordinary currency they can mess with and if they do it properly they can earn good amount of income with it.
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:06:31 PM

Well, basically the bitcoin is currencies which have a tendency in those who are anti Government and also money. for they are anti Government is absolutely disagree in some respects, like the trade that has the level of losses as large as drugs or other things. This is indeed very harmful, but thanks to it can grow as large as the bitcoin nowadays. So if bitcoin is not supported by the Government, bitcoin still has many advantages

fujyo86

Activity: 253

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:44:26 PM

with or without support from the government to the fact that bitcoin can develop in a time not too long
but if the government has a role in bitcoin will be many changes in the rules on freedom of bitcoin
although it will not affect the profits of bitcoin.
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:17:05 PM

Just because you don't see it happening, doesn't mean it's not happening. If I told you that there are tons of people getting beheaded every single day for no reason, would you believe me? I guess you'd ask where is my proof. But think about it. The world is so huge, almost everything that you can imagine is happening (except of course those that defies science). You might be living in a quite peaceful place but there are places that are totally not peaceful.

That's analogous to what you're trying to ask. "There is no proof." You don't know that illegal activities are happening with bitcoins as payment because you are at the wrong place. You are here in bitcointalk and illegal activities are prohibited here so you wouldn't see anything like that here. But simply go to reddit. There's a subreddit where you can buy drugs, which is totally illegal, using bitcoins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:27:05 PM

I dont think that there is a need for government to accept or support bitcoin. Bitcoin is a currency of individual. And the features of bitcoin of anonymity and decentralisation is a hurdle in government accepting it. But these make bitcoin what it is. I dont see a need of government accepting the bitcoin.

to me i think currently the government is not feeling the need to accept bitcoin but in future when the users of bitcoin will increase more and more then government will certainly feel the need to accept bitcoin as legal currency, and hope then they will even support bitcoin.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:28:42 PM

Nothing. With or without any government approval or acceptance, bitcoin will continue to exist and function. To some, this is actually an advantage, uncontrolled and decentralized. I worry if a central government actually accepts it, then it will try to control it, which is actually opposite to bitcoin's nature.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: