Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:49:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Optimal btc mining configuration on Mac and PC?  (Read 556 times)
akspa (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 10:22:58 PM

I've got a MacPro2,1 running a modded Radeon 6770 (id modded for 5770 native support), with 12GB of RAM, and MacOSX 10.7.5. Currently, I've only been able to get DiabloMiner to run on the system, but it seems to limit the max MHash/s rate to around 89MH/s - I seem to recall using the same configuration about 1.5 years ago and managed to get around 150-180MH/s. The only thing that has changed since that time was the version of DiabloMiner I was using. I've also configured and gotten SLUSH's stratum proxy running, so I know the issue is not with the old getwork protocol (and I am aware of the current issues with the pool being ddos'd) - the configuration I have set on Diablominer is currently " -v2 -w64 -f8 -na ", which gets me the best hashing rate currently. I've fooled around with the worksize, but anything higher than 64 seems to cause the hash rate to be around 30MH/s.

Ideally, I'd like to squeeze out as much performance as I can from this card, since the system is otherwise unused (file server, used sporadically).

I've also got my windows machine running 2x6850's (not crossfire) with cgminer, averaging about 170MH/s per card - which also seems quite low for these cards. I've got these cards configured with the following settings:
"intensity" : "d,d",
"vectors" : "2,2",
"worksize" : "128,128",
"lookup-gap" : "0,2",
"thread-concurrency" : "7680,4096",
"shaders" : "960,960",
"gpu-fan" : "10-98,10-98",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85,90",
"temp-target" : "72,72",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "4",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "60",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",

I've tried setting the intensity to anything other than dynamic, and the system lags terribly. Since I use this system, dynamic is really the only choice I have for these cards. Setting gpu-threads to anything other than 1 seems to also halve the hash rate. The other issue is that I cannot seem to generate a new kernel, possibly due to some unknown problem with the 13.3 beta catalyst drivers and the included AMD APP sdk - I've tried all the known workarounds to solving this problem, aside from reinstalling Windows, but I cannot seem to get any version of cgminer to cooperate with this system. As such, the kernel I'm stuck using was compiled when I installed cgminer originally (v2.11.3, currently inserted into the 2.11.4 installation, with the above config).

I'm confuzzled by all this. Is there something I'm really missing regarding the Mac side of things?
Is there a way to fix my openCL support on my Windows box - Is this the only issue preventing my cards from hashing better (aside from the intensity, that is)?

HELP!

PS: I'm a computer tech by trade, I'm somewhat versed in shell scripting on *nix and Windows, understand how to compile stuff on *nix and Windows; In any case, any help would be great Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: